It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting of a Russian hunter with a bear

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

A bear in a cage sounds cruel and retarded.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I grew up in Northern Connecticut. We had deer, bears, and even sometimes moose. They all ran away when a human was around. Even the bears. My 89 year old mother still lives in the same house and still has bears come around. Last year she went to go get in her car and a bear was in the tree next to the car. She yelled at it and it left. My elderly 89 year old crippled mother yelled at the bear and scared it away. Unless there are baby bears or food involved ... bears usually just run away.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Good health to your mother. It's good that she gets along and is friends with bears.))))

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Thats sounds a little cruel to me?

and the end of the post was a load of crap.
animals born or captured and raised in captivity might behave in a non aggressive or defensive manner and not bite the hand that feeds them.

but just like all wild animals and even some domesticated animals, they can and have been known to chew that hand and the ass behind it off.

edit on 15-5-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What's going on here though?

edit on 15-5-2024 by RobRocket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RobRocket

No idea? That's weird.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Two, sorry, three men come to their senses after a drinking session))) It’s better to do it yourself than their wives do))))

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

OMG...that's hilarious!!

WTF, over??

The only thing missing is John Cleese up front saying..."And now for something completely different"

:-)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Paddington Bear meets our late Queen:

m.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   

By the looks of it some light gay bondage or evolved fighting in the woods.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well thank you, Hunter, for not shooting the mother and selling the cubs to carnival folk.

It's prejudice, but every time I see "bears" + "Russia" I want to put them on a cycle of some kind. Because that's sorta my image of Russia. Circus performing bears.

That's the daily life of hunters everywhere.

I don't get where you are going, or what this hunters standoff with Mama bear has to do with an American woman's preference? Or how it compares men between the two countries. American men shoot a crapload of bears. And live among wildlife.

I feel 2,000,000 volts from a stun gun is working better on a human, if that's what you're asking?

That's the same in both countries.
edit on 15-5-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This video proves beyond a reasonable doubt that it is not in that hunter's character to attack another country without an unusually severe provocation.

Unless the hunter was after birds or rabbits with that shotgun and had shells which he wasn't confident would stop a charging brown bear.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFanUnless there are baby bears or food involved ... bears usually just run away.

Bears in semi-rural areas may be used to the fact that there will always be human garbage to eat so they need not hunt.

Wild animals near human homes are said to find it much easier to scavenge garbage than hunt.

Your experience may not transfer to every bear, even one in a state park or nature preserve where the houses with cooking waste in the garbage cans are far away.
edit on 15-5-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

edit on 15-5-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Same with foxes.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
On a more related note, as someone who has some experience with Brown Bears (Grizzly bears), and someone who has been charged by one, the video is pretty unusual. The sow false-charges him three times. This is pretty unusual behavior. Normally, a brown bear will only false-charge once. Then, they will either stand their ground, or full-on attack on the 2nd charge.

Maybe the surveys didn't compare praying and non-praying populations?

Maybe that's the actual Minister of Propaganda and a trained bear?

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Wild Bears are Pussies Sometimes . They are Often Shocked when Confronted by a Determined Opponent . Case in Point ........ I am Not Impressed......

edit on 15-5-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Like I said , Wild Bears are Dumb Pussies when Confronted by Smarter Animals .
edit on 15-5-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You obviously haven't been around many bears in real life.

Those were all black bears in your video, and most of them immature. You can call bears pussies, but don't ever try any of those things with a brown bear! A brown bear is a whole different breed of "cat".

A funny side note about the same subject; black bears are also different in some other ways, and this might change your tune. The most accepted technique to defend yourself against a black bear attack is the exact opposite of that used for a brown bear (Grizzly). Your life depends on it! If a black bear attacks, your best defense is to punch, bite, kick, scratch, poke and do everything possible to escape, because if a black bear truly attacks you...it's going to EAT you!

The best defense against a brown bear attack is the exact opposite...play dead. Cover your vitals (especially your neck) and play dead like a opossum. They will often lose interest and wander away victorious.

Black bears attack because they are hungry. Brown bears attack because they are defending their territory against a threat. Different bear, different reasoning, and completely different strategy.

Yes, black bears are often way more timid and apt to run away before they stand and fight, BUT when they do they are 2x as mean as a brown bear.

And, just so you know, my next door neighbor was killed by a black bear in Eagle River, Alaska. He heard something in his trash one night and crawled out a 2nd floor window onto the roof of his garage to see what it was. It was a black bear (common in the area). He fired a .22 caliber rifle into the air to scare the bear away, and it ran. A few minutes later he went outside to put his trash cans inside his garage and the bear came back and attacked him, killing him. The bear then proceeded to consume about 30% of his body before a car came by and honked, scaring the bear off. His wife and children inside never heard a thing until authorities knocked on the door (the driver didn't exit his vehicle out of fear for the bear). Authorities had to dispatch the bear in order to recover the body as it was defending its kill by that point.

