It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family is dead in America, greed and lust for power have destroyed it..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
To often I find myself being stabbed in the back by my own family, watching people around me get stabbed in the back. People are to busy pursuing their own goals and idea for success they are to busy lusting for power.

We've lost our way in America. No longer do we have a moral compass, we've lost what it means to take care of each other and our community and we have our blinders on full force.

It's happening now and the future is no bright for our children.

While I do have family that borders on the monstrous, I also have some family that I treasure beyond words and, for the most part, they do have my back. I'm sorry that yours is doing what it is. I know it's hard. My two core abusive, money worshiping, back stabbing betrayers are my parents so I definitely hear you on that one but it's nothing new for them, lol... Think I'd prefer being an orphan most days because then I don't get salt poured all over my wounds....

Hang in there.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I know many of you hate Glenn Beck....

But I heard him say something the other day that made sense to me....

"It use to be that people used things, and loved one another, now they use one another and love things."

True words whether you like the guy are not........

The issue is that our moral compass has been smashed to bits.

Right and wrong have become so subjective to people anymore to the public at large that the lines are blurred...

It use to not be that way.......at least not to the extent that it is today.....

We have always had our problems , but who the hell had the "Knock out Game" when they were kids? Its things like this that are just getting worse and worse......

We got into plenty of mischief but we wouldnt INTENTIONALLY go out and hurt people , especially the infirm, old or vulnerable like people today are actively targeting with activities like this......

you cant tell me there hasnt been a serious degradation.......

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Speak for yourself.

Blanket statements are all well and good but ignore the great power of individual choices in regard to those around us.

The best thing you can do is to focus on you and your own actions. If you have children make sure you are a good parent. Be a good person in your day to day. Interact in a way that you wish others interacted.

You'd be surprised how often people will mirror your own behavior. Each person holds great power in terms of shaping the world around them.

Making statements that America this or America that is just generalized nonsense that ignores each individual as separate and having the ability to make good choices.

If you don't like the type of parents you see around, then be a better parent.

If you don't like how people disregard those around them then make sure you never disregard those around you.

Don't like the moral compass of the world? You should first ask yourself what the ultimate moral compass even is. Then, instead of thinking everyone should have that moral compass...have it yourself and stop worrying about whether anyone else does.

You cannot judge the level of other people's goodness, you can only strive toward being better yourself. We only have a window into our own minds and the rest is irrelevant. Blanket statements are pointless and ignore the great good in a great many people. Ignoring the small individual choices people make throughout the day make all the difference in the world around them.

America is not a person.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Someone focusing on theirselves is at minimum highly narcissistic. You contradicted yourself anyways. A good parent is not self absorbed.

Why do people keep promoting extreme individualism? It's obviously pathological passed a certain threshold. I don't focus on myself, and it's a huge redflag to me when I hear someone use those words. Let's me know they're deep into the cultural programming. How about we not focus on ourselves? I think we've already mastered that one.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

You completely missed the purpose of what I wrote.

Unfortunately I do not know what I could add to make you understand the point.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
"It use to be that people used things, and loved one another, now they use one another and love things."

Funny, someone I know was telling me that they used to work with a Chinese exchange student. When he asked him how he liked the US, the guys response was, “In America you have many nice things... In China we have many nice people...”

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

I got the point. You attempted to counter a blanket statement with a blanket statement. Had to call it out as ridiculous, just as you felt compelled to call out his.
edit on 16-6-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I am not sure how responding to each point in a post made is a blanket statement but okay, that is your interpretation.

Have a good one.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Interesting perspective.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: MrNeo

I am guessing your sister has money that makes her money? If not, if you don't mind me asking, what does she do for a living?

As to firing you and hiring some college kids, that is just horrible. I can't imagine any of my family members doing that. Did she at least offer to pay you less and keep you on? Or is $15/hr just not worth it for you?

My sister owns the Northwestern Washington Val Pak franchise.
She does nothing, her husband runs the company now while she does whatever it is she does.

Eh, my sister is nuts.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You are not the only one. I was homeless for two years in a city with my entire family that is well off and owns property and not one of them helped me out. They claimed it was too expensive to help me out. I could get "government help" if I really wanted to. There was nothing wrong with the economy and jobs were plentiful. Well, their chickens are coming to roost.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: the_philth
Don't blame it on today's feminists. The fact that the working wage does not support a misogynist family constraint of the husband taking care of the family on his salary alone debunks that. We can blame the exploitation of sexuality (on both homo and hetero sexuality).

