It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Hey Doodle!
I'm trying to take a screen shot, lol....(never done it before, so BEAR with me, hehe)

I'm starting to think that there is more to this than we thought!

Hopefully next reply will have pics.
jacy

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

The suspense is unBEARable.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

LOL
Hmmm....now I'm mad as a BEAR with a sore paw!
Every link is spelled Berenstein....but....when I switch to 'images', the book pics all show Berenstain.

I definitely smell a conspiracy here!

I'm going to try some different country's search engines, and will put up anything that I can find (that confirms MY spelling, hehe)

jacy

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

BerenstEin bears. What the hell's going on here?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

The black guy on a stage getting shot was Malcolm X... not MLK (he was murdered on a motel 2nd level walkway with a rifle)... but I guess they were both the same color...and outspoken advocates regarding human rights... so... ?

Memory is a tricky thing ... we can only keep memories by re-building them every so often... and sometimes the contractors are high.

Love the thread, though... and I remember it as Berenstein too... but I was a tad too old for kiddie books in the 80-90's and am just wrong.

Also loved the scrambled word post...read it perfectly and am now an even worse speller...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well I found this after much searching...doesn't appear to be photo-shopped to me....?

I'm heading out now, and will be looking for old books. I will report back later with my findings.

Peace out!
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

edit on 20-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: doesn't matter

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That's interesting! If you go to the Mandela effect website linked, it talks about the Tiannemein square footage too, some people remember that he got run over.... I reckon that it's all about social engineering, if they can manipulate our past with simply a children's book change what else can they manipulate that we aren't picking up on!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Nothing unusual here. If you ask most people around the 30 y/o mark about Alex the Kid, they will know what you are talking about. The truth is of course that it is, and always has been called Alex Kidd. Children read something incorrectly, repeat that incorrect name to friends, and it snowballs.

This isn't limited to only names though, MANY common words and saying are like this. For God sakes is actually for God's sake. Asterisk is commonly pronounced asteriX. Athletic, not AthAletic. etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Ha ha -- excellent work. Maybe this alternate universe is REAL -- evidence is growing!

However, consider another possibility, that this is just a common mistake made by editors, proof-readers, and most people at large (like most of the people here.)

According to Mike Berenstain (son of Jan and Stan Berenstain) the family name was "misread and mispronounced by everyone" (Click the OP's link and see the first comment in the Blog.)

BUT -- I am keeping an open mind
This thread is definitely cool -- makes you consider whether reality is at all tangible way. I think it is a pretty good case study of how reality is totally subjective.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I like how there's three crowds in this thread.

The, it's always been -stain, the "you're dumb and were a dumb child", and the "I remember -stein"

Why is it that you guys seem to have such a hard time accepting an alternate spelling? Why is it not possible that anyone that had a NDE when they were young were moved over to this universe because their path of destiny wasn't completed? Surely, parallel universes exist and it's possible to from one to the other.
Einstein was called a nutjob until his theories were proved right.

I'm not calling anyone out in this thread but some of these posts read like textbook disinfo agents.

And if you guys think there aren't disinfo agents who are paid to sit and lurk on these kind of sites all day, you are sorely mistaken.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is batsh.t crazy, I remeber bernstEin bears, quite well, I read all the books as a child.

I asked my exwife, who also clearly remembers bernstEin bears. I told her it is berenstain, and she said " dont you think we would have remembered it being baron stain you tard?"

I will be calling and asking my family back home later on after they are home from work.

The mendella effect site has some very odd things going on, I remember clearly some of them as being as described, not as recorded in history.

This is weird.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: berheal

Huehuehuehue

I don't think I want to find out

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Thank you for your existence, Aloysius. My mind was about to look like a scene from Scanners reading this thread. I should truly hope that people aren't serious on this thread and I am missing some grand joke.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: berheal

The Tiananmen Square effect got me. I remember Tank Boy being run over. I've found some old threads on another forum that are full of folks that also remember that.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Axial Leader
...According to Mike Berenstain (son of Jan and Stan Berenstain) the family name was "misread and mispronounced by everyone" (Click the OP's link and see the first comment in the Blog.)...

You would think that if anyone would have remembered the facts differently if it were really spelled "Berenstein", it would be Mike Berenstain. I mean, don't you think he would have noticed?

Like I said in a previous post, I have a distinct reason for specifically remembering it as being "BerenSTAIN".

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

As have I. I'm not saying that you, I, or anybody else are dumb. I'm saying that we were kids and Berenstein/Berenstain would be a pretty common mistake because it sounds closer to stein than stain in the show. We'd learn that from our parents reading to us, from the show, and from our friends so is it really any wonder how "Berenstein" could've been a mistaken presumption?

No one is infallible. Especially children and even bright children.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
How about this, what approximate range of years would you have been reading the books series? I probably would have been reading them around 1978 myself. I remember Bearnstein. If you began reading them in the 80s, p'haps the timeline was already altered.

edit on 20-6-2014 by raedar because: expanded explanation

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I remember Bearnstein.

I believe we have a disqualification. Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
While we're on the subject, lets talk about Abe Vigota. We were talking about him at work, and we all agreed that he died about 5 years ago. Nope. Still alive.

That's been happening to him for nearly 30 years. Even I have a weird memory of thinking "Wow, he's actually dead this time..."

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join