When we went through the USFS bear defense classes in AK, at the time they said black bear injuries and fatalities were like 3x greater than brown bear fatalities in AK, even though everyone always hears about and is far more afraid of brown bears. And the reason you hear about so many grizz attacks in Glacier National Park in Montana and/or Yellowstone is, there are just way more people per bear in these areas, unlike Alaska and Canada where there far more bears, but the people density is way less per square mile.

Oh, and lastly, the only difference between a "brown" bear and a "Grizzly" bear...is 75 miles. They are the same animal.

In any case...bears are "pussies"? Okay, you stick with that thought; I think I'll be a little more cautious. Bears might be timid when confronted by a 'faster' animal, but humans aren't faster than a bear (unlike a domestic/ wild cat). Has nothing to do with being 'smart'. If it did, a bear should flee in terror at the mere sight of a smarter human, but we already know that's not the case, so it's not about being smart.
edit on 5/15/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

You obviously haven't been around many bears in real life.

Those were all black bears in your video, and most of them immature. You can call bears pussies, but don't ever try any of those things with a brown bear! A brown bear is a whole different breed of "cat".

A funny side note about the same subject; black bears are also different in some other ways, and this might change your tune. The most accepted technique to defend yourself against a black bear attack is the exact opposite of that used for a brown bear (Grizzly). Your life depends on it! If a black bear attacks, your best defense is to punch, bite, kick, scratch, poke and do everything possible to escape, because if a black bear truly attacks you...it's going to EAT you!

The best defense against a brown bear attack is the exact opposite...play dead. Cover your vitals (especially your neck) and play dead like a opossum. They will often lose interest and wander away victorious.

Black bears attack because they are hungry. Brown bears attack because they are defending their territory against a threat. Different bear, different reasoning, and completely different strategy.

Yes, black bears are often way more timid and apt to run away before they stand and fight, BUT when they do they are 2x as mean as a brown bear.

And, just so you know, my next door neighbor was killed by a black bear in Eagle River, Alaska. He heard something in his trash one night and crawled out a 2nd floor window onto the roof of his garage to see what it was. It was a black bear (common in the area). He fired a .22 caliber rifle into the air to scare the bear away, and it ran. A few minutes later he went outside to put his trash cans inside his garage and the bear came back and attacked him, killing him. The bear then proceeded to consume about 30% of his body before a car came by and honked, scaring the bear off. His wife and children inside never heard a thing until authorities knocked on the door (the driver didn't exit his vehicle out of fear for the bear). Authorities had to dispatch the bear in order to recover the body as it was defending its kill by that point.

When we went through the USFS bear defense classes in AK, at the time they said black bear injuries and fatalities were like 3x greater than brown bear fatalities in AK, even though everyone always hears about and is far more afraid of brown bears. And the reason you hear about so many grizz attacks in Glacier National Park in Montana and/or Yellowstone is, there are just way more people per bear in these areas, unlike Alaska and Canada where there far more bears, but the people density is way less per square mile.

Oh, and lastly, the only difference between a "brown" bear and a "Grizzly" bear...is 75 miles. They are the same animal.

In any case...bears are "pussies"? Okay, you stick with that thought; I think I'll be a little more cautious.

We have Black Bears here in N.J. , and they are not a Problem . But Yeah , Grizzly's are a Whole Different thing . They are also Dumb but will Rip your Leg Off if they get Hungry Enough .

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The other thing which gets people in trouble with black bears is seeing videos like the one you posted. Black bears are much more inquisitive than brown bears. They're curious, and they act docile, like in the video. People think they're cute, especially the cubs. And, candidly, they can be pretty entertaining...from a distance. But they can also be very, very, dangerous (as my neighbor's tragic experience illustrates).

I grew up in Wyoming, and when any family came to visit the first place they wanted to go was Yellowstone, so I spent many of my teen and early 20's taking family members through Yellowstone. I know the place by heart. I can't even begin to count the stupid sh** I've seen people do around bears (or other dangerous animals, for that matter). People trying to hand feed them, or pet them, or pose for selfies with them...it's endless. Fortunately, many of those bears are so used to humans they rarely attack and are often scared off by something. But hikers and other travelers then run into a brown bear in the park and expect them to behave the same way; that's when really bad stuff happens. Two completely different bears, and two completely different behaviors.

BTW - Brown bears seldom "eat" their human victims. That's not to say 'never', but seldom. Black bears are far more apt to consume their victims and often do. Both animals are omnivores so they'll eat almost anything, but brown bears seem to get nervous about the human scent and will often leave a kill site. Other animals, like coyotes and wolves, will consume the remains. Black bears don't roll like that, they are far less fearful of humans. They spook easier than brown bears do, but they usually don't go far. A brown bear will leave the area entirely in most cases.

edit on 5/15/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join