It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydroxychloroquine use during COVID pandemic may have induced 17,000 deaths

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
From the 21st Century Pandemic Timeline . . .

Shi Zhengli and colleagues found that bats are the natural reservoir of SARS-like coronaviruses. Source: Wikipedia

President George W. Bush National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Preparedness and Response. Source: Whitehouse Archives

Dr. Fauci’s NIH, “concentrations of 10 μM completely abolished SARS-CoV infection" . . . “chloroquine can effectively reduce the establishment of infection and spread of SARS-CoV.” February 25 . . . “it’s game over” for coronavirus. Source: One News Now.

LINK
edit on 1/9/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Are there any documented cases of anyone's life being saved by it's use? I only see that early on during covid, it was said that it had no effect on covid or it's symptoms.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The “new science”

“Patient X was very ill with Covid. If they hadn’t been vaccinated they would have surly died”

The “old science”

“What the hell are you talking about?”
edit on 9-1-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There is an Elephant hiding here...

The PCR testing or otherwise of something something 'flu like'

I still fail to see how anyone proved they actually had cukvid in the first place.

Any unvaxxed people I know who think they had "caught it" used that other cheap drug that also doesn't work called Ivermectin.

They all recovered quickly - but with no blind placebo testing - who knows?

who really knows?

I don't think I have to link in what we already know about the dubious testing.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: WaESN

Ohhhhh Okay so that is why all of the Warehouses that Had Hydroxychloroquine in them were sabotaged and destroyed .

They were trying to save people from Hydroxychloroquine a drug that is not Toxic and is prescribed all the time ALL OVER THE WORLD.

So, there was a shortage of HQC after all these alleged fires everywhere?

They must have rebuilt the factories quickly. Current Drug Shortages

False claim: Two factories producing magnesium stearate, an ingredient used in a drug touted as a potential COVID-19 treatment, blown up simultaneously

Could it be that you were informed by social media, or a site like 'Natural News'?

There was 'a' fire in Taiwan: Filipino worker dies in drug firm blaze

It's funny really you can Type literally anything in on Google and find a link supporting your current opinion .

vaccineimpact.com...

watcot.org...

I have already posted about the fire at the factory in Taiwan. The report that I posted confirmed that the worker that was injured, later died.

Posting links to other reports of same fire doesn't make it more than just one fire. Nor would just the one fire deplete world stockpiles.

And if it as simple as just Googling for something and you'll find it, then please supply some links to confirmation of shortages of HQC. That should be easy, should it not?

Additionally, the claim that the Taiwanese plant is the second largest producer of HQC API is attributed to Liberty Times. The only articles about it by Liberty Times reporters made no such claim. There is an article syndicated from Natural Health News which makes that claim. And since India produces 70% of HQC API, do you really think that the Taiwanese plant fire will make that much of a dent in world production? Why didn't "they" (whomever 'they' may be) target the Indian plant if they wanted to limit production?

But by all means, web search for these and prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Maybe they weren't prescribing it correctly. It sounds like dosage is dependent on weight.

Dosing
Hydroxychloroquine is generally prescribed at a daily dose of 6.5 milligrams (or less) per kilogram of body weight. (Using this formula, the dosage for a 150-pound person would be 443 mg/day, as one kilogram equals 2.2 pounds.) Because HCQ is formulated as a 200 mg tablet, many people taking it for lupus will take two pills per day. Those who are newly diagnosed with lupus may take 400 mg once daily for several weeks while the medication builds up in their system, and then 200–400 mg daily after that.

www.lupus.org...

But here, here might be a problem:

Usage in COVID-19
Usage of hydroxychloroquine in SARS-COV2-infected patients was authorized by FDA on 28th March 2020 [2, 88]. However, in March 2020, the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of HCQ. The suggested dose was 800 mg on day one, followed by 400 mg once daily for a week [79]. But later, due to the adverse cardiovascular events associated with the usage of HCQ in COVID patients, FDA revoked the EUA of HCQ [89]. On the other hand, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends avoidance of high-dosage HCQ to avoid untoward effects [79]. However, the existing BSR guidelines do not consider CVD a contraindication when administering HCQ or other DMARDs [90].

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Since the OP's info states that several countries were involved, did they follow proper protocol in dosage recommendations? One wrong dose of many drugs can kill you.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You're arguing about Fake Narratives that mattered 3 years ago chr0.

HQC is a medicine that has been around for Decades mate , It's been in Africa Treating Malaria forever I mean they just give it to people whether they have Malaria or not

and you want me to believe HQC killed 17,000 people ......

I'm not sure what the big deal is with you and the Government when it comes to any other Covid treatment that is not the Vaccine.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The propaganda in here these days is embarrassing.

