It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France makes abortion a constitutional right in historic vote

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Aside from in his head of course.

www.reuters.com...
www.houstonchronicle.com...
www.factcheck.org...
news.yahoo.com...
www.ourbodiesourselves.org...
edit on 5-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I just did.

You simply dont like the answer.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Of course not. No one has a roght to anyone elses body... Dont you agree?

Biology says a viable human is created at inplantation. Before implantation a fertilized egg my be expelled therfore it is not viable.

After implantation a fetilized egg , in due course of nature, will become a full functioning adult human.

Thats the bioligical facts

History has shown that at the first sign of life people considered the child a person.. this used to be the quickening but now we know , because of biology, that a viable human is created at implatation and they dont "gain the soul" at quickening

Law is easy... The the constitution firts and formost .. but even after that .. unborn children are people under law and may own property and have a guardian and all sorts of stuff that has been around for over 500 years

I can go into more depth for each one ,but thats a top level overview.

...and see you go straight to the religious .. a cope .

Who says they should? Do you think a growing child is "YOUR" body?

I got news for you... Where you reside doesnt make you any more, or less, a person
edit on am320243111America/ChicagoTue, 05 Mar 2024 11:13:15 -0600_3000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is mandated service.

No it isn't. And it never was, not here when Roe was enforced, and not in France now.

So it's all volunteer and for free and anyone at any time can walk away without repercussions?

lol

Well doctors are paid and working in reproductive health isn't compulsory so no it's clearly not mandated in that respect.

Paying for it arguably is as France does have universal health care but since its routinely rated as amongst the best in the world and costs much less than what the US spends on not providing universal care I don't see widespread uproar in France about that.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: Degradation33

Murder is Murder, except when your a decorated sniper. Then it's a job and that's your target. And that was a fully developed, sentient human. With a pain reflex to the 5.56 bullet that just tore through its chest. I compare it on principle.

You’re trying to compare a man defending himself with a gun in a war to a woman killing an innocent baby?
So much for principles and that wide open window to throw them out of.

Okay, Captain Semantic of The Manosphere, I am trying to compare the mindset of why a woman that doesn't intend on reproducing would feel just as strongly.

It's like a 2nd Ammendment supporter that doesn't own a gun caring on the principle of their inalienable right.

And you're going to have to face that north of 55% of woman feel their body is theirs, completely theirs, regardless of what others think the status of what grows inside it is, to varying degrees all the way to birth.

One cuts of their right off at 15, my own hypothetical self at 22, another at any point during pregnancy it's their right. All may think it should be federally protected. Some my prefer the state uphold their right.

And since we are being semantic, It's not Murder. It's Not life yet. Fetal heartbeats are involuntary electrical signals in the lump of cells that become the heart. It's posturing for politics using female autonomy as leverage. My personal choice is not theirs.

A pro-life person vs. a 2 month pregnant pro choice woman at clinic:

"You're killing your baby!"

"It's not a baby yet."

"But it's developing a brain!"

"Well, it's not going to get to develope it much longer."

"Baby murderer"

"Zealot"

"Trump is going to get elected and shut you godless baby murderers down."

"You have fun with that. I have procedure to get through, like you think this is fun or something."
edit on 5-3-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Who says they should? Do you think a growing child is "YOUR" body?

I think you're saying that the whatever is growing inside MY BODY doesn't have a right to MY BODY. And, I agree. Nobody has a right to MY BODY, without my consent.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The good news is every single one of the anti abortion posters on this thread have adopted at least
3 kids to prove they don't only care about kids before they are born.

The ones who havent asopted can just stfu in all honesty.
edit on 5-3-2024 by Maybenexttime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The law is clear in most forward-thinking nations abortion is perfectly legal up until 24 weeks.

Again an embryo does not constitute a human any more than a seed constitutes a tree.

Good luck with your feelings on the matter all the same but you wont change my mind, a woman's body is her own concern and it has nothing to do with the states.

Go into as much depth as you please Another_Nut you won't change my opinion, or for that matter, the greater percentage of women's opinion.

But they very well change the outcome of your next election down to trying to tell them otherwise.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The first double of the day.

Aborted.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Go into as much depth as you please Another_Nut you won't change my opinion or for that matte

And thats really the point... You dont care about biology, history or law..

You just want a woman to be free of consequences... And it doesnt matter who has to die to achieve those ends

Facts are facts... A child is not "your body" and murder is not "reproductive rights"

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Im saying a child is not, by definition, "your body"

You, and others , seem to think anything you allow inside you loses its rights and thats just false.

Talk about the "location location location" nonsense you spew lol

A person is a person no matter where they are located

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And thats really the point... You dont care about biology, history or law..

Because you say so? LoL

You just want a woman to be free of consequences... And it doesnt matter who has to die to achieve those ends

Another big bold claim full of lies because nobody is dying and abortion does not constitute murder.

Facts are facts... A child is not "your body" and murder is not "reproductive rights"

Indeed, and the fact is that abortion is perfectly legal up until 24 weeks in forward-thinking nations and states where woman are in control of their own bodies.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

Because people who agree with amurding a child are just that....

Murderers.

Words have definitions and as such

Murder is the illegal taking of a life

Abortion is the legal terminating of a pregnancy

While you may not agree with the procedure to label someone a murderer for an abortion is incorrect

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Im saying a child is not, by definition, "your body"

You, and others , seem to think anything you allow inside you loses its rights and thats just false.

Talk about the "location location location" nonsense you spew lol

A person is a person no matter where they are located

But you already said that a person doesn't have the right to another person's body. Nobody has the right to my body without my consent PERIOD

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Like I said, comparing the 2nd amendment rights to ‘abortion rights’ is laughable.

I’ve posted polls showing as women get older the more pro life they become.
Why is that?

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

So do terms like "viable" ... Doesnt stop the killers from changing the definition to suit their murderous desires.

How can killing a pregnant woman produce two murder charges?

You are a , truly, unhinged person

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law that recognizes an embryo or fetus in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb."[1]

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

But it is mostly religious people who push pro life stance... its like the creationist point of view, they've gone so deep into the world of science to try and prove their point they don't realize it just boils down to them really, really, really wanting others to subscribe to their moral codes that they follow.

You shouldn't have to dig that deep to get people to abide by an ideology. When pro choice advocates say they're pro choice, that's it. You most likely won't change their minds to become full on pro life. You might wiggle them down to being moderate, like most people are, but at the same time push back isn't a bad thing.
When people make the argument of an embryo having its own genetic makeup, this isn't something new to biology, hence why the debate has always been tossed around to when should we consider life to specifically begin, and the pro life advocates have whittled it down to the DNA argumnet from the detection of heartbeat. Whats next, how deep do you want to go? Ban masterbation? Tie peoples tubes at birth until they have all their finances in a row?

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

EXACTLY! YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR BODY!

You dont have a roght to mine.... No matter where it is, or was, located...

..even if you are my mother!

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

So do terms like "viable" ... Doesnt stop the killers from changing the definition to suit their murderous desires.

How can killing a pregnant woman produce two murder charges?

You are a , truly, unhinged person

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law that recognizes an embryo or fetus in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb."[1]

Wait Im unhinged for using the properly defined word

Errr Ok

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2

Because people who agree with amurding a child are just that....

Murderers.

Words have definitions and as such

Murder is the illegal taking of a life

Abortion is the legal terminating of a pregnancy

While you may not agree with the procedure to label someone a murderer for an abortion is incorrect

Abortion is the deliberate and intentional act of ending the life of an unborn human being.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join