It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Valid Reason On Exactly Why Everyone, Including YOU, Should Feel Stupid!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hi to my fellow ATS members taking part in this thread!

1stly To all the stupid people ... you can't help being stupid and thinking stupidly and hence you already feel stupid ... so I don't blame you for that since you already meet the criteria of this thread ok!

2ndly However ... To all the smart people ...

The basic valid reason on why exactly everyone, including you, should feel stupid IS because it is the right thing to logically and humanely do!

Here is why ... it is called having a conscience ... and it is about walking a mile in another persons shoes!

Since the basic level of smart is the minimum Mensa level IQ of 135 ... over 90% of humanity is stupid because 100 IQ is retarded compared with 135 IQ ... compare 65 IQ to 100 IQ to see and notice the difference in just how stupid 100 IQ really is ok.

George Carlin on Stupid People (caution contains rough language)

So be nuts and start giving a sh!t and FEEL stupid for once in your lives ok!

IT IS HEALTHY FOR YOU!

Because if you don't understand stupid people they will threaten your survival
... so again, be smart and feel stupid!

This thread was brought to you by the numbers '65' , '100' and '135' and by the letter 'H' and finally by the ATS shill for truth and troll for ad revenue, DietJoke!

Trololo Song!

So ... Do you feel better now that you feel stupid

[Note: You can help my agenda by starring and flagging this thread if you feel I have trolled you! However if you think I did a great job then please make an ALERT and warn all the mods on just how awesome I really am
]

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am confused op .It must be because IQ smart /stupid is not a feeling but a knowledge ...Maybe I am just not smart enough to understand :>( good post :>) a reply to: DietJoke

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread DietJoke!

What I take from this is a lesson in humility. No matter how smart you are, there is someone smarter and, of course, not one single person knows everything. Accepting that and being honest with ourselves goes a long way.

Am I off the mark here?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
People that measure IQs are like people that measure test scores, or people that never let go of some technicality which proves something about themselves in some way. Oh dear. Yeah, much easier to go through life not worried about all that jazz. Sometimes, if you just take a second not trying to push yourself off as something better than everyone else, it might just make you the smartest person in the room.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Where to start....

I am one who can not see past my own intelligence. Conceded? NO, its called self confidence.

I joke that i am stupid all the time when i receive comments like "your so smart". A self deprecating sense of humor if you will. Maybe that's to make people like me instead of see me as a know it all.

My point, for all you "stupid people" out there. You can not succeed and anything including "being smart" of you do not apply your self.

Just because i don't understand something does not mean i give up trying. It does not mean i am "stupid" or anything else for that matter.

Its a self fulfilling prophesy of sorts. If you set the bar so low on yourself, you will never achieve anything above that because you already convinced yourself that is all your capable of.

It has given me the capability to learn just about everything i set my mind to.

Your mileage my vary and this is just my opinion based upon my own experiences.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have to borrow a line from beez here.............................

Comparing IQ's is like comparing penis size, pointless......................it's not what you have, it's how you use it.

Cody

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Am I off the mark here?

I think i may be. I get the feeling its a thread about perception.

Maybe i am reading too much into it?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm a bit over 135 ... soooo, is this thread not for me?

Seriously, it's not about being smart or not, it's about being able to admit when you're wrong. I just did that in another thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I thank everyone who has replied so far!

There seems to be some confusion
... so let me dispel that ...

Here is why ... it is called having a conscience ... and it is about walking a mile in another persons shoes!

It is not about IQ's ... it is about CARING!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I thought I was sooooo smart, Professor Quiz Quiz as my Aunt called me as a kid, and then I figured out much later that I knew nothing about and wasn't taking "Vitamin C" supplements, was eating meat, was drinking soda instead of water, chowing down sugar like it was chow, and many other things. "Stupid is as stupid does". Or, in my case "Stupid as is does stupid".

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, Im 136.....But considering 135 is the cut off rate for Mensa, and that many of the people in Mensa likely have IQ's much higher than 136....If we were to join, then we'd likely be stupidest members there! Just barely making the cut for their club!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

I think to be smart is to live as naturally as possible and to grow and reproduce good genes and take care of them and to love and help the others .Being free of physical or psychological issues is also a must. It is also to eat properly and sleep enough...Pretty much like a healthy cat or a bee...But since we mostly do not do all of the above (if any at all) so we are all stupid one way or another,,,but look at the bright side,we at least addmit that we are.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

this post just made me go do IQ test iam 91! Quite surprised at that haha

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Mensa was founded on the idea that if they brought the keenest minds on the planet into an organization they'd then create "round tables" for solving the world's problems. When I was an active member they held parties. A long way from their founding goal, and to me that makes the organization, as an entity, quite stupid.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
IQ tests can be gamed, interestingly enough.

When I was a child, I scored well enough to receive quite a lot of attention from.. "important" people. Alongside other testing, it was all quite interesting who really watches these things. At least past certain parameters.

Even as a child though, I was clever enough (totally different thing, fwiw) to be able to start testing lower (in the 130s). Best decision I ever made, I think.

Intelligence is a responsibility, not a tool for exploit. I feel like if a positive legacy isnt left, then it was all a waste and whatever number is put on it.. is irrelevant. I think they need a new metric that measures how well one can use their intelligence rather than simply what is there. Kind of like an IQ efficiency, I guess.

I always feel equally stupid and smart.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Most people with sky high IQs that I've come around are terribly lonely. They don't well relate, and have a hard time adapting to society. I'm sure there's a disproportionate number of high IQ individuals on this site.

I have a hard enough problem caring about the average IQ individual. I'm fully aware there's someone out there towering over me and feeling the same way about me, and I accept this. Not sure why this should motivate me to empathize with retarded people. I think retarded people need to hang around retarded people, say retarded things, and be incredibly inefficient at achieving their goals in life. The smarter you are, the more introverted, in general, and the more inclined you are to fill online forums with other eccentrics. I accept this, and don't bother trying to blend in for long periods of time among societies members. It's far too draining, and has never given me good results in the long run.

This is who I am, and I accept this. I don't understand why I should care about people who are obtuse. They seem to be doing a fine job of keeping their selves down, and I'd rather they not drag me down by choosing to be in their presence. What I will say is that my lack of care allows a disconnect that no longer ends in rage. In the past, when I cared for retarded people, I would get disappointed, upset, and ultimately feel hurt/betrayed... I just couldn't comprehend the mind of the retard. I had to come up with hidden motivations for why they acted so dumb. In reality, they simply were that freaking dumb. They lacked self-awareness, and could not help them selves out of the situations they choose to get their selves into, time and time again. The best I can do is not care for these individuals. For their own good, for my own good, for everyone's own good.

That's my take. Apply care where it does best, and walk away from retards.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

The people I have worked with in the Special Olympics have taught me significantly more than any Mensa group. In fact, they have taught me more than pretty much anyone, or any group, in my entire life.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Good for you. I'd never join Mensa. Isn't the special Olympics more for physically disabled people? I've got no issue with someone who has a physical disability. It's just as they are. I no longer have a problem with those that I view as intellectually retarded, as I've removed myself from their presence.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Isn't the special Olympics more for physically disabled people?

No. Here is a decent run down.
edit on 3-7-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Thanks. I just looked into it. Completely incorrect there.

I can see myself getting along much better with a truly intellectually disabled individual. The problem with people of normal IQ that I encounter, is that the potential truly does seem there, and yet, they just can't seem to get their poo together.

Working with someone who has a seriously low IQ would be like working with a child. Working with an average IQ is like working with a hormone raging teenager. I'd much rather deal with the kid, than the teen.

<<   2 >>

join