It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaquille O'Neal Caught making fun of handicapped guy via Instagram

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Moral equivocation at its very best...

Only on ATS...

Do not worry about helping anybody...please...you cannot help yourself...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
Ha, ha!!! You are trolling and trying to pull a good one out of your you know what!

Look, Shaq ain't no angel just like you and I are no angels either. You still can't compare him to the monster Sterling. Sorry.

And oh, btw, the dude who sued Shaq for "beating him up" lied. It was a routine Shaq gag that apparently went wrong. The accuser was looking for a payday (not surprising).

Stalking his wife? Who blames him. This is the same wife who cheated on him and spent his hard earned money on some male jumpoff...lol. You need to do your research before throwing out things, dude.

edit on 30-4-2014 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Shaq made fun of one individual that he didn't even know.

Even better, some guy he doesn't know so it's OK.

Making fun of the handicapped. Wait til someone digs up him claiming how here cares and helps the handicapped.
edit on 4/30/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If Shaq did this then he is tall in physical stature but small in his heart and mind

Jahmel towers over Shaq where it counts.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Why would you use the word "if?"

He did it....he admits it...

Lifetime ban in order...the precedent is set and should apply equally...

For those who claim Sterling's punishment was taking into account his past, I suggest you review Commissioner Silver's statement when issuing the ban...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
eh so what if shaq made a stupid face? he's been making stupid faces for years, i don't see shaq saying "ha ha look at that disabled guys ugly face" or something.

shaq is just a stupid looking fool who makes stupid looking faces, so what?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've tried on Shaq's shoes before. He is a very large man.

Perhaps when someone is so famous AND huge, they feel invincible and think they can say/act however they want?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I searched the NBA constitution to see what it mentioned regarding discrimination and was surprised the following terms are completely absent.

Discrimination
Race
Racial
Racist
Racism
Sex
Sexism
Sexist
Religion
Ethnicity

mediacentral.nba.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Closest I could find in the link...

Owner seen as detrimental to the team? IE: upsetting the players and/or fans.

Crude remarks about the disadvantaged - pass unless enough people dislike NBA due to it?

Any person who gives, makes, issues, authorizes or endorses any statement having, or designed to have,
an effect prejudicial or detrimental to the best interests of basketball or of the Association or of a Member or its Team, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding $1,000,000 to be imposed by the Commissioner.

edit:

In other words, do not mess with the money flowing in.
edit on 4/30/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Closest I could find in the link...

Owner seen as detrimental to the team? IE: upsetting the players and/or fans.

Crude remarks about the disadvantaged - pass unless enough people dislike NBA due to it?

Any person who gives, makes, issues, authorizes or endorses any statement having, or designed to have,
an effect prejudicial or detrimental to the best interests of basketball or of the Association or of a Member or its Team, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding $1,000,000 to be imposed by the Commissioner.

edit:

In other words, do not mess with the money flowing in.

It could be argued that this whole episode has been unintentionally beneficial to the NBA if anything. Tons of publicity and the public is overwhelmingly rallying for the players. I would not be surprised if viewership is up.

I am shocked that an organization that purports to have a zero tolerance for discrimination has not bothered to codify it into its constitution.

I am not a supporter of Sterling but I think Silver might have acted hastily and arbitrarily. The punishment does not fit the crime if Silver proceeds to force a sale. I have no doubt that Sterling who is a lawyer and has the resources to hire a legal dream team will fight this tooth and nail. He may be able to weasel his way out of any punishment.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

I suppose you wouldn't want us comparing him to the CEO of Mozzila either, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What a pig. Shaq and that rapper have everything and this poor guy's suffered all his life for how he looks and they just randomly bully him on the internet? Nothing like getting thousands of people to laugh at you because some celeb pricks thought it would be funny. This is heartbreaking.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Capitalsource

It appears that Shaq has apologized to him.

