It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Robed Entity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have read many accounts online about people’s encounters with shadow people. I have seen a few photos of them online but I have never seen anything like this!

Just thought I should share it.

I’m still not sure what to make of it.

More information at the ghoststudy.com

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nice pic! The lady who took this pic says she could see it in the viewfinder of her HP digital camera but couldn't see it with the naked eye, which would collaborate with similar reports of anomalous events.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
if you look where the legs should be you can see its been photo shopped.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Definitely looks like a Photoshop job.

The sun glinting off the sea to the right slightly overlaps the figure, which is natural when there is a bright light behind the subject. But the blending at the bottom of the cape has been very poorly done, and it would be the hardest part of the image to get to look right.

If she saw it in the viewfinder, she should have walked up to it and had a closer look.

[edit on 31/7/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just to add check out this story of an account of a Black Robed entity in New Zealand.

I work in security in New Zealand. Our security company got a job to provide overnight security during the construction of a retirement home. About 5 different security guards who work for the company and that have been assigned to the retirement village overnight have reported seeing a black shadow appearing and disappearing, including myself.

We were discussing this last night and were trying to best describe what it looked like and what was the closest description we could come up with to describe this shadow. The best definition we could come up with was that it was the dark shadow, which looked human like, but was dressed in a black robe. The closest thing we could relate it to was that it looked like the Grim Reaper, except with no sickle.

Most of the time, the dark shadow just stands there, watching us. Sometimes we see it move and run before it disappears. One of the security Guards freaked out when it saw it standing on the roof of one of the portacoms just standing there staring at him. He could smell a weird burning flesh type smell. When the dark shadow saw him looking at it - it disappeared.

On the same night, when the security guard went to do his patrols, he found a radio turned up really loud on the construction site. No one had been there all night so he didn't know who turned it on. He turned it off.

About an hour later he came back to do the patrol again and found it on again. So this time he turned it off and pulled out the power cord. When he did this another radio down the hall turned on - about 20 meters away. He went and switched this one off as well. He did a search of the whole place but could find no one. He was freaking out.

A different security Guard said he had seen the same black shadow appear and disappear. Later on in the night, he was sitting in his car, and had closed his eyes for about 15 seconds when he heard a loud knocking sound on the windows of his car. He quickly opened his eyes and looked to see who it was but there was no one around. He freaked out because no one person could physically knock on the window and run away in the matter of 2 seconds, without being seen.

My question is, does anybody know what this dark shadowed, Grim reaper looking thing is? Has anybody else experienced something like this?

Full Link to the story:
www.yourghoststories.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Originally posted by dmorgan
But the blending at the bottom of the cape has been very poorly done, and it would be the hardest part of the image to get to look right.

That was my first thought, but then I thought, why not just black out the rest of the image near the feet, or even remove it altogether. That, combined with the woman’s account, made me think twice. Having said that you can clearly see parts of the water outline, mixed into the robe at the feet, so it has either been very badly done or the entity is slowly dematerializing lol, starting from the feet, upwards.

I have read a few accounts of people seeing shadow people near beaches, during the day, so it is not a completely unusual place for them to be seen. Although it is not the most frequent place, they like to hang out.

- JC

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mode402

OK,

It is just a harmless ghost.

Don't worry, there is no bad intention here.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The photos at Ghostsudy are questionable. I do believe that there are many reports of this type of shadow ghost, usually they look like the grim weaper or a man in a trenchcoat with a hat.

www.profilingtheunexplained.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
many scitzophranics see Satan. Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

[edit on 2-8-2009 by markprice]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
looks like he just wants to go for a dip....

What weird guys in robes can't enjoy the ocean too???

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

LOL

That weird guy! is as black as the night sky ...during the day!!!

Nothing to worry about though... probably just a camera glitch :shk:

- JC

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Joecroft]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
its strange you can see his reflection in the water.
it looks chopped though.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Finally Joecroft ! The long awaited thread ! But I do believe you are missing some vital information ?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate
Finally Joecroft ! The long awaited thread ! But I do believe you are missing some vital information ?

Your a bit like a shadow lol yourself Mrs Destiny...

This is not THE lol thread, this is me leading up to THE thread

Vital information?

- JC

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

Originally posted by mellisamouse

LOL

That weird guy! is as black as the night sky ...during the day!!!

Nothing to worry about though... probably just a camera glitch :shk:

- JC

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Joecroft]

There's didn't happen to be a star wars convention in town did there?

I'm actually serious you would not believe the mistakes made and photo's taken and claims made in some of these situations. Of course you don't hear about it because it's quickly debunked but does look like a sith robe.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
THis is what it looks like to me.

thisisfreakingridiculous.squarespace.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Hey great photo...

Only problem I can see, is that Darth vader doesn't have a slight pointed shape on his head gear..

Perhaps there was an X-men convention instead...

- JC

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by DJM8507

Hey great photo...

Only problem I can see, is that Darth vader doesn't have a slight pointed shape on his head gear..

Perhaps there was an X-men convention instead...

- JC

Good point, but it could easily be someone in a costume. with the legs photoshopped out. It does appear very oddly.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This just seems too good to be true. It could easily be a person in a costume that is photoshopped. All the ghost pics I've seen are always somewhat fades, not nearly as solid as this. You would have to be extremely lucky to get this shot. But some are lucky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join