It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Glass goes on sale to everyone / Should You Buy Google Glass?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The future is here. That future is overpriced and if you wear it in San Francisco people might beat you up for wearing it.
Google Glass goes on sale to everyone / Should You Buy Google Glass?

Google Glass goes on sale to everyone in U.S.A on Tuesday. For sale only to people in America. Should you buy Google Glass? I know that they are some Google Glass evangelists . They say that Google Glass is the best think ever and life changing. But I have to disagree with these people. I do not think people should buy Google Glass at this time. The cost is too high and it has very limited functions. You can do much more with a cell phone. I believe in the potential of Google Glass. It could someday be an amazing device. But it's not there yet.

Google Glass goes on sale on Tuesday April 15 at 6 A.M PST , 9 A.M EDT . One day only sale , very limited amount. Google Glass will be sold only to people in U.S.A. . Price 1,500 dollars. For that price I believe you can get prescription or none prescription Google Glass.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have zero interest in Google Glass. :/

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jdoors

if you wear it in San Francisco people might beat you up for wearing it.

If they wear one around here they may get pounded as well. Some folks have no concern for the privacy of others or their feeling in that matter of being a target to pedestrian surveillance.

I hate those bloody things. Better take out that insurance policy along with the purchase of each pair.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
At $1500 a piece, hell no. If I were interested, which I'm not, I would at least wait a few years until the price dramatically drops and the bugs are worked out.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Give it a few years and checkout staff working tills will be wearing these things so if they cannot scan an item then someone upstairs can see what they have in their hands and can call down a price.

Then it will be you can only work for as a plumber for my company if you wear these glasses all day, it's for you own safety in case you hurt yourself, insurance company makes us do it, it's health and safety you know.

No glasses, no job and a wet dream to our NWO friends at Google

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
As if we weren't online long enough already through our smartphones and computers, completely obliterating our awareness and enjoyment of real-life environment. And as if privacy wasnt already completely eroded. I hope this completely fails, though my guess is that people will embrace their own enslavement with great enthusiasm.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
two words

eye cancer

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jdoors

20 years from now if the world still exists there will be a class action law suit against Google for creating severe eye problems from the usage of their Google Glass...people will get severe headaches, have major eye problems (cancer or cataracts or vision loss)...it might not even take that long, but I will tell you without a doubt, if you don't already have eye problems you will and if you do they will only get worse.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
These things are big brother's wet dream. You know they will be tapping into these cameras.... A lot more convenient than a cell phone, a cell phone could be in your pocket or purse. These things, camera data is always usable.
edit on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 04:32:18 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So for the sake of argument lets say the views on this thread are 50/50 about Google glasses but if you do a Google search for these "Google Glasses" on Google then you will be hard pressed to see any negative comments at all.

This is what I have been warning people about and you should not think that Google represents anything like what people are saying and anyone looking at me wearing these glasses will be shocked when i pull my phone out and start recording them back to see how they like it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I like them but I don't like the price. If they come down in the 3 or 4 hundred range I will check out a pair. I am not worried about big brother spying on me as my life isn't that interesting. I just see them as a tool like any hardware. If life does get interesting then I don't have to wear them.

I would like to see these become standard issue for police departments just like some departments wear cameras now except we could actually see from their perspective. Anyway this is just 1st gen stuff in 5 or 6 years they will be so common no one will give them a second thought. That's probably when I will pick up a used pair on eBay. Hell I still use throw away pay as you go cell phones. I honestly don't give a crap for hand held mini computers it was only in the last year that I broke down and bought a 1st gen iPad. It is usefull but still just a tool.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
So basically it is a $1500 video camera? I know we all have such interesting and exciting lives that we must record every second.

Now we need a pocket size EMP device to block all of these devices. Not necessarily for our own protection but to mess with the person wearing them.

Just think, every time they look at you their glasses quit working. I think they would be left wondering who or what you were for years.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

TKDRL
These things are big brother's wet dream. You know they will be tapping into these cameras.... A lot more convenient than a cell phone, a cell phone could be in your pocket or purse. These things, camera data is always usable.

Wanna bet google piggy-backs their own video app on these glasses? What more could an intrusive corporate "government" want than a micro-google-street-view? They could map the interiors of houses, business and the individuals in those places.

An Orwellian wet dream.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Grimpachi
I like them but I don't like the price. If they come down in the 3 or 4 hundred range I will check out a pair.

GlassUp might be a cheaper and better alternative to Google Glass. GlassUp "projects the information close to the center of vision (like looking through a windshield), which causes less strain on the wearer’s eye," the company says. As a person that wears glasses I think that GlassUp might be better than Google Glass. Even if the price was the same. I would buy GlassUp before I would buy Google Glass.

www.glassup.net...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
$1500 to become a Glasshole is too steep for me, give it a few years until the price comes down and there's more competition and I'll jump on board.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Google glass-the next step in NSA global surveillance,and like all tech its made to look "cool."
All the kids will have it within a year,the herd mentality is tough to beat when you are a teen-and all will dutifully go about collecting data for global intelligence agencies without even knowing.
What a mindless futile excuse for an intelligent species we have become.

Bring on the solar flares...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
In my opinion, Google Glass is over-priced and terrible compared to what it could have been. If you have ever seen the anime "Dennou Coil", you'd know how Google Glass is a pale imitation of what Augmented Reality could be.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is all google glass is good for.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join