It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking poll reveals that 37% of Americans believe in creationism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   
ncse.ngo...

A recent Suffolk University/USA Today poll investigated U.S. public opinion about human evolution. Asked "What comes closest to your belief about humans and evolution?" 29% of respondents preferred "Humans evolved into their present form without divine intervention," 24% preferred "Humans evolved into their present form, but God directed the process," and 37% preferred "Humans did not evolve. They were created in their present form by God," while 8% were undecided and 2% refused to answer.

The survey was conducted between October 17 and October 20 of 2023 and 1,000 registered voters were asked via live telephone interviews from all 50 States plus the District of Columbia.

Anyone can argue this is a small sample and not representative but I am quite confident that a much larger sample will reveal similar results. Another poll was conducted back in 2019 producing similar results: 40% of Americans believe in creationism.

news.gallup.com...

Creationism in relation to the origin of humans is the outdated and debunked religious view that humans are not products of the evolutionary process but they were created by a supernatural force through divine creation and this is contrary to all the evidence we have and by completely dismissing and disregarding facts and science altogether.

The survey revealed that from the 1,000 adult participants around 370 answered humans were created by God and there is no evolution while another almost 240 participants (24%) answered humans evolved but God directed the process.

My understanding is that schools are not doing what they suppose to be doing by teaching kids facts and basic science and by making sure kids are able to distinguish between reality and fiction.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

We live in an open air asylum.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

We live in an open air asylum.

It's really worrying that a large number of adults in the US dismiss science altogether in favour of some debunked medieval view of the origin of humans.

But I don't think the situation is the same let's say in Europe or other parts of the world. In the US these Biblical views are embedded strongly in the educational system and traditionally followed by a good number of American families from generation to generation.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   
There's an increasing distrust of 'the science' these days, and not without reason. When academia partners with government 'the facts' can get muddy as they're mixed in with agenda.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
There's an increasing distrust of 'the science' these days, and not without reason. When academia partners with government 'the facts' can get muddy as they're mixed in with agenda.
That's something very different to what I am describing. Creationism is not a modern view of the origin of humans or the world and the universe. Evolution is a fact and not a product of corrupt science/scientists.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Tsoukalos is a well-known conspiracy theorist who sees aliens everywhere and makes the argument we were created by aliens that people called 'Gods'. There is nothing in support of his views.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Darth Vader.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1
ncse.ngo...

A recent Suffolk University/USA Today poll investigated U.S. public opinion about human evolution. Asked "What comes closest to your belief about humans and evolution?" 29% of respondents preferred "Humans evolved into their present form without divine intervention," 24% preferred "Humans evolved into their present form, but God directed the process," and 37% preferred "Humans did not evolve. They were created in their present form by God," while 8% were undecided and 2% refused to answer.

The survey was conducted between October 17 and October 20 of 2023 and 1,000 registered voters were asked via live telephone interviews from all 50 States plus the District of Columbia.

Anyone can argue this is a small sample and not representative but I am quite confident that a much larger sample will reveal similar results. Another poll was conducted back in 2019 producing similar results: 40% of Americans believe in creationism.

news.gallup.com...

Creationism in relation to the origin of humans is the outdated and debunked religious view that humans are not products of the evolutionary process but they were created by a supernatural force through divine creation and this is contrary to all the evidence we have and by completely dismissing and disregarding facts and science altogether.

The survey revealed that from the 1,000 adult participants around 370 answered humans were created by God and there is no evolution while another almost 240 participants (24%) answered humans evolved but God directed the process.

My understanding is that schools are not doing what they suppose to be doing by teaching kids facts and basic science and by making sure kids are able to distinguish between reality and fiction.

From a statistics class I took, 32 people is the least polling needed to get a representative sample.

Back in college, I took a poll with 8 straight men, 8 gay men, 8 straight women, and 8 gay women.
This long after after the poll I cannot remember racial demographics.
But I can declare women's breasts are a universal attraction. The two in disagreement remarked they were frightened by them. Both gay men.

en.wikipedia.org...

To go to your specific point with this larger sample than my anecdote (which I think has to do more-so with breastfeeding rather than my own unscientific poll).

610 of 1000 think Humans are special.
So 61% of humans are narcissistic?

I think that number is low.

But here is where I will push back.

Prove it:

You actually cannot, which is why your study talks in statistics rather than reality.

I don't want to disagree with you, but you have nothing to support your claim.

