It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIDEN Admin Tells ISRAEL - Do Not Bomb Southern Gaza to Get Hamas Terrorists...Or Else.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Friday, December 1, 2023

Israel is supposed to be a FRIEND and ALLY of the United States. Why would President Biden order his Secretary of State to tell Israel...

The country lacks “credit” to conduct the kind of military campaign necessary to defeat Hamas, saying that the Biden administration would not tolerate large-scale bombing over months in southern Gaza.
Full Statement here: www.breitbart.com...

Does Israel need the United States' support so desperately, the country will do what we demand, even if its not how they wish to operate?

-WeMustCare

The resumption of bombing Gaza is a tragedy.
The human element has left israel, as will all the support they used to have.

I see Netanyau in the same light as Hitler and Putin.
On what version of this does he think this will end well for Israel.

Especially now that there is a report that Israel was told more than once a year ago that Hamas was planning
exactly this type of terror act.

Netanyau dismissed it as unrealistic.
I havent got a link but its at least on NYT

Like Putin Netanyau Needs this war to survive.

Shame on US for backing him

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Hamas has used the exchange of prisoners for hostages as some sort of victory or vindication for their actions on October 7th.
They aren't bothered about how many people died to achieve that exchange.

I've read reports that Hamas resumed missile attacks literally as soon as the ceasefire ran out - I haven't had a chance to have a look at how reliable those reports are so I haven't linked any here and I certainly can't say for definite its true, but given the history it is a distinct possibility.

Hamas has definitely stated that it will resume attacks on Israel and has no intention of entering long term peace negotiations. They refuse to recognise Israel's right to exist and are still committed to eliminating the Israeli state and driving every single Jew out of the region.

Netanyahu may well be deemed incompetent and arrogant in ignoring intelligence reports that Hamas intended an attack like the one that occured on october 7th.
If its proven he deliberately ignored it in order to justify the response then he should be prosecuted, without a shadow of a doubt.

In light of the continued threat posed by Hamas I don't really see what options Israel have?
I'd love to see someone give a viable alternative because just the same as anyone with an ounce of humanity I think the ongoing killing and human suffering is truly sickening.
But Israel's priority has to be the safety and security of their own people.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

UN soldiers could try to keep the peace in Gaza after the dust is settled but I suspect Israel are going to become the defacto rulers of that little strip of land.

I'm thinking in the long run Israel will adopt a 2-citizen solution. Many Palestinians will refuse an Israeli citizenship (if it came to it) but they've got no chance of any sort of autonomous government. They're not going anywhere either.

If they're really going to go after Hamas they'll be fighting in a lot more places than Gaza, quite a bit of that won't be conventional.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Must be Israel’s offensive posturing you see. Do you remember that time when the Jews started mudering and gassing innocent Germans and Ukraine invaded Russia killing thousands of civilian Russians? Me neither 🤷‍♂️🤔

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Hamas has used the exchange of prisoners for hostages as some sort of victory or vindication for their actions on October 7th.
They aren't bothered about how many people died to achieve that exchange.

I've read reports that Hamas resumed missile attacks literally as soon as the ceasefire ran out - I haven't had a chance to have a look at how reliable those reports are so I haven't linked any here and I certainly can't say for definite its true, but given the history it is a distinct possibility.

Hamas has definitely stated that it will resume attacks on Israel and has no intention of entering long term peace negotiations. They refuse to recognise Israel's right to exist and are still committed to eliminating the Israeli state and driving every single Jew out of the region.

Netanyahu may well be deemed incompetent and arrogant in ignoring intelligence reports that Hamas intended an attack like the one that occured on october 7th.
If its proven he deliberately ignored it in order to justify the response then he should be prosecuted, without a shadow of a doubt.

In light of the continued threat posed by Hamas I don't really see what options Israel have?
I'd love to see someone give a viable alternative because just the same as anyone with an ounce of humanity I think the ongoing killing and human suffering is truly sickening.
But Israel's priority has to be the safety and security of their own people.

Freeborn
I like you and i like your reply on the most part .. it shows to me you are human being and have thought about the
issues at hand .

If Israel was serious about peace , and i believe they never have been under Netanyau, they Israel would have ceased stealing land a long time ago. Imagine having your house taken from you at gunpoint, and possibly getting murdered, and then being told that you cant protest or you will be arrested or worse.

The resentment is huge , there is violence everyday war or peace.
This is the exact situtation that brought about Hamas, Its the exact reason that Netanyu backed Hamas.
Netanyau didnt want a 2 state solution , he never has.
He ingnored the warnings , in my opinion on purpose about the possibilty that Hamas was planning this raid.

World powers need to Halt the illegal settlemets of Palastinian lands and move to a two state solution.

What Israel .. no scrach that ... what Netanyau wants is to force Palestinians out of West bank and Gaza .a one state apartheid solution... abused has become the abuser and it needs a stop putting to it.

The only way for a stable and secure Israel is for 2 state solution that gives freedom to both parties.
Think how much peace this would bring to the middle east in General.

There will be hard choices ahead , but this injustice towards the Palastinian people can not be tolerated any longer.

Anyone reading this should think deeply about putting themselves in the Palastinian shoes and then think why the resentment and violence exist in the West bank and Gaza.
The Palastinians need our help, not bombed back to the stonage by a Ultra right wing Israeli PM, trying to stay in power a little bit longer.
edit on Fri, 01 Dec 2023 10:57:00 -06005710America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

read post below
edit on 1-12-2023 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

it appears Biden is exporting the 'Sanctuary City' policy to South Gaza city...sanctuary for terrorists ? and not just combat aged young men as in the USA

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think the missile attacks were several minutes before the ceasefire expired and Hamas claimed responsibility for the Jerusalem attacks IIRC.

