It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla cutting 14,000 jobs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Tesla has announced a 10% cut to its labor force. Around 14k employees.

www.investors.com...

"Tesla's decision to reduce its head count follows lackluster Q1 deliveries and a Reuters report that it canceled its long promised next-generation $25,000 vehicle, choosing to focus on developing its self-driving robotaxi platform"

Lots of interesting things happening at Tesla.. A bad economy coupled with a stainless steel truck that rusts, a cancelled platform and a vehicle that might never happen "Semi" makes people nervous.

We will see soon how the cards fall.

Thoughts?

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 15-4-2024 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That sounds about right. The electric vehicle market is saturated. It has hit the plateau of all that want one has one. Some are selling them off and going back to regular engine or hybrid. They had a bad experience with them.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The batteries are the death of this style of car. The EPA can't be talking environmental impact of these designs, that use rare Earth elements, with a semblance of integrity anymore.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

I think every auto maker is feeling the pain right now.
Over priced, under performance, recalls and with electric.. Charging is always a problem.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A lot of the work from home isn't working out. Our company is cutting around 400 this and next week. Suddenly everybody wants to come to work. 3 Mandatory work days and people can't make them. More work for the rest.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
More than anything, the 1,000+ pounds of added weight to EV's worries me the most, as it has serious implications in vehicle crashes, not to mention the fires that can't be put out.
Collateral damage for the talking heads?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
More than anything, the 1,000+ pounds of added weight to EV's worries me the most, as it has serious implications in vehicle crashes, not to mention the fires that can't be put out.
Collateral damage for the talking heads?

And the extra Carbon Emissions. 😃

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What's the carbon emissions from EV manufacturing for one vehicle incl all parts mfg'd from vendors, and how long does it take for "Carbon Emissions Breakeven" per vehicle produced? 😀 Remember too, the carbon spinning is a continuous cycle with all new EVs produced.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am not surprised. Sales of EVs have fallen and will continue to decline. Demand for them from "early adopters" has long since been met. Apparently, consumers now favor the Hybrids. I postulate that the need to replace tires every 6,000 miles and low resale value have put a lot of people off.

As well, I would guess that a large part of the potential market fo EVs is now aware that new battery technologies are on the horizon that will make the wet lithium batteries Tesla uses obsolete.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Big picture = Joe Biden and his people graduated bottom 10%. It shows in everything they do.

Joe Biden's Electric Cars Push is a Huge (Expensive) Failure: www.americanenergyalliance.org...

Bottom 10% of his college class, folks. 🤡

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, when your supposed "green" technology, isn't really green at all, sometimes people wake up to that fact.

Sucks for so many, that put their eggs in this basket, believing the government.

Too bad nobody seems to be able to come up with good paying jobs, cleaning up plastic, or renewing the forests.

What a difference that could ACTUALLY make.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cvastar

I am still waiting on the Mr. Fusion to be developed. Not only is it a power source, it eliminates the trash.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The Public is being "Greenwashed". 😬

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Biggest demo of the electric car failure to me is how few you see on the highway, going from city to city. I went to New Orleans (from Chicago) and didn't see a single electric vehicle on the way. NOT ONE. Only 300 miles per-charge and hours for the re-charge only works for people who drive around town AND live in an house. I haven't seen any charging stations in any of the apartment complexes.

Biden's "Build Back Better" was supposed to saturate America with charging stations. I guess Joe Biden's corrupt government friends took the money before it could be spent on the charging stations.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Public is being "Greenwashed". 😬

The people who buy a "used" electric car, only to find out 18 months later a $7,000 battery is needed, will be very angry.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Joe Biden's Electric Cars Push is a Huge (Expensive) Failure

I believe it's part of the plan or a minor issue at best. The entire push for EVs and other climate initiatives is to drive up the cost of living and lower the quality of life. Democrats do best when the masses are poor, desperate, hopeless and afraid. These are the things the democrats use a lot in their talking points and their policies are used to slow boil us towards those goal.

That isn't to say that Joe isn't a moron. He is by every definition.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Chinas BYD has flooded foreign markets with cheap EVs as well. Tesla didn't get a cheap affordable EV put quick enough.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Tires every 6000 miles?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Electric cars suck.
Their maintenance costs more and is more frequent.
They pollute more in the long run.
They make us reliant on China and foreigners for parts/batteries.
Charging up??? WHERE???

SUCK SUCK SUCK

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Chinas BYD has flooded foreign markets with cheap EVs as well. Tesla didn't get a cheap affordable EV put quick enough.

I’ve heard that BYD makes so junk.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join