It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Y Chromosome Vanishing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Interesting article. Go to the link to read what is happening to the Y Chromosome. No time frame is given for when the Y Chromosome in humans will disappear - anywhere from a few thousand years to never. But it is shrinking and that has consequences.

Y Chromosome Vanishing

We were all taught that the X and Y genes determine sex. Women have a pair of XX chromosomes, and men XY. But what you might not have been taught is that the Y chromosome is much smaller, carrying around 55 genes compared to roughly 900 on the X.

All embryos are technically female until around 12 weeks, when a gene on the Y chromosome kicks in and male development starts (hence why men have nipples). However, it seems the Y chromosome wasn’t always so small – and that’s where the problem lies. It’s shrinking – and some scientists worry it could disappear altogether.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Def a Interesting read ....Hmmm

That isn’t the plot for a dystopian sci-fi film, but genuine scientific theory

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Don't worry, as women can be men it shouldn't matter. Two woman can make babies just fine, no men needed

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Saw an article on this the other day and it's really fascinating stuff - there's a branch of rats where y chromosome has gone exinct and instead the pseudo y chromosome is activated by a pacticular gene.

Paper on rats with no y chromosomes

Most of it goes way over my head but it all sounds very interesting.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So the question really is: "Y"?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Is the question Y or Y not?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You are not saying all this transgender stuff is just adopting something too soon that is scientifically inevitable?

I think it is something in the drinking water myself. Both the transgender and y chromosome stuff.

Did colonel Jack Ripper have it right?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Ummm...well...can't be all that estrogen in the water...could it...?

We were all warned...

"It makes the frogs gay"...

And I'm not necessarily speaking about the French...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Agenda-driven bull poop.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was just thinking while reading this that the timing of the discovery is very convenient if not extremely suspicious.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

Science has been hijacked by political agendas, pay a scientist enough and they will prove anything.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

From your source, I get they don't really know what is what.

Could be in a thousand years or infinity...Y chromosome died out in two rodent species, yet they are still around today...

Got any other studies?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

From your source, I get they don't really know what is what.

Could be in a thousand years or infinity...Y chromosome died out in two rodent species, yet they are still around today...

Got any other studies?

This is actually not new.

There's been discussion on this before on ATS.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, and estrogen in the water and the usual other reasons, but the source content is weird. See my comments above. Are there any serious studies on this?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Reductions in the Y chromosome are the result of a stressed population that seeks to limit its own reproduction. This is a natural selection pressure that is further aggravated by microplastics and drops in testosterone.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Reductions in the Y chromosome are the result of a stressed population that seeks to limit its own reproduction. This is a natural selection pressure that is further aggravated by microplastics and drops in testosterone.

I was just discussing microplastics and our demise with my daughter earlier today. Almost no studies on this phenomenon, except she said they tested a variety of people and found every single person had microplastics in their bodies. I was wondering if the rise in young people getting colorectal cancer had anything to do with microplastics, as I saw on the news today.
edit on q00000040229America/Chicago4646America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ha, I have heard this crap since I was in middle school more than 20 years ago. it is so in danger of extinction I had 4 boys and only 1 girl, and she was 4th. Then again, my father had 12 sisters .... maybe I am just rebalancing the generational numbers?
Regards to the water, me and wifey mostly drink tap water. I have been drinking Tampa Tap all my life. I don't think its the water.

it pops up literally every single year this story.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is distressing to females like me who wouldn't be where I am today enjoying the things I enjoy because of the work, minds and protective efforts of strong, yet kind, Y Dominant males.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
This is distressing to females like me who wouldn't be where I am today enjoying the things I enjoy because of the work, minds and protective efforts of strong, yet kind, Y Dominant males.

It's not happening.

The article was written by someone who cited one scientist.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Annee

Yes, and estrogen in the water and the usual other reasons, but the source content is weird. See my comments above. Are there any serious studies on this?

I didn't read it seriously -- partly because it's been discussed before on ATS -- and it seemed kind of a fluff presentation.

The author is a journalist and editor of: Science and Technology Editor, Metro (UK).

What I've learned about Science articles and Magazines -- is just about anyone can submit an opinion. I can't find any source it's linked to.

It doesn't appear that Katherine has any background in science: "Metro has appointed Katherine Fidler as science and technology editor to oversee content production across digital and print. Katherine previously served as head of digital content at Metro. She can be found tweeting @KatEllenFidler."

There's also a Katherine Fidler (Scotland) who writes children's books (do not know if same).

Here's one reference in the article: Professor Jenny Graves en.wikipedia.org...

edit on pm22America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join