And bra burning feminists only representing rich white housewives that didn't have to work; did not represent the minority.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

If I were you I wouldn't talk to her ever again. She is going to get the shock of a lifetime when the economy crashes.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Spot on. Check out the PBS Documentary The Century of Self. Edward Bernays plan launched at the University of Chicago worked too well.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Hence why the government is supporting pushing the rural community back into the cities and eroding property ownership or better known as Agenda 21.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Maybe if you live in the big cities but I see the opposite in the country.
I think where you are raised makes a big difference on families and not so much the money.

Money is not evil,people are.

I am going to disagree 110% Location is irrelevant. I grew up in a town of 600 people. I lived in 4th least populated county in California with a current population of 13,448. It has grown in the last 35 years. You want to talk about a bunch of cut throat families, including my own, all in a place that makes the southern redneck baptist church goer, look more liberal than someone from San Fransisco. (Ever heard of the state of Jefferson?)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Not every family. Mine is still very strong, and when I say that, I am talking about my extended family.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927

Well I like your argument but don't forget facial factors stemming from the baby boom generation; black kids were told early on their job was to go to school, be domestics for their mother, and grow up get a good job and buy their mother a house and car and take care of her the rest of her life. White kids were told early on their job was to go to school, don't worry about their mother she already has a house, grow up and get a good job and their parents would make sure they would support them as much as possible. When I was growing up all the white kids had cars by 16; all the black kids were on the bus because it was not even a notion.

As far as discussion, I think the lack of interest has to come from the fact they grew up in a different world and what little strife that was encountered was quickly resolved by the 1970s. Opportunities were just more bountiful and plentiful and you chose to be a radical if that was your thing, but my point is they were coddled and taken care of as apart of that post WW2 generation. Their conditioning is we bitched we moaned we got civil rights resolved, women's rights resolved, gay rights resolved all by 1976! Everything after that they tuned out because they were up in age to the tune of 40+.

Feminism isn't so much as female dominance, its the media spin on what should be "equality" to women. It's like every generation and racial orientation is fed a message. Look at the effect of Scandal on black women LOVING that show and that is the WORST representation you can give of a black woman. Defies everything that civil/black/women's rights was supposed to be fighting for.

You are right though, our parents are OVERLY concerned with money almost to a hoarder's mentality. My mother has a lot of savings, I mean enough to kick back with the best of them and she still is going to work until she's 80 full time even though at 66 she can comfortably draw several pensions and be okay. But her thing is shopping and having 4 walk in closets of all the top designer outfits and shoes, a BMW 760i that costs 300 bucks to fill up with diesel being 5-6 bucks a gallon where she lives, and the whole bit. My father wanted to revert to being a hippie and she divorced him quick as a flash. She works in the private sector so nuff said.

I think that women are refusing to be at home because we just haven't gotten over sins of the past. I find that women don't want to be at home because they feel that even if they are not working their men will come home and wreck the house, be sloppy, and expect them to be maids versus a counterpart.

As far as you working yourself into labor look at the policies about that these days. You give birth and you could be out day of, if the baby came early enough. When I was born they kept my mom at the hospital 2 weeks to ensure nothing was wrong with either of us, and she had complications. Today a complication is at max a 2 day stay.

I'm over the concept of family. Let them stay here and have their cake. The entire jenga is falling, too many bricks to keep it balanced. Maybe when it reboots it will be different but only if we learn from the sins of the past. Other than that we will be repeating it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Women at this point should be available for combat. Guerilla forces the world over have been using women in wars since the late 1960s. Women should not be discriminated against on the basis of gender. Please don't throw the rape argument at me. My father went to Vietnam and he told stories of men being raped by VietCong forces. Since the Iraqi war there have been massive stories about men being victims of rape in combat.

However, women demanding it are not different than black American men demanding it in WW2. They want to go and prove they can be the best, and then once they get a key victory the next war they are used as cannon fodder.

America was disassembled by Edward Bernays. Please watch Century of Self.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Not that different, except having an innate inferior physical strength, especially upper body strength... what could possibly go wrong

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join