It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: chr0naut

Syncretism goes both ways.

Most definitely after all that cauldron is rather a big mixing pot.

In the beginning though it was about Sun worship not Son worship.

After that just rinse and repeat and here we are today.

Do tell.

So. Take us down the path of rinse, cycle and repeat. Pagan.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Any rabid adherence to an imbalance of an group of insiders and outsiders is technically a cult.

Even Capitalists are cultish in Nature.

The 1% just knows how to manipulate people using various power/control heirarchies in various forms.

Human psychology and basic biological needs being exploited by those who Know.

It's not intrinsic to Religion, it's everywhere.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Yes but no matter where it came from, the Last Supper was a Passover seder and that's where the Easter tale begins.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I am not able to see if your reply was to my post, or another.
If it was to my post : then no, the vids I posted do not go into the path of the Gnostic Christians.

It fits the OP, in the sense of being an alternative view, and explanation, of the bible, and Jesus, Easter and Passover.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

I'm glad you enjoyed the vids, but they seem to suggest the the " tales of Easter " were birthed long before Jesus.

The first vid get's into some Greek mythology near the beginning, and knowing your experience with such, would be interested in your take.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCameaSpider

Im not a Pagan.

Christened a protestant me.

As to taking you down paths.

Probably best to choose your own road.

Where Christianity is concerned.

No real denying the fact that the Bible contains a few stories, rather similar, or somewhat of a rehash, of religions tales that came before.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Okie dokie.

Thank you.

I promise I'll watch it when I have a chance, I'm just swamped right now.

I'm absolutely overloaded with various theological studies at the moment.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

ignores the many places throughout the Bible that identifies the specialness of the relationship between God and the Jews, and that Christians are in fact "grafted in to the vine" (Romans 11:17) and do not supersede that relationship.

What is the only way to reach The Father according to Jesus as put forth in the Bible?

What does the Talmud say about Jesus?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

ignores the many places throughout the Bible that identifies the specialness of the relationship between God and the Jews, and that Christians are in fact "grafted in to the vine" (Romans 11:17) and do not supersede that relationship.

What is the only way to reach The Father according to Jesus as put forth in the Bible?

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father but by me".

What does the Talmud say about Jesus?

Nothing nice, but they wouldn't, would they?

Jesus, on the other hand, was what nationality?

His disciples perhaps, then?

And when did Jesus or the early church fathers say to throw off ideas of ethnicity or heritage?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Not to mention how the majority of the Old Testament was about the Fallen State of Disobedient Israelites and His Judgement against them.

Christs message offers redemption from that Fallen State and affords a more optimistic outlook, although folks are still arguing over how to achieve the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, because everyone has such radically different opinions about what only the Father and Son and Holy Spirit know how to accomplish.

Sorry for the interjection....I'll shush.

(WOMEN! KNOW YOUR LIMITS!)

*covers head and sits back down silently*
edit on 3/31/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The video is pointless. Everybody finds their way so and so and when God sees someone who needs a helping hand he will be there to offer one. I guess that makes the thousands and thousands of sick people not in need of any help.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

Bull#.

You underestimate the Fruit of the Vine and Work of Human Hands.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Right. So if the only way to the Father is through the Son then where does that leave the Jews with the exception of the messianic Jews?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

and when God sees someone who needs a helping hand he will be there to offer one.

That's not how it works and all you need to do is Google picture of starving child and vulture.

I guess that makes the thousands and thousands of sick people not in need of any help.

Right. That's why there's a full-time faith healer employed in every ER in the country.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: andy06shake

Aye, he was not born at Christmas or died at Easter.

That's just the Holy Roman Church of St Peter appropriating Pagan festivals for their own control purposes.

Some of those pagan festivals, such as Sol Invictus and Roman Military Mithraism, were post-Christian.

Syncretism goes both ways.

The Saturnalia is actually pre-Christian.
edit on Sun, 31 Mar 2024 21:07:32 -0500pm33120240300000032America/ChicagoSun, 31 Mar 2024 21:07:32 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: andy06shake

Not control.....conversion and cooperation.

Not all pagan traditions were deemed destestable.

There are countless stories of Frairs and Monks interacting peacefully with the Pagan Viking and Druidic peoples.

Just not easy to find the stories of harmonious relations, because people seem to love conflict stories.

Sincerely, a Catholic who's still in touch with her Pagan roots.

The pagans worship centered around demon worship. The Bible is quite clear about mixing pagan demon worship with pure worship to Jehovah God:

"No; but I say that what the nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons. You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons."-1 Corinthians 10:20-21.

"Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” “‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.”-2 Corinthians 6:15-18.

In order for worship to be acceptable to God it must be pure and unadulterated. He does not accept the mixing of pagan holidays and traditions with pure worship.

edit on Sun, 31 Mar 2024 21:15:50 -0500pm33120240300000050America/ChicagoSun, 31 Mar 2024 21:15:50 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

You're talking about the Middle Eastern Cults.

I'm talking about the European Tribes.

The pagans that St. Patrick and the Church driove out of Ireland were the ones who practiced human sacrifice.

Like I said earlier, not all the Pagans were worshippers of Evil, Dark and Unholy Things.

The ones who focused on the natural cycles of nature and harmony with life and death without actual human sacrifice were left in peace.

Those are the ones I study, those are the paths I read about, I have no use for demonology and I know well the dangers of the Fae or Djinn and Trickster spirits.

I'm schizophrenic, I'm up to my ears in my own demons already, I don't need to attract the attentions of more from cultures outside my own, but I get what you're getting at in your response.

In my Darkest Hour, I prayed and prayed, I felt God had forsaken me, I pleaded for Jesus to help me, and there was no avail, no respite.

What got me through was a passage in the Book of James:

"Consider it a great joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you experience various trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing."

God created me for a purpose, he created me with reason, discernment and an intelligent mind, and as I meditated on that passage in the abense of God's Mercy and Presence, it kept him close to me, for He inspired the author to pen those words, and for a book of those authors to be bound and translated, and provded to the world at large, that we may each take what we need from it to continue the unfolding of Creation and the coming of Christs Kingdom on Earth.

He created me as he did, with all I needed at my time of Trial, and though I still find myself at times where I need to be hospitalized because of my condition and affliction, I'm always fortunate enough to find Angels and Good People in various guises in various traditions and paths, mostly Healers and Persons of Faith, Christian Pagans you might say, and tradional Christians of various Faiths.

This is why people call me a heretic, because for some reason my testimony isn't as simplistic and eloquent as men and women of more formal education, but I'm trying my best, and that's all I can really do.

I am just a small player in a Grand Play, and I have few lines worthy of note.

I hope you realize I am doing the best I can, and cannot cover everything all at once in one heaping post.

Thanks for reading and giving me the opportunity to clarify my position.

edit on 3/31/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Easter Sunday, March 31, 2024

What would Jesus Christ say about this?

The Leader of the United States of America (President Biden), promotes Transgenderism, over Jesus Christ Rising from the dead to save the soul of Humans.

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Would Jesus just shrug it off as an action coming from an Old Man who is failing Cognitively?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join