It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the 'Abrahamic Religions' all Really the Worshipping the Same Abrahamic God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: network dude

Nature is the basis of all.

Ironically, this takes every bit as much faith to believe as does believing in a god, since this is inherently unprovable.

You can "but science" me all day but the reality is science has no idea what the "basis of all" is. Their answers go back as far as the Big Bang, and then they're stumped. Anything you read about before that is more pseudoscience and faith than it is actual science. It's actually quite fascinating to get into.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Short answer to your question: Yes!

And there is no doubt about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
All three religions claim the same god, the God of Abraham.

Yes. But are they? And are they the same God?
They have different ways they evolved/revealed.
Does that mean they are the same God but different reveals .. or different gods?

I can think you're a man, Ray can think you're a woman, and Sookie can think you're a zebra.

No matter which one of us is right, even if none of us are right, you're still the same entity, we just have different beliefs about you.

And for the record, I think it's a great discussion. S&F for the original post.
edit on 11-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

just because the Moslems CLAIM to have the same God doesn't make it so.

Jews also claim Muslims follow their God. Jews see Christians as idol worshipers (aka the golden bull). Which explains why Jews were hunted down by christian crusaders throughout history (Rhineland massacres here etc).

Rabbi's explain here...

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Maybe it's not so much in which version of God you believe in, but that you do believe in a God and will be judged on how true you were to your beliefs.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Then why do some of them hate each other? Even some sects within the main religns hate each other.

Organized religion is man made to control other men.

I look at it like sibling rivalry and long-standing family feuds. They're all claiming the inheritance promised Abraham's offspring.
edit on 5220242024k08America/Chicago2024-04-11T19:08:52-05:0007pm2024-04-11T19:08:52-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

prime example a religion that I grew up on, call the Jehovah’s Witness, which was started by Charles Tays Russell, who is the 13 bloodline of the Russell family that started that religion back in the 1800s

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

just because the Moslems CLAIM to have the same God doesn't make it so.

Jews also claim Muslims follow their God.

no they don't.

Jews see Christians as idol worshipers (aka the golden bull).

no they don't.

Which explains why Jews were hunted down by Christian crusaders throughout history (Rhineland massacres here etc).

Christians persecuted Jews based on ignorance and stupidity and often greed. One might notice that this doesn't happen anymore.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The parable of the Blind Men and the Elephant comes to mind...

The first blind man put out his hand and touched the side of the elephant. “How smooth! An elephant is like a wall.” The second blind man put out his hand and touched the trunk of the elephant. “How round! An elephant is like a snake.” The third blind man put out his hand and touched the tusk of the elephant. “How sharp! An elephant is like a spear.” The fourth blind man put out his hand and touched the leg of the elephant. “How tall! An elephant is like a tree.” The fifth blind man reached out his hand and touched the ear of the elephant. “How wide! An elephant is like a fan.” The sixth blind man put out his hand and touched the tail of the elephant. “How thin! An elephant is like a rope.”

An argument ensued, each blind man thinking his own perception of the elephant was the correct one. The Rajah, awakened by the commotion, called out from the balcony. “The elephant is a big animal,” he said. “Each man touched only one part. You must put all the parts together to find out what an elephant is like.”

Enlightened by the Rajah’s wisdom, the blind men reached agreement. “Each one of us knows only a part. To find out the whole truth we must put all the parts together.”

That was the Hindu version of the parable. Most other religions have a version of the same idea.

The Rigveda, dated to have been written down (from earlier oral traditions) between 1500 and 1200 BCE, states "Reality is one, though wise men speak of it variously."

My belief system holds the same premise (and parable, about the sea) and predates Abrahamic religions.

We are all a part of the same thing and the sum of our parts is larger than the whole.

Quibbling over who is "correct" on the subject is merely a means of control.

Simply because following one person's or groups observation of something ignores the totality of it.

Just a thought, as always...

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 09:33 PM
link   
They’re not-

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.1John2

And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise..Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. Gal3

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1Cor11

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John3

He who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

-Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. Gal4

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I believe so yes. The same figures appear in all 3 books. All 3 books attempt to answer the same question.

It’s 3 different accounts of many different interactions by quite a few prophets all interacting with the same/similar things. The god(s) the creator(s) the deceiver(s).

All 3 books speak of Abraham. All three books believe their god spoke to Abraham.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 10:32 PM
link   

When it comes to issues such as the Trinity I find little point sharing Bible scriptures with people. After decades of experience I've come to know a Trinitarian is rarely won over with logic and reasoning from the scriptures when it comes to this belief. Usually it is better to start with simpler and easier to accept Bible truths. In time if a person is sincere, studying with a Witnesses, along with sincere prayer, and heartfelt reading and mediation gets a person to slowly come around to understand what once they was so sure of to be true, isn't.

But if you are indeed sincere in your research there is one brochure published by Jehovah's Witnesses that goes into detail about the Trinity, its pagan origins and its history how this pagan doctrine seeped into the apostate Church. As well as so-called Trinity proof texts. I recommend you and everyone curious and sincere about this pagan Doctrine to read this very well researched and irrefutable brochure. The most stanch Trinitarians have hated it since it was published many years ago as it blows away and rips into shreds their false pagan belief that has no grounds for belief from the Bible itself.

