It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Threatening ‘Third Wounded Knee’ with Eminent Domain Land Grab on Sioux Indian Reservation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What is the point of a constitution when both the government, and the people, both completely fail to uphold it?

The government lets the corporations run rampant, trampling all over your constitutional rights in the process.

Yet, you completely fail to exercise your constitutional DUTY to rid yourselves of them. You have a unique position that most countries through the world do not. So, get your constitutional arms, and wage your constitutional war against your domestic enemies. Take your country back, then maybe the rest of the world will learn from your example and we can finally be rid of the cancer that has destroyed this world.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Wow. It's amazing how the OP's article and the one you provided are COMPLETE opposites.

I wonder if the OP has any other sources for this supposed travesty besides a fringe conspiracy news site.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Even though I am in the UK, I followed the Bundy ranch with interest.
This however is touching an even bigger nerve with me and making me sick to my stomach.
If there was ever a time I would even consider getting a passport it would be to get over there to stand shoulder to shoulder with them.

@ Des and Stormcell, I have a FB....hardly ever go there...but I am prepared to make an exception in this case, as I do have friends on there of like mind..... would either of you mind U2U'ing me with links and instructions that I need to put it up on mine please?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: butcherguy

Another view on the matter

Tribal park

The Native Americans do not need the Feds permission to let buffalo roam on their land. If they give them an inch of authority they will take it a mile.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion
This isnt going to be fought at the reservation, people are going to start going after these guys and their families at home to put a stop to this BS.

What seems like the most logical way to fight a superior enemy; head to head, or in their bedroom at 0300hrs while their asleep?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Tribal park

The Native Americans do not need the Feds permission to let buffalo roam on their land. If they give them an inch of authority they will take it a mile.

But it appears that the tribal park is what the Oglala Sioux tribe WANTS. It is working WITH the government, not FOR the government. The government is helping the tribe at the tribe's request.

I'm not saying that there might not be problems down the road with this. But at this moment in time, it looks like the Native Americans are quite happy with what the Federal government is doing for them.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Angel I'm going to go ahead and post it here, for others of like mind.

Click on this link, then copy the link from the new tab with the article. Go to your FB home pg. Paste the link into your *what's on your mind* space at the top of your FB home pg, hit post. You can also add a message to the post asking your friends to share.

Link to share on FB
21stcenturywire.com...

Let me know if you need further help...

And...good on you for caring and sharing...

Des

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Hanslune

Wow. It's amazing how the OP's article and the one you provided are COMPLETE opposites.

I wonder if the OP has any other sources for this supposed travesty besides a fringe conspiracy news site.

It's part of the "utterly evil government meme"

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thanks Des.....I'll get my son off to his evening job then I'll have a go. I'll let you know how I get on.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Tribal park

Actually they do as it is one government coordinating a transfer of responsibility to another government.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Might want to read This Story before you all go running to scalp them pesky Fed's

There has never been any argument about the basic fact of Indian ownership of the land, or that Indians were badly treated when the gunnery and bombing range was established nearly 70 years ago, said Bob Janiskee, a former University of South Carolina professor who specializes in National Parks .

“The military gave the Indians then in residence -- about 800 of them -- just one week to vacate in 1942,” Janiskee wrote in 2010. “Subsequent decades of U.S. Air Force bombing and gunnery left the targeted areas of tribal land crater-pocked and littered with unexploded ordnance, some of which remains to this day.”

Back in 2010 the National Park service wanted to give back control of the land to the Sioux but the tribal council couldn't come to an agreement as to how that would work.

