It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Amazing: this guy holds up a blank piece of poster paper at anti-invasion protest, immediately detained pic.twitter.com/jKbLKwKUEy

la2

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Thanks, just getting it straight in my head

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I believe your title is misleading as Russia has never declared war on the Ukraine but the exact opposite, it is the Ukraine stating the Russian troops on the ground are tantamount to Russia declaring war.

I am not present as yourself and welcome your updates in regards to this situation, however I do get the impression that the Crimean area never belonged to the Ukraine's and that they really do not want it as it is largely a Russian population who is unhappy with the direction of the current leadership's direction.

I do foresee some problems, mostly saber rattling from the entire world but eventually some compromise will be worked out and the Russian troops will return to Russia and life goes on...but only time will tell

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Troop around base
listen the priest in the video ! pretty what i think

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Speaking of Merkle,

You know this business with the German Chancellor and Klitchko Smells funny. I found an article from 2012 that raised a few flags with me considering the current state of affairs in Ukraine. While it's understandable that Merkle has concerns about what's going on in Ukraine, she sure was postured some time back to support Klitchko:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel shakes hands with Ukrainian box champion and member of Ukrainian Parliament Vitali Klitschko during a congress of Germany's ruling conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party on December 4, 2012 in Hanover, central Germany. German Chancellor Angela Merkel was re-elected head of her conservative Christian Democrats (CDU) by more than 97 percent of delegates' votes at a two-day party congress. It was Merkel's best result since she took over as chairman of the CDU in 2000 and comes as she gears up for fighting for a third term at the helm of Europe's top economy in elections expected in September 2013. AFP PHOTO / JOHN MACDOUGALL © AFP

There are other links on the news sites page Link

I could be reading too much into this and will keep most of my opinions to myself. I don't live in Europe and have no idea what's up with their politics. However, I just found that link between those two odd.

ETA
This European Union deal "was" a big deal for Merkle if the Ukraine had joined...am I understanding that part right?
edit on 3/2/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is all about Putin wanting to bring Russia back to its former greatness, I really think it is that simple.

America was the one thing that was in his way and now we have an empty suit for a president.

Putin has 2.5 years to get er done while Obama is out campaigning and playing golf, he runs his mouth but nothing comes out. No doubt Putin finds Obama amusing at best and worth a good laugh.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin said that northern neighbor Ukraine does not call into question its sovereignty.
"We are in no way calls into question the sovereignty of Ukraine," - he said in the program "Sunday evening with Vladimir Solovyev" on TV channel "Russia 1".

24tv.ua...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Russia exports much more to the EU that it imports. In a tiff over economics, Russia will be the loser. The EU has strength in depth, while the Russian economy is pretty much one-track i.e. oil and gas. The EU constitutes half of Russian exports.

The danger is that Putin will make a series of miscalculations and end up in a place where he cannot back-track without losing credibility. That's what happens when you have a autocrat in charge. Best decision would be for Russian troops to withdraw, having made a point.

Regards

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just picked this up from a blog in Russian.Iv got no idea if this is right or just a
bit of pro Russia propaganda so don't read it as a fact just yet.

According to our Ukrainian friends, this night in Borispol Juliani and charter flights began arriving strong young men in ordinary civilian clothes - but each with several bulky bags field. In the U.S. Army which usually carry sets of equipment.

Strange way all these people are employed by private military company "Greystone Limited" - daughter of the famous "Xe Services LLC" - former "Blackwater USA".

Just arrived already up to 300 people. Objectives of these strong - and well-trained guys - can be very different from the protection of the new government of hundreds of self-defense "Evromaydana" sweeps reluctant to cities in the East and South-East of Ukraine. The only question is how many of them eventually rally in Kiev - and who pays for this spectacular ballet is not cheap

Certainly not the upstart "Ukrainian government, I guess.

