It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Veteran May Lose Home For Displaying American Flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I understand and recognize the need for rules, regulations and guidelines being in place. They serve an important function of civilization. The problem enters when people declare arbitrary rules. Rules that do not physical affect or protect anyone. Rules that have the power to create money out of thin air. Rules that have the power to steal physical property or assets. That is when adherence and respect for rules gets ignored.

No type of regulation should be able to take this mans house or create money by fining him thousands. How weak, pusillanimous and petty did this country become? How has rules evolved to the point that they can potentially take this mans house for a miniature 6 inch flag in a flower pot?

It is this level of absurdity that creates disrespect and contempt for all laws, rules and regulations. I have experienced my fair share of absurd rules that I have no respect for them any longer and I view with scorn people that stand by and defend rules without regard for logic, fairness and basic respect. It is utter stupidity.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Another case of 'Be compliant no matter what or face consequences'

It's almost like mind control in a way, teaching people to do as they are told or face punishment.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Finally something we both agree on.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nobody has to report you in a HOA, they do regular patrols and check each and every house. They find the infraction themselves long before some one reports them.

OH GREAT The HOA POLICE
All we need are more Idiots enforcing Stupid Rules.
I have several ponds in my Neighborhood filled with Frogs.
These Neighbors Don't Complain at all.
Although they do make a lot of Noise all night long.
I am very Happy with my Noisy Neighbors.
LOL

P.S. I am A Veteran and i would stick my Flag somewhere other
than A Flower Pot.
If you get my meaning.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Personally i hate HOA's.

But i'm wondering if there is more to this story.

Where did this $8000 come from?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bg_socalif

This is a 2 year fight so I imagine it is the combined fees over the years.

And all he has to do is just not have it out while he fights this and he would not be getting fined.
He agreed to the rule, that principle should equal the principle of him being able to fly the flag

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Am I the only person that read the part about him owing 8k?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What's up with Florida and vets? Another vet 73 years old lost his job at Cracker Barrel for giving a corn muffin to a homeless man. source

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Cause it is a great word for click bait like your link.
Being a veteran had nothing to do with anything in the article besides what he did before he got that job.

Cracker Barrel, however, says the most recent incident was Koblenzer's fifth and final time he violated the company's policies regarding giving away food or consuming food without paying.

Bold is mine.
Obviously the company he worked for did not like to lose any money and that is their right. The fact that he got written up for drinking fountain drinks should tell him they probably don't want him giving out food.
Now if he offered to pay, and had paid for the coffee he gave out then the company is in the wrong.
Your artilce doesn't say either way, just that he got fired for his 5th offense with the company.
And again, your story is a man not following the rules, just cause he is a vet does not mean he can break their rules. He fought so they could have them.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

But the "if he doesn't like it then he can move" has merit IMO.
They go over the rules with you when you move into HOA, he may not have noticed it or didn't think that rule was unjust at the time but he still chose to live there with that rule in place. Must be the rest of residents don't have a problem with it if they are still enforcing it and still fining the man.
Go find a place that doesn't have a HOA or find on that allows flags in flower pots.

It's a federal law and also a state law here in Florida. As long as the flag is a country flag or military flag, you can fly it. I live in an HOA that tried to do the same thing and they had to change the rules to allow it.
HOA in Florida are run by miserable retired people on a power trip. It is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
Am I the only person that read the part about him owing 8k?

I believe That is the total they have fined him for flying the flag. Apparently they were fining him $100/day for the flag. $100 day fine
edit on 29-6-2014 by tide88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I believe the HOA will loose this one....................

"Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 - States that a condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent an association member from displaying the U.S. flag on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.
States that nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with: (1) federal law or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag; or (2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium, cooperative, or residential real estate management association."

Key part......."may not adopt or ENFORCE any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent the association member from displaying the US flag"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join