It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

In the video above, Mark Dice discusses how the different Abrahamic religions view Jesus, who Jesus really is, and what his arrival on earth means for Christians, Christianity and non-Christians.

He also notes how the relationship between Christians and Jews were altered after the Schofield Bible was published early on in the previous century.

Some good info here for religious believers and non-believers alike.

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
And about how he died days after Passover and not in March!

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Aye, he was not born at Christmas or died at Easter.

That's just the Holy Roman Church of St Peter appropriating Pagan festivals for their own control purposes.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not control.....conversion and cooperation.

Not all pagan traditions were deemed destestable.

There are countless stories of Frairs and Monks interacting peacefully with the Pagan Viking and Druidic peoples.

Just not easy to find the stories of harmonious relations, because people seem to love conflict stories.

Sincerely, a Catholic who's still in touch with her Pagan roots.

edit on 3/31/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Cheers for the response GENERAL EYES.

In my view all organised religious practice is about control.

Recorded history doesn't exactly paint peaceful pictures where that mob are concerned.

Sincerely, a Protestant who pays the religion lip service.

Happy Easter by the way.

edit on 31-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Aye, he was not born at Christmas or died at Easter.

That's just the Holy Roman Church of St Peter appropriating Pagan festivals for their own control purposes.

Some of those pagan festivals, such as Sol Invictus and Roman Military Mithraism, were post-Christian.

Syncretism goes both ways.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Control, ritual, organization, practice....same thing different way of expressing it.

Kind of like all religions who worship a Creator or aspects of Creation.

It's either about peace or war, good and evil, life or death or some balance of the aforementioned.

Fan fiction and various cults fighting over their favorite canon.

Same # different day.

Happy Easter to you as well.

edit on 3/31/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Most definitely after all that cauldron is rather a big mixing pot.

In the beginning though it was about Sun worship not Son worship.

After that just rinse and repeat and here we are today.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Can we have a little less toil and trouble in the next batch. Might I suggest origano?

Ha. Please

edit on 31-3-2024 by Dalamax because: Etiquette

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You really need to receive from God understanding if you want to understand anything. Give the man a cookie for his attempt at warmongering.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Aye, some ""oregano"" could work, and may even have a ""calming"" effect.

As to the current batch, i think they were made in the microwave.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Most definitely after all that cauldron is rather a big mixing pot.

In the beginning though it was about Sun worship not Son worship.

After that just rinse and repeat and here we are today.

The Hebrew roots of Christianity were nothing to do with Solar cults. And as mentioned in my previous post, Sol Invictus was significantly post-Christian.

Christianity was outlawed at the time of the (re?)invention of of Sol Invictus under Emperor Auralian, 274 years after Christ. It was an obvious attempt to divert a rapidly growing Christian faith and Christian customs that denied the divinity of the Roman Emperors and their pantheon.

Sol Invictus itself was then re-syncretized back into Christianity with Emperor Constantine in 325 AD claiming that he saw a vision of Christ as the Sun, and that caused him to be triumphant in battle allowing him to consolidate power over the empire.

Sol Invictus

Constantine the Great

edit on 2024-03-31T15:35:24-05:0003Sun, 31 Mar 2024 15:35:24 -050003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I meant more like most organised religious practices have some link or another to the Sun rather than an attempt to link Christianity directly to solar cults.

I thought Constantine seen a great cross in the sky as opposed to a vision of Christ as the Sun but i guess that's how it could be interpreted.

So much of it is open to interpretation after all.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Well techically, stars are suns so...

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

God works in mysterious ways right buddy?

Perhaps address the content of the video in an attempt to back up such accusations?

Of course you won't.

You're all about the emotional response.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Mark Dice interprets Jesus through the filter of his right-wing views.

A far better guide to the true nature of Jesus is in what Jesus had to say for Himself and what His contemporaries have said about Him, not the views of some revisionist extremist who calls himself a "conservative".

Jesus, in his conversation with the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well in Sychar, Israel (and who was framing religious observance in an ethnocentric manner), said “You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22). (Additionally, in this conversation Jesus directly identifies that He is the Jewish Messiah, and that He will instigate a relationship to God that is not ethnically limited).

The replacement theology, that Dice clearly believes, ignores the many places throughout the Bible that identifies the specialness of the relationship between God and the Jews, and that Christians are in fact "grafted in to the vine" (Romans 11:17) and do not supersede that relationship.

edit on 2024-03-31T16:08:34-05:0004Sun, 31 Mar 2024 16:08:34 -050003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Unharmed was asked if he was AI in another thread and he responded that he was.

Poster might be feeding a bot instead of posting his/her original content.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Crazy Bill Donahue has some alt-views about Jesus and Easter as well.

I don't believe most of what he professes, and he is way too trusting of big-science and similar scams, to my liking.

But still an awesome presenter of alternative ideas, and a dude who has reclused himself, and is not trying to sell crap.

Bill Donahue Easter

I was surprised in searching ATS, that there only seems to be one minor thread where he is mentioned here.

EMBIDWV : ( An alternative version of TLDR, that means : " Excuse me, but I don't watch videos. " ) :

Not recommended for our good Christian friends, but good for alternative thinkers.

He mentions other well know virgin-births // immaculate conception stories, from pre-Jesus civilizations ;
Explains the origin of Ishtar ( Easter ), whom came-down to the physical realms, to save ( insert miracle-baby. ) ;
Described how Easter is distracting us from honoring Passover ;
It's mostly about the celestial movements of the sun, the planets, and where they are in the sky, at this time of year ;
He get's into how traditional Eastern philosophies and religions, were incorporated into the bible ;
Meditation is the key ;
Passover is cosmic ;

Bill Donahue Easter and Passover.

( Not to be confused with another Bill or William Donahue, who is a servant of the Catholic-church. )

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm unable to watch the videos at the moment but is there any mention of the Path of the Gnostic Christians?

Because this discussion so far is very much in that vein, the search for wisdom and facts in a huge cacophony of translations, history and scripture.

I've been called a Gnostic Heritic before in theological discussions and always percieved the insult as a backhanded compliment.

Not to say I agree with all the points of the Gnostic Cults, but there have been some parallels in my own attempts to understand the mysteries and spiritual experiences I won't go into here.

Jesus was percieved by the original Christian Gnostics to be the Son of the True God, not the Venegeful Demiurge who they attributted to the vengeful Old Testament Diety.

Just a few cents out of curiousity.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We would be so much further along as Humans if it religion as a cult did not exist - The christian church killed anyone that had ideas other then what they wanted you to believe didn't they even kill the guy that invented eye glasses ?

To this day I don't know why anyone would follow them most evil corrupt people on the planet . How many died in God's name so they could hold power ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join