Should You Believe in the Trinity?

I am not sharing this link to argue. I respect everyone's beliefs on the subject. I just leave this for open-minded people searching for the truth.

edit on Thu, 11 Apr 2024 22:35:02 -0500pm41120240400000002America/ChicagoThu, 11 Apr 2024 22:35:02 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I second that.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

If i understand correctly ,prophet muhammad mother and grandmother were jewish, and Muhammad had 2 wife`s that were jewish ( Rayhana bint Zayd and Safiya bint Huyayy )

Salma, the Prophet Mohamed’s wealthy Jewish grandmother who vanished from history

Muhammad mother name was Amina

The Prophet Muhammad and The Children of Israel By Dr. John Andrew Morrow

So basically muhammad also had Jewish blood

edit on 11-4-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

I disagree and I see nothing in the brochure that rips any of my belief.

In the beginning was the Word
and the Word was with God
and the Word was God.

The Gospel of John begins with a statement of Jesus’ deity: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1, emphasis added). In verse 14, John identifies the Word: “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John is affirming that the Word (Jesus) is God, and He left heaven to come to earth in the form of a man to live with men and display the glory of God the Father.
Jesus made another statement claiming to be God when He said, “Very truly I tell you, . . . before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:58). Titus 2:13 ESV

Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, John 10:30, Jesus said, “I and the Father are one.”

Colossians 1:15 ESV He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. Matthew 1:23 ESV

“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

1 John 5:20 ESV
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Here is a page full of verses that may help.
www.openbible.info...

I choose to believe the words in the Bible as inspired by God and not a human being's interpretation of them. I ask Holy Spirit to reveal all things to me.

Keep in mind that the devil has been copying, twisting and messing with the Bible since time began. He would love to deny the Holiness and authority of Jesus/God/Holy Spirit and how they are all one.

Nothing of the Bible came from pagan roots.

How Reliable Is The New World Translation Of The Jehovah’s Witnesses?
Many scholars will not even apply the term “translation” to this “bible.” The Watchtower Society needed a bible to conform to their strange doctrines, and so they created one. The “translation” was done by a five-member committee in Brooklyn, New York. Four of these men had a high school education only, with no Hebrew or Greek knowledge at all. The fifth man, the late Fred W. Franz, although claiming to know Hebrew and Greek (without cre­dentials), while under oath in a Scottish Court of Law, failed a simple Hebrew test. He was a college sophomore dropout, and lied about being offered a Rhodes Scholarship. No wonder the Society refuses to name their translators, and prefers to be anonymous and “humble!” No reputable scholar will endorse this “translation,” and no one suffers more in this distortion than the Lord Jesus Christ.

I think you write wonderful and amazing posts on ATS, and this isn't mean to attack you, but just point out evidence of the interpretation of how the Witnesses made the Bible's words suit their needs. My apologies if I sound harsh. I do believe we can all learn from each other, but I just refuse to take any other meaning of the Bible than what it was intended. It shouldn't be rocket science to decipher either - one should always pray before and after reading the Bible so that we can understand what is intended from God's own words.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I had to give you an SnF just for bringing this questiom up.
Even tho we disagree on a magnitude of theological
ideologies I truly believe you have raised a very pertinent
question here. So you get kudos for that. Good job and No
I don't believe the Muslims worship God The Father of all
creation. Not by a landslide.

They worship a moon goddess. A demon if you will.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by:FlyersFan
Are Yahweh, The Holy Trinity, and Allah the same God?
All three are described very differently by each of the
religions that worship them. And all three 'evolved' (or were revealed)
differently. Yet all three claim to be the God of Abraham.

Thing is,
If one is to believe in a monotheistic God,
the understanding would be, One Creator of and for ALL.
The problem however,
goes far beyond an Universal Creator.
. . whether jews refuse to see Jesus as Christ and
killed off the christian apostles, for perceived blasphemy ;
. . whether christians divisions
see Jesus as God, trinity or a prophet ;
. . whether muslims refuse to believe that God had
sex and begot a son, but say Jesus is the messiah ;
The fractions are of a political creation.
The israeli western concept of BANKING, capital + estate +
natural resources exploitation, 'money changing' speculators
DOES NOT COEXIST with
the Islamic NO INTEREST FEES $$ (Usery)
Now you know why the money changers hate Islam.
It all comes down to $ and the banks that fund the wars.
. . . GREED, and lies . . lies, and more lies.

edit on 12-4-2024 by ToneD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Read the old testament. It half the chriatian bible all the jewish book and the Koran was lifted from it. You know plagarism. Well exsept the parts to rape little gurls and kill anyone who is diffrent. Ive read them all a few times. If you take the time the answer is simple.reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneD

Dude or dudette where did you come up with that?

The way you described that was so elegant.

And that comes from a true believer in Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Conveniently, Allah was the tribal god of Mohammed's tribe. Nice how that worked out for him. I guess the gods of the other Arabian tribes didn't count for much.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join