It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 breaks out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: stu119
if you have surplus money, spend it and enjoy it, you cant take it with you when you die and your a long time dead.

Thanks, dad.
Lol kidding. I suppose you have no children?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FullExit

Thanks for the reply.

Others have suggested metals, Gold, Silver etc...

But I dont see the point about 'Property', no ones going to be renting and no one will be buying/Selling, especially if cash becomes a thing of the past.

I will take some of it out though... don't have much, like i said but enough for a rainy day/s.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I am lucky enough to have been brought up by the people who lived through such times and to have been born with a old head on young shoulders ! And talked to those people about their experiences and in my mid 20s I lived I a remote location where power cuts were common for 3 or 5 days , I keep a stock of my heart medicine at hand MS but I know everyday can be my last on this planet quite easily and have weaned myself of most doctors medicine , I take Asprine and a blood thinner but only the blood thinner daily ?

I always stay very near running water , a good big supermarket less than a minutes walk away or 20 seconds driving like a mad man
I still keep a NCB suit along with BA in the shed /out building and the boom boom sticks are not far away

Washing clothes /producing electricity if you were to take the drum out of a washing machine and reverse the flow in a river or stream it will produce electricity and wash your clothes at the same time or you can go old school and just wash it In a bucket like my grandmothers generation did .

US old farts who were brought up a hard knock life will just revert to being kids again , milking cows by hand and gutting and cleaning animals seem to be a lost art on the youth of today as are most simple things in life ,even opening a metal Tin can with a tin opener stumps many of them .

The kids will be the zombies in that situation and most people under 45 in my book are kids ,

Suprising how many people never were taught how to make a radio when they were kids www.electronicsforu.com...

I was schooled by the old school back in the day MS , Those people survived and flourished in hard times and somehow lived to be ripe old ages ,smoking like chimneys , drinking like fish and eating all the crap of the day, cold showers or gardening never seemed to give them heart attacks like the MSM would like us to believe now

US old farts who survive , will rise to the top

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

No kidding.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Long Life, stonerwilliam.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

No kidding.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Long Life, stonerwilliam.

Cheers

I hope to have some smokeable tobacco this year from the seeds I have been buying online , Michigane swamp Buck www.abovetopsecret.com... did a excellent thread on that recently .

With my luck I would be there with of tons of tobacco and weed and I forgot to bring the skins , those pages of the bible missing made fantastic skins in the right situations back in the day

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

My grandma with a hand crank washing machine! I was too schooled in those days of no cells, cable, computers. Nothing. A Hippie then to working for/selling out/ becoming... "the man". But, we learned much.

Take care of you and yours based on... you and yours. ✌️

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I can remember my granny having a ringer with a top-loading washing machine next to it in the old kitchen, and a pulley as well. LoL

Probably very late 1970s early 1980s.

Edit: Oh aye, and an old paraffin heater.
edit on 2-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

"Cold showers"? You were lucky. We used to dream of cold showers.....etc

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thinking of Grannie now. My grandma was 4'9"". Handing me a shot at 16 of a chocolate Polish cordial, she and I downed it...and I immediately fell back into a chair. Her? She plopped down laughing in her rocker.

Oh...and her refrigerator had an ice box the size of a loaf of bread.
edit on 02243529America/ChicagoFri, 02 Feb 2024 08:02:35 -060002202400000035 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A refrigerator? ....etc

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Yeah...your right. 'more like a cold box with a little tiny ice...area!

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Cold box?

We used to live in a cardboard box in't middle of road.....and so on.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Technically speaking, if a bank fails, the government will provide compensation up to the amount of £80,000, so if you have more than that available you should open several high interest accounts & split your cash between the different banks, that way you can get the whole lot back as long as you deposit less than £80,000 in each account.

However, if war breaks out, I imagine that accessing your cash will be difficult. Retaining paper copies of bank statements is a good idea to begin with, but generally I'd be worried that the SHTF at the wrong moment, and our funds get appropriated by government to pay for the oiling of the war machine.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join