In layman's terms:

Joe Rogan on the New Study Which Claims Hydroxychloroquine Caused 17,000 Deaths During COVID

"I asked Robert Kennedy Jr. about this and he sent me the actual study, and he sent me what the results were and here's what was wrong with them. First of all, they administered it to people that were already in the hospital for COVID. You're supposed to give it to people within the first 10-14 days. That's when it's effective. After that, it's not effective. After the infection has reached a certain level. Second of all, there is a level that you would give these people and this was far above that level, and they were giving it to people who are already dying. He was like, they're essentially overdosing them while they're already dying with hydroxychloroquine and saying this contributed to 17,000 deaths."

twitter.com...

edit on 9-1-2024 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: stosh64
This study brought to you by Pfizer & Moderna.

The majority of authors in this paper were French academics. There was a Canadian. I see no links to Moderna or Pfizer.

HQC was touted as a therapeutic but was proven to be ineffective well before the immunizations were available.

This study is just putting some statistics behind the bad advice given at the time by 'the conspirosphere' and supplements marketers like the FLCCC.

It's called a joke, look into it.

and can you cite the studies done prior to the vaccine's being available please.

Three big studies dim hopes that hydroxychloroquine can treat or prevent COVID-19 - Article in Science, 9th June 2020.

Praised by presidents as a potential miracle cure

why not use a Mother Jones link. You make me smile

How wonderful for you.

I didn't use a Mother Jones link, because I used a science.org link.

science.org is run by the 'American Association for the Advancement of Science'. The AAAS was started way back in 1848, which is a just little earlier than COVID-19. I think they are fairly credible.

American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) – Bias and Credibility

Science.org (Magazine) – Bias and Credibility

Oh I love these Organizations run by Scientist .

Funny thing is it's really easy to join one of these Groups and sit on the board , you just have to do one thing ...... And that is Agree with what ever they say

Just sit around and pat each other on the back " Yes yes yes that sounds right and very scientific lets consider that the norm Status Quo . " And if anyone disagrees with us we'll destroy their reputation and make them look like a Crazy Person !! Funny it's always these groups that get the Federal Funding . It's almost like they are saying and thinking whatever the Government tells them to say and think .

It's that Narrative Chestnut again .

What you described here is exactly what's been going on with climate "science" for about 3 decades.

Covid made more people realize how corrupt and petty science has become.

It's actually no surprise. These days science is mostly done by academics who have never had to work a real job a day in their lives. They've been in a scholastic environment their entire lives, sheltered from the real world. They have cliques and rivalries and gossip and backstabbing like a bunch of high school girls because they never had to grow up.
edit on 9-1-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueBaby1
Are there any documented cases of anyone's life being saved by it's use? I only see that early on during covid, it was said that it had no effect on covid or it's symptoms.

If that's all you see, you didn't read very far. The metastudy, linked twice in this thread and lots of other times on ATS in the past, has links to studies of every type, including its effects on mortality. The effects are positive.

You can't conclusively prove any drug has ever saved anyone's life because you'd need to examine an alternate timeline where that specific person in that specific situation wasn't given the drug. All you can do with drugs is look at rates.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 12:49 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

You're arguing about Fake Narratives that mattered 3 years ago chr0.

I didn't author the topic thread, or the recent paper.

HQC is a medicine that has been around for Decades mate , It's been in Africa Treating Malaria forever I mean they just give it to people whether they have Malaria or not

I have heard the same sort of BS said about ivermectin. The thing is, that you cannot have effective medicines that have no potential side-effects or interactions.

and you want me to believe HQC killed 17,000 people ......

That number is the conclusion drawn by the authors of a recent paper that was a meta-analysis of numerous statistics from numerous sources.

I'm not sure what the big deal is with you and the Government when it comes to any other Covid treatment that is not the Vaccine.

I have no particular issues with monoclonals or antivirals.

Nor do I have any issues with either ivermectin nor HQC in correct dosages and against conditions where they have shown great effect under medical supervision and with full cognisance of potential side-effects and interactions.

Hydroxychloroquine Uses, Dosage & Side Effects

edit on 2024-01-10T00:52:51-06:0012Wed, 10 Jan 2024 00:52:51 -060001am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hydroxychloroquine Efficacy Against Corona Virus

How to Discredit a Safe and Effective Drug? Publish Fake Studies

So how did the drug industry discredit HCQ ? They did it with faked or flawed studies. The first discrediting study commonly cited is the 2020 study in JAMA by Dr. Mayla Gabriela Silva Borba, MD in Brazil obviously intentionally designed to discredit the HCQ drug by using lethal, highly toxic doses of HCQ in patients on ventilators. Similarly, other unethical medical studies around the globe used lethal doses of the drug given to end stage ventilator patients. (9)(15) (30) (36) (42-50)

Solidarity and Recovery Studies

The two big discrediting studies, the WHO “Solidarity” and UK “Recovery” clinical trials were published in the Lancet and NEJM. Later it was discovered the data from the two studies was faked coming from a phony company called Surgisphere. Both discrediting studies in the Lancet and New England Journal were promptly retracted. (42-50)

In June 2020, Dr. Meryl Nass writes:

Solidarity was being conducted by the World Health Organization, on 3500 Covid-19 patients at 400 hospitals, across 35 countries. The trial was suspended following the fraudulent Surgisphere report in The Lancet that claimed 35% higher death rates in patients receiving Hydroxychloroquine. But when The Lancet retracted the report, the WHO resumed the Solidarity trial. More than 100 countries expressed interest in participating in the trial.

