It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of the Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The guy was a EFFING deserter.

Left base on his own accord.

Left his weapons.

Shipped his stuff back home.

And went to be 'one' with the jihadi's.

What the EFF is wrong with people who are defending that guy?

I love the political trolling here trying to turn it in to a right/left thing.

Of course politics is the only GD reason he was released.

Hmmm

(Jake Tapper @CNN) — The sense of pride expressed by officials of the Obama administration at the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is not shared by many of those who served with him — veterans and soldiers who call him a deserter whose “selfish act” ended up costing the lives of better men.

“I was snipped off then and I am even more so now with everything going on,” said former Sergeant Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl’s platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. “Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him.”

theconservativetreehouse.com...
edit on 3-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Egads!

ETA some people might not like that link:

So here is the source:

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero

It does occur to me that is is the OBama's very own little 'Jessica Lynch' charade.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What kills me about these blind followers is that they think this administration did nothing wrong even though they negotiated with terrorists.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

How do you know that he was a pow and not a deserter?

He's a POW. No matter how much you detest him, he is still an American POW held by the Taliban in a country we invaded.

Maybe what you want is some sort of scale, 1 - 10, on how well a POW is liked, to determine whether we rescue or try to free them, eh?

There is no way to know if he "deserted." That is pure speculation. The intercepted communications sent by the Taliban and released by Wikileaks claim they raided the base in an attack and captured one soldier, unarmed, in a latrine.

A transcript of radio intercepts, publicly released through Wikileaks, indicates that Bergdahl, then 23, was captured while sitting in a makeshift latrine.

Source

Until he is debriefed we'll never know.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

He's a POW. No matter how much you detest him, he is still an American POW held by the Taliban in a country we invaded.

What is the 'we' snip ?

WE didn't invade anyone.

The US military did.

The 'we' as in 300+ million Americans were too busy watching American Idol, Jersey Shore, or crying about Bush on ATS at the time.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Remind me again how, after blocking increased funding bills for the VA and now this, will people continue to think that Republicans support the troops? I guess they "support" the troops just fine.........depending on who the POTUS is? "

Blocking eh ?

The President’s 2015 Budget includes $163.9 billion for VA in 2015. This includes $68.3 billion in discretionary resources and $95.6 billion in mandatory funding. Our discretionary budget request represents an increase of $2.0 billion, or 3.0 percent, over the 2014 enacted level.

www.va.gov...

Several media outlets are reporting that the GOP Budget cuts funding for veterans. These same outlets charge that the GOP budget doesn’t even mention the word “veterans.” Both charges are wrong.

FACT: The GOP Budget Keeps Discretionary Spending for Veterans Exactly the Same as Proposed By President Obama: $61.342 Billion. Using CBO numbers (which, by law, every Congressional budget resolution must use), the GOP budget assumes discretionary spending (i.e., VA medical care, construction, claims processing and national cemetery administration, etc.) on veterans in FY 2013 at exactly the amount requested in the President’s Budget. In both budgets, this translates to a 4.3% increase above the FY 2012 funding level for VA, as recommended in the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs’ bipartisan Views and Estimates letter.

veterans.house.gov...

Remind us again who was the guy who said 'he's got a pen, and a phone' and blessed us with his rhetoric about being the year of 'action' ?

But then again the VA problems have been going on for over 6 years.

Who cares blame the right!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What is the 'we' snip ?

WE didn't invade anyone.

The US military did.

The 'we' as in 300+ million Americans were too busy watching American Idol, Jersey Shore, or crying about Bush on ATS at the time.

We, as in "We the United States of America", invaded Afghanistan under the pretense they had something to do with 9/11.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Lol, caught with his pants down excuse.

You know it I know it he walked away willingly.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

We, as in "We the United States of America", invaded Afghanistan under the pretense they had something to do with 9/11.

Well it did take a few thousand troops, and some 'shock and awe' to drive BIn Laden so Obama could invade Pakistan to 'kill' Bin Laden.

Never invaded Afghanistan OBama couldn't have taken credit for killing BL.

Doh!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, right?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, right?

Why should Bergahl be any different than christians,right wingers, business owners,corporations, and gun owners, and the evil rich.

Judged, and executed in a court of public opinion.

IT is the entire GD foundation of American politics.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Lol I was under the impression, you were one of the Taliban and some such. no offense though , only got the impression from your av
a reply to: buster2010

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
In the UK we are going through what is called the Trojan Horse attack where schools around the UK have had a radical Muslim agenda implemented for at least 6yrs, girls and boys separated in classes, radical Islam praised, terrorists praised and children being radicalised.