By the by, is it up to the schools or the parents to "distinguish between reality and fiction."

Perhaps a combination there in?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You do not have to look any further than DNA, to understand what God is.

The elements of the universe produce a molecule that enables it to be observed and contemplated.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:04 AM
link   

This is like the whole what came 1st ….The chicken or the egg?

Really either side of Creationism vs Evolution could be Argued…And being you made this post I’m sure you are here to Prove Evolution the truth…..And I’m sure someone else will come alone and try and Prove you wrong by saying Creationism is truth.

I don’t think there is any real opposition between the two and maybe they coincide

Either way let’s see all the proof and de-bunkers that get tossed at this

He said She said

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:11 AM
link   

So tell me, when exactly did science debunk creationism, as you claim? Sorry, but a dogmatic belief in evolution as the
catch-all answer doesn't cut it anymore.

Why can scientists look at a relatively simple machine, like an outboard motor, and every one of them would agree that someone obviously designed it, but show them something infinitely mote complex, like DNA, and they'll scoff if you suggest that there is a creator behind it.

Do some research on irreducible complexity. It's all over the place in the natural world. Whether you want to assign it a name, like "God" or not, something is designing it.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:30 AM
link   

More than 50% of US baby boys get circumcised... Creationism? not really surprising if you ask me...

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:44 AM
link   

That's something very different to what I am describing. Creationism is not a modern view of the origin of humans or the world and the universe. Evolution is a fact and not a product of corrupt science/scientists.

I guess since I am not at all familiar with you and you start stating stuff as absolute scientific fact I would like to know how you feel about other science facts so I can judge how smart you are.

Are MRNA jabs scientifically proven safe ? And can men have babies?

If your answer to either is yes then creationism it is.
edit on 28-2-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

ncse.ngo...

news.gallup.com...

From a statistics class I took, 32 people is the least polling needed to get a representative sample.

Back in college, I took a poll with 8 straight men, 8 gay men, 8 straight women, and 8 gay women.
This long after after the poll I cannot remember racial demographics.
But I can declare women's breasts are a universal attraction. The two in disagreement remarked they were frightened by them. Both gay men.

en.wikipedia.org...

To go to your specific point with this larger sample than my anecdote (which I think has to do more-so with breastfeeding rather than my own unscientific poll).

610 of 1000 think Humans are special.
So 61% of humans are narcissistic?

I think that number is low.

But here is where I will push back.

Prove it:

You actually cannot, which is why your study talks in statistics rather than reality.

I don't want to disagree with you, but you have nothing to support your claim.

By the by, is it up to the schools or the parents to "distinguish between reality and fiction."

Perhaps a combination there in?

You seem to be confused...

I am stating a fact not making a claim.
Evolution is a fact. This directly implies creationism is false.

All the evidence we have show clearly no intelligent design but evolution via natural selection.

Perhaps the schools haven't done a good job and you are asking me to prove facts? We all know where the problem is.

Creationism has no leg to stand on and never had. No evidence and no proof of any of the claims made in favour of it.

You don't really seem to know there the burden of proof is just like all other creationists and flat earthers.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I dont care what people think I feel instinctively like there is more to it . And I trust my instinct.

Evolution does not disprove a creator at all . Maybe our creator planned evolution

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennylane123

I guess since I am not at all familiar with you and you start stating stuff as absolute scientific fact I would like to know how you feel about other science facts so I can judge how smart you are.

Evolution is a fact and not a speculation.
You give vibes of a religious person by including the word 'absolute' next to 'fact'. Religious people like to use the phrases absolute truth, absolute fact, absolute morality. Classical arguments.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Evolution is a fact and not a speculation.
You give vibes of a religious person by including the word 'absolute' next to 'fact'. Religious people like to use the phrases absolute truth, absolute fact, absolute morality. Classical arguments.

Maybe answer my questions so I know where we stand and whether your opinion even matters
edit on 28-2-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I dont care what people think I feel instinctively like there is more to it . And I trust my instinct.

Evolution does not disprove a creator at all . Maybe our creator planned evolution

That's what 24% in the survey answered. No evidence there was a creator by the way. All physical and biochemical processes have natural causes. There is none having supernatural causes.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:59 AM
link   

That's what 24% in the survey answered. No evidence there was a creator by the way. All physical and biochemical processes have natural causes. There is none having supernatural causes.
How do you feel about the jabs and can men have babies?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join