I think NATO should be putting a lot more pressure on Turkey and Qatar to arrest and extradite Hamas leaders for war crimes and the UK gov stop ignoring and paying benefits to the one who lives freely outside London despite arrest warrants for terrorism. So far these major issues have been completely ignored as far as I'm aware.

Israel have every right to wipe out Hamas as there is no chance of peace or a two-state solution while they hold any influence. Hamas clearly couldn't care less about Palestinian civilians as proven by their use of human sheilds and the political leaders all emigrating from Gaza and personally enriching themselves by the hundreds of millions at the expense of the Palestinain people.

I think a UN peacekeeping force and/or aid package to allow countries to absorb Gazan refugees could possibly work or at least delay internal collapse - as the past few middle east conflicts have proven power vacuums and failed states generally lead to far greater loss of life and failure of the core aims of the war.

Realistically I don't think there is much chance for peace until the mad mullahs have died or OPEC/Saudi lose power - the under 50s in Iran generally have a far more Western mindset and are against the ayatollahs, while a key part of the OPEC agreement to export oil to the West was that they don't interfere with the Wahhabi interpretation of Islam that Saudi exports in a global terror campaign.
edit on 1-12-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I appreciate the reply and the sentiments expressed.

Israel has offered a two-state solution to Palestinians on several occasions.
Yasser Arafat and the PLO were moving towards accepting it with even referencing post 1947 UN Resolutions which indicated an acceptance of Israel.

However Hamas point blank refuse to budge on this and insist that they will never stop seeking an Arab/Islamic state 'from the river to the sea' free of all Jews....by whatever means necessary.

As far as I can tell public opinion in both Israel and the Palestinian Territories tend to ebb and flow in support of a two-state solution.
It was thought that prior to October 7th approximately 2/3rds of Palestinians supported the goals of Hamas. I don't think its possible to truly gauge how much support Palestinians have for the tactics used by Hamas.

We also have to bear in mind that whether we like it or not Netanyahu was democratically elected by the Israeli people.
And his primary responsibility has to be the safety and security of Israel and its people.
I have no regard or respect for Netanyahu and think he's duplicitous and too fanatical, but that's irrelevant because I'm not Israeli.

Hamas are terrorists funded by a rogue state and religious extremists and fanatics.
As soon as the ceasefire ended they resumed their attacks.
They need to be eradicated, root and branch.

UN Peacekeepers is a good idea in principle.
But for how long?
Because as sure as night follows day history teaches us that if they stay there for any length of time they become viewed as an occupying force themselves and become targets.

Personally I have no better solution than you have offered.
I do believe that if a lasting peace is ever to be achieved then integration from an early age would be integral.
And that would be incredibly difficult given the history, the deep rooted mutual distrust and dislike and the predominant role religion has in both societies and communities.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I can't say I disagree with any of your post.
Many of the points I have raised myself over the fast approaching last two months or so.

What sort of reaction do people expect from Israel when Hamas resumed their attacks either immediately before or after the ceasefire ended?

And then the attack in Jerusalem you rightly mention.

Its literally a big '# You we are going to carry on exactly as before' to Israel.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
the UN should force Egypt to take back Gaza. Israel dont want gaza.Egypt exiled its criminals/terrorist there and they refuse to take it back as long as its occupied by them.That leaves 2 options. kill them off,or a independent state with a dome built over it so they cant fire rockets anymore. No imports ,no vehicles allowed to enter without inspections.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sounds like the implanted Iran influence in The U.S. Government. Directive advice may be coming from inside WestExec Corp. 📤🎩

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Israel isn't actually a US ally, you're their poorly trained, ferally aggressive pitbull dripping with blood from it's latest mindless child mauling.

They play the US for suckers. You give them billions a year and get absolute dick all in return. They say jump you don't even ask how high you just jump.

Israel should still bomb Hamas though screw those guys.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Friday, December 1, 2023

Israel is supposed to be a FRIEND and ALLY of the United States. Why would President Biden order his Secretary of State to tell Israel...

The country lacks “credit” to conduct the kind of military campaign necessary to defeat Hamas, saying that the Biden administration would not tolerate large-scale bombing over months in southern Gaza.
Full Statement here: www.breitbart.com...

Does Israel need the United States' support so desperately, the country will do what we demand, even if its not how they wish to operate?

-WeMustCare

The resumption of bombing Gaza is a tragedy.
The human element has left israel, as will all the support they used to have.

On what version of this does he think this will end well for Israel.

Especially now that there is a report that Israel was told more than once a year ago that Hamas was planning
exactly this type of terror act.

Netanyau dismissed it as unrealistic.
I havent got a link but its at least on NYT

Like Putin Netanyau Needs this war to survive.

Shame on US for backing him

Immediately after the massive Oct 7th terrorist attack inside of Israel, P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to make taking out these 4 HAMAS leaders his top priority.

See here: www.dailymail.co.uk...

BUT AFTER 55 DAYS, ALL 4 EVIL MEN ARE STILL ALIVE!

Former/Next President Donald J. Trump indicated last month that Benjamin Netanyahu is either:

COMPROMISED

-or-

A COWARD

-or-

BOTH

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com... ni/

So many needless deaths of beautiful families on both sides!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join