Google translate
Тень лапы над Украиной.(orig page)
edit on 2/3/2014 by skuly because: adding russan link

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Dolby_X

Troop around base
listen the priest in the video ! pretty what i think

I am so tired of getting these errors from youtube... can someone please give us in the US a play by play?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Battleline
This is all about Putin wanting to bring Russia back to its former greatness, I really think it is that simple.

It's really just a covert putsch by Western corporate interests to ensure their global financial domination and to posture banks, currency and International Monetary Fund loans.

Round and round we go.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Volund

lol do like all the outside of the usa do to watch show use a proxy !
try this link europroxy.eu...

working for you ?
edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Volund
I am so tired of getting these errors from youtube... can someone please give us in the US a play by play?

Tried hola.org?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I know I said I would keep my opinions to myself however, after reading this stated by Merkle back in December,

The door to the European Union for Ukraine remains open after Ukraine and Russia agreed to expand cooperation, German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said. "The offer remains on the table," Merkel told the Bundestag on Wednesday. At the same time, she said that a condition of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement is that Germany expects from any other country - "reasonable guarantees of the right to demonstrations and respect for fundamental democratic principles," the Deutsche Welle radio station reported. Merkel expressed regret that Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych had refused to sign the Association Agreement with the EU. She again urged the end of an "either-or" situation, saying it could not be the case that "a country that lies between Russia and the European Union" has to make decisions that are "always understood [to be] either for the one, or for the other."

It seems to me that since she didn't get what she wanted, the flames were fueled with more gasoline. IMO, that's just what she did by making those statements. Kind of seems like instigating to me. Next thing you know, the President of Ukraine, is basically thrown out! Like I stated earlier, I'm not claiming to know a dam thing about Europe's politics and such...but certain past occurrences, such as this one are beginning to stand out to me.

Then you have Klitschko on CNN this morning with Fareed Zakaria, basically admitting that he wants the US, NATO and the whole dam gang to step in and help.

Meanwhile, my eyes are open and I'll just wait and see what happens in the next 48 hours without passing any judgement for either side.

Link

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Dolby_X
reply to post by Volund

lol do like all the outside of the usa do to watch show use a proxy !
try this link europroxy.eu...

working for you ?
edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

Thank you !!!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
By the way, for anyone interested, I'm not sure if this site is spreading propaganda one way or the other, but I find it interesting

Kyiv Post

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

skuly
Just picked this up from a blog in Russian.Iv got no idea if this is right or just a
bit of pro Russia propaganda so don't read it as a fact just yet.

According to our Ukrainian friends, this night in Borispol Juliani and charter flights began arriving strong young men in ordinary civilian clothes - but each with several bulky bags field. In the U.S. Army which usually carry sets of equipment.

Strange way all these people are employed by private military company "Greystone Limited" - daughter of the famous "Xe Services LLC" - former "Blackwater USA".

Just arrived already up to 300 people. Objectives of these strong - and well-trained guys - can be very different from the protection of the new government of hundreds of self-defense "Evromaydana" sweeps reluctant to cities in the East and South-East of Ukraine. The only question is how many of them eventually rally in Kiev - and who pays for this spectacular ballet is not cheap

Certainly not the upstart "Ukrainian government, I guess.

Google translate
Тень лапы над Украиной.(orig page)
edit on 2/3/2014 by skuly because: adding russan link

if this is true, it is about to go down...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

BERLIN (AP) — The German government says Russian President Vladimir Putin accepted a proposal by Chancellor Angela Merkel for a fact-finding mission and a "contact group" on Ukraine that could be led by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe.

Government spokesman Georg Streiter said the proposal came in a telephone conversation Sunday in which Merkel accused Putin of breaking international law with the "unacceptable Russian intervention in Crimea."

The "contact group," which Merkel's foreign minister floated earlier Sunday, would be aimed at getting dialogue going between Russia and Ukraine.

Link to article

Of course you accept. It gives the russians time to set the stage
edit on 2-3-2014 by Hithe Merinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

edit on 3/2/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join