Yes the protest is going on right now on the site of Wounded knee... today also happens to be the anniversary of the battle at the Little Big Horn --- just a word of warning to the Fed's incase they have any ideas about stopping this winkz

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yes, just like the Spanish in Latin America, The British in India, Japan in Korea, Italy in Ethiopia, and on, and on ad naseum.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This appears to be more of a conflict of the native Americans with their own tribal government.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You may have hit the nail but the nail may not be who you think it is .The big bond sale that went to Bulgaria might have just been the US treasury making the move to keep wall street afloat . In the vid he talks about the possible who's and why's .
In this Guns and Butter episode "http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/103646 "End of the Unipolar World - The Battle for Europe" with Umberto Pascali
Historic $400 billion natural gas contract links Russia and China for thirty years; sunset of the dollar system; Iran, Libya & Iraq challenge the dollar; Wall Street & the City of London control of national governments; which way will Europe go?; history of NATO destabilization & occupation of western Europe; assassinations of European political & business leaders; reconfiguration of the world."

So it may be that they are the ones taking the land as collateral in order to keep the scam going a reply to: kwakakev

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It looks like what's going on is division within the Oglala Sioux tribe, not a problem with the Federal government. The tribal leaders want the park. Some of the tribe members who will get kicked out to make room for the park are mad at the tribal leaders.

Sandra Buffington has spent her life working to carve a home and ranching business out of the sparse grasslands around the South Unit of Badlands National Park.

But she and other Lakota ranchers face the possibility of losing their grazing rights to make way for a huge bison reserve planned by the Oglala Sioux Tribe.

rapidcityjournal.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: oblvion

I am going to post it.

Thank you, this needs to get out.

We(our federal government, not actually you and me, hell I am 1/8th native American, I detest the entire thing from start to finish.) already took all the good land, and "gifted them, land that was basically crap, and now they want to take that also?

Hell to the Effing NO!!!!

This BS has to stop NOW, come on America really? This is what I served to protect?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Is this really a federal land grab?

The South Unit of the Badlands National Park is currently under the joint management of the NPS and OST. The land is owned by the Oglala Sioux Tribe but in 1942, the land WAS GRABBED by the federal government for use as a bombing range. In the 1960's it was given back to OST as a government-held trust with the provision that it would be part of the Badlands National Monument. There was a Memorandum of Agreement that placed the land under the management of the National Park Service.

In 1976 a new agreement was struck between the OST and the NPS to jointly manage the land and Congress redesignated the Badlands National Monument as the Badlands National Park.

Handing management of this land back to the OST has been in works since at least 2010. This whole issue is likely being misrepresented to conflate it with the Bundy Ranch debacle. Notice there is no actual text about the bill "that has already been written" just dubious claims which are tantamount to the author saying, "Trust me, it says this."

I have absolutely no opinion about what the Tribal Council of the OST should do, that's their business. If there are tribal members, ranchers by the sound of it, who don't want a new park under the management of the OST's own parks and recreation authority, that's something they should be working out within the OST.

The land should have never been taken by the government in 1942 to make an f'ing bombing range and the OST should have complete control over it — regardless of what that means, including if they determine through their own system of governance, to snatch up land from ranchers to make their own park. That's THEIR business.

edit on 2014-6-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: oblvion

Oblivion...I just checked my news feed for my rather large FB group. It's already had 18 shares in the past 2 hours.

The only way so much of the crap this administration is doing, is getting through to people, is though social media.

Everyone, please share this info as much as you can.

Today it's someone else in the crossfires, tomorrow it could be you.

Des

First they came for the gun owners, then they came for the religious, then they came for antiabortionists, then they came for the Indians..............when they came for me.......There was nobody left to fight back.

Just saying.

History does repeat itself, this is a fact.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude
Yes, just like the Spanish in Latin America, The British in India, Japan in Korea, Italy in Ethiopia, and on, and on ad naseum.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh? I didn't realize that the Spanish were still stealing land from the natives in Latin America, that the British still occupied India, that Japan was still trying to conquer the mainland, that Italy is doing the same in Ethiopia. I guess I should brush up on my current events.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They had this thing come up called WW2 that caused a lot of land to be seized. Lol, In WW1 my fathers village was taken and added to Ft Sill, he got paid for it in the 60s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join