We have that and you in the US have Obama, your own trojan horse, a man cuddling up and surrounding himself with Radical Islam and now helping release their top dogs by bypassing the legal channels.

Like our Tony Blair and your Bush, you have another traitor in the form of Obama.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
a reply to: nenothtu

But you said that we'd be in Afghanistan until they stop fighting us.

No, I said that it wasn't our problem if they didn't want the war to end, and that would be the problm of the POWs who wanted t to end so they could go home. It's pretty clear that Obama wants to run like hell from Afghanistan so that his new found pals can get back to business as usual.

They're not going to stop fighting us whether we're in Afghanistan or not. The Taliban are but one facet of wahabbism. Obama has learned that - he's supporting them wherever he can find them - you can learn it, too.

You do realize that WE invaded Afghanistan, right?

Of course i realize that! Why do you say it like it was a BAD thing?

All under the pretense of finding Bin Laden who had already escaped to Pakistan?

Pretense? No, we were really looking for him! When the Taliban decided to protect him, well, you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Make an enemy of yourself by allying with an enemy, don't expect to skate.

And he's dead, or so they say. So why are we still in Afghanistan.

Well, there's still that Taliban problem, and Obama hasn't been able to clear the filed for them fast enough. Don't worry - he's supposed to have it cleared by the end of this year, and they can be back in the business of killing off Afghans my next summer. Just be patient - the Taliban is! They can wait a little longer to get back into business, because they already know it's coming, and when.

I've got news for you. People don't stop fighting us until we get the hell out of their country.

You don't know a heck of a lot about Afghanistan and Afghans - they don't stop fighting even then! Your fundamental error here is to think that Afghanistan is the Taliban's country. It won't be until they take it again.

Do you know the origin of the Taliban? The word comes from "talib", "a student", and they came out of Pakistani madrasas. They are a creation if the Pakistani ISI, a means of extending Pak political influence and control of the ISI into Afghanistan. They are foreigners. That's why native Afghans were stuffing money into the mouths of the corpses on the way to Kabul when they retook their country - it's an Afghan custom, "the final payoff for the foreigners".

It's not right to keep people in Cuba without trial. You know it and I know it.

I know no such thing. It's legal under international law as I've already established, and they aren't ours to try.

If they are criminals then give them a trial and put them in a prison. You talked a lot about jurisdiction but you do realize that we've tried and convicted all sorts of other terrorists, right? Why are these ones special?

Because the ones that were tried ran afoul of United States law, not international law. Learn the difference, and the concept of "jurisdiction".

Foreigners can't break US law in foreign lands. No jurisdiction - US law does not extend everywhere, it only covers the US. That would be like breaking a Pennsylvania law, but breaking it in Oregon. PA has no jurisdiction in Oregon, so PA laws cannot be broken in Oregon.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
My mother still speaks good dutch and german 60 years after coming to this country and this guy has forgotten english in five? his parents haven't talked to him yet?....there is a very bad smell coming out of this

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
In the UK we are going through what is called the Trojan Horse attack where schools around the UK have had a radical Muslim agenda implemented for at least 6yrs, girls and boys separated in classes, radical Islam praised, terrorists praised and children being radicalised.

We have that and you in the US have Obama, your own trojan horse, a man cuddling up and surrounding himself with Radical Islam and now helping release their top dogs by bypassing the legal channels.

Like our Tony Blair and your Bush, you have another traitor in the form of Obama.

I see that the... interesting theories have arrived. Oh dear me...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
What happened to that "we will not negotiate with terrorists" thing?

We've been negotiating with terrorists for a long time. We armed Al Qaeda, we armed Saddam, we armed Lybia and Syria. We negotiate with terrorists all the time, and we've done it for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I'll spell it out for you.

He is a D E S E R T E R

He H A T E S this country so much he J O I N E D the T A L I B A N.

edit on 3-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ausername
What happened to that "we will not negotiate with terrorists" thing?

We've been negotiating with terrorists for a long time. We armed Al Qaeda, we armed Saddam, we armed Lybia and Syria. We negotiate with terrorists all the time, and we've done it for a very long time.

Further reason to impeach... this administration is giving aid and comfort to our enemies for quite a while.

IMPEACH Obama!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

He wasn't 'held' by anyone. He shipped his stuff back home .. wrote a letter saying he was 'out' ... and he walked into the open arms of the Taliban. That's not 'being held'. He wasn't a POW. Common sense ...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Prisoner has a whole new meaning these days to the brainwashed masses, it looks a lot like being a guest of a gracious host without any force or coercion involved!

Hey, FF... I'm coming to your house for dinner... then I'm gonna tell people your holding me prisoner! hahahaha

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join