It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Glass goes on sale to everyone / Should You Buy Google Glass?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If you think "mobs of youth" are a problem now, just wait until people all over are wearing these.
Firepiston

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well if people do get attacked for wearing these at least it will be easy to identify and prosecute them. The assault should be stored on a cloud somewhere.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse
Google glass-the next step in NSA global surveillance,and like all tech its made to look "cool."
All the kids will have it within a year,the herd mentality is tough to beat when you are a teen-and all will dutifully go about collecting data for global intelligence agencies without even knowing.
What a mindless futile excuse for an intelligent species we have become.

Bring on the solar flares...

On the subject of surveillance Google now has drones. Google is buying drone-maker Titan Aerospace. And few months ago Facebook took over some company in the U.K. that makes drones. Titan Aerospace drones use solar power , they can stay in the air for 3 years.

edit on 151520142014Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:18:06 -050006 by jdoors because: (no reason given)

edit on 151520142014Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:23:48 -050048 by jdoors because: more info

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I personally think it is cool technology, although just not cool enough for my wallet yet.

Maybe in a few years when they are cheaper and there are more companies doing it, then I might buy something like Google Glasses, but I am waiting for it to get a bit better and cheaper, and more into the augmented reality phase.

I want complete terminator movie capabilities. Meaning scans of my environment, heart beats, and night vision.
It is just not cool enough yet as it is.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jdoors

Not only drones-a while back they bought Boston Dynamic-the company that makes war robots...
Do we see a pattern here?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
if someone said ten years ago that you could buy a 256gb pen drive and still have change from $100 you would have locked them up.

Now just think what these glasses will be doing in ten years time ?

Built in zoom or the ability to wifi to any government owned CCTV in the street to look around corners and then zoom into the shop window across the street via the relay.

if we keep on down this route then they will outlaw writing by saying only terrorists need to write notes on paper, every thing must use an electronic device and be send down a wire.

Machines might not be taking over but men who control these machine sure are doing and the day will come where every employee (if your not a politician or banker) will be forced to wear these glasses, all for elf 'n' safety reasons or to prove you are not a terrorists like 1/3 of the Ukrainian public that have all been categorized as terrorists because they won't vote the way they are being told.

This is animal farm in 3D

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join