ABC story
Shaq's Twitter

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tenacious8

I don't think a pressured apology means anything. Adding to the suffering of someone who's suffered their whole life when you have so much? It's sociopathic.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tenacious8
a reply to: Capitalsource

It appears that Shaq has apologized to him.

ABC story
Shaq's Twitter

But zero tolerance means no exception even if you apologize.

Zero tolerance for weapons in school means a female honor student with no history of violence,who forgot she had a small folding pocket knife in her purse on the day the Gestapo searched all lockers gets suspended regardless if she apologizes.

Zero tolerance for shouting "bomb" on an airline will land you in jail and charged with terrorism regardless of whether you apologize and say you had too much to drink.

Zero tolerance for joking about harming the POTUSA will always get you arrested, etc...
edit on 30-4-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome
If Shaq is really remorseful he will get behind this man's campaign and be man enough to publicly admit to being the reason the campaign exists.

Some people get so full of themselves that they believe anything they do is acceptable.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I really wish people would stop trying to 'get even' over the whole Sterling debacle.

The two incident's aren't even remotely comparable.

Donald Sterling described black people as "the enemy" and he didn't want them at his games.

Shaq, whilst being an idiot and trying to keep his Instagram followers entertained, took a selfie comparing it to what looks on the surface, just another person pulling a stupid face. Unfortunately, the young man he mocked had a disability. Shaq has apologized for his ignorance and will no doubt support the young mans cause.

We will never get rid of racism if people constantly try to justify it by comparing it to other unrelated incidents.

If Shaq had said he finds all disabled people funny, or he hated white people then we might be on to something, but he didn't. So, Stop it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just goes to show, large body mass isn't directly related to moral fortitude. What a lack of foresight, of course this was going to blow up in his face.

Well, as far as publicity goes, I guess for him it's either this or Gold Bond commercials.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Justwatchingyou
So ... Shaquille O'Neal gets caught being a hypocrite ... caught slamming on a disabled person ... and somehow that changes to ATSers being horrid racists for pointing it out? Yeah ... okay.

Nothing will come of this. He'll get off without even a slap from the networks.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just stop people just stop. We're talking about a grown man making fun of another grown man. Yes it's in bad taste but c'mon people. To say he is disgusting, unintelligent human being is not accurate. His decision making might be a little wrong but bad decisions does not make a someone a terrible person. I've made many terrible decision growing up and I have learned from many of those. In fact i wouldn't be who I am today without those. So I'm actually kind of glad those happened. Everyone still makes mistakes and Shaq owned up to his mistake & apologized. It's not our job to judge whether or not he meant it.

We've all been to Walmart...we've all seen the people at Walmart. While I try hard not to judge people I sometimes in my mind just plain and simply judge people because they stink, wear disgusting clothes or plain and simply are down right rude ignorant people. Am I wrong for judging...yes but it natural instinct.

Long rant but my point is lets not make this any bigger than what it truly is.

Also to those who state Shaq is an uneducated goon that is far from the truth.

Education
O'Neal left LSU for the NBA after three years. However, he promised his mother he would eventually return to his studies and complete his bachelor's degree. He fulfilled that promise in 2000, earning his bachelor of arts in general studies.[140] Coach Phil Jackson let O'Neal miss a home game so he could attend graduation. At the ceremony, he told the crowd "now I can go and get a real job". Subsequently, O'Neal earned an MBA online through the University of Phoenix in 2005. In reference to his completion of his MBA degree, he stated: "It's just something to have on my resume for when I go back into reality. Someday I might have to put down a basketball and have a regular 9-to-5 like everybody else."[141]

Toward the end of his playing career, he began work on an Ed.D. in Human Resource Development at Barry University.[142][143] His doctoral capstone[144][145] topic was "The Duality of Humor and Aggression in Leadership Styles".[142][146] O'Neal received his degree in 2012.[147] O'Neal told a reporter for ABC News that he plans to further his education still by attending law school.[148]

O'Neal has also studied directing and cinematography with the New York Film Academy's Filmmaking Conservatory.
en.wikipedia.org...'Neal#College_career

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join