Recovery experiment used very similar doses. It was sponsored by the Wellcome Trust (GlaxoSmithKline) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the UK government. The experiment was conducted at Oxford University, on 1,542 patients of these 396 patients (25.7%) who were in the high dose Hydroxychloroquine arm, died. (42)

It`s important to know , that they sabotaged on purpose clinical trials about Hydroxychloroquine . Chris Whitty ordered the NHS to give alleged Covid-19 patients lethal doses of Hydroxychloroquine to kill them and sabotage trials

In the RECOVERY Trial and the REMAP-CAP Trial they used an extremely high and potentially lethal dose: 800 mg at 0 and 6 hours followed by 400 mg at 12 hours and then every 12 hours for up to nine additional days. A patient was therefore given 2,400 mg in the first 24 hours of treatment.

According to David Jayne, professor of clinical autoimmunity at Cambridge University: “Hydroxychloroquine overdose is associated with cardiovascular, neurological, and other toxicities, occurring with doses over 1500 mg, and higher doses are associated with fatality.”

Of course there is dangerous/lethal dosage also with Hydroxychloroquine ....all they had to do was do it all wrong...then declare the study results and say that drug wont help any and can be even dangerous uh

Example:
the dosages are wrong (too high, too low), are timed wrong (too little, too late, next doses delayed) or are missing important steps (Azithromycin or ZINC WITH HCQ)

So basically , if done it all wrong ...which they did on purpose , people died . BUT that was not Hydroxychloroquine fault

This drug is good when given early and with right dosages , and since it`s zinc ionophore why not give zinc with it to boost it`s effectiveness

Access to Hydroxychloroquine Is Associated with Reduced COVID-19 Mortality: A Cross-Country Analysis

from the analysis:

The availability of HCQ consistently reduces fatalities in all regressions. According to the coefficient estimate on HCQ in column 2, if the United States had made HCQ widely available, recorded COVID-19 fatalities during the study period would have been reduced from 515,000 to 420,000 [17]. The 2SLS estimation in columns 3 and 5 also have a statistically significant coefficients on HCQ that are roughly twice as large, but the column 2 or 4 estimations are more appropriate given that we find no evidence of endogeneity. Extending the analysis beyond the United States to all countries where HCQ access was restricted/unavailable, COVID-19 fatalities would have been reduced by about 520,000 if HCQ had been accessible

edit on 10-1-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

This post will be ignored hard by our resident Big Pharma apologists.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Usage in COVID-19
The suggested dose was 800 mg on day one, followed by 400 mg once daily for a week [79].

HOLY CRAP!! When I was on it, the doses were a choice between 200mg and 400mg.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
In the RECOVERY Trial and the REMAP-CAP Trial they used an extremely high and potentially lethal dose: 800 mg at 0 and 6 hours followed by 400 mg at 12 hours and then every 12 hours for up to nine additional days. A patient was therefore given 2,400 mg in the first 24 hours of treatment.

HOLY CRAP!!

Seriously ... I was on it for 12 years. 400mg a day. Never higher.
Dose choices were 200mg and 400mg.
I can't imagine 2400mg in 24 hours. that's insane.

Yeah .. I suppose you could kill people with that.
But not with the 400mg a day like is supposed to be taken.
THAT I don't buy.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeeh the dosage is what either heals or kills .

for example , giving someone too high dosage potassium can kill , and it has happen actually . So even much needed minerals turn to lethal with wrong dosage.

Your dosage was the " normal" so no issues with it ...

I think they knew exactly what they done with those HCQ trials, giving insane dosages HCQ to patients, psychopaths in action . Then they started the campaign against HCQ , it was on the news media everywhere as i remember

Chris Whitty ordered the NHS to give alleged Covid-19 patients lethal doses of Hydroxychloroquine to kill them and sabotage trials – now the fate of the nations children rests in his hands

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Seems so

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
fox59.com...
you can have too much water and die.

it seems this was all a horrible effort to discredit a possible prophylactic at the expense of people's lives. Who would think human beings could be so cruel and uncaring. And to have people take up for this kind of thing, shows a heartless monster.
edit on 10-1-2024 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

edit on 1/11/2024 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Longer writing about this same subject that the OP had :

Did HCQ Really Cause 17,000 Deaths? Experts Weigh in on Flawed But Highly Touted Study

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join