It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life as a simulation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Could be something to it.

Some of the dreams i have daskakik, i don't care to remember.

As to rules, well if you realise you are dreaming, i imagine you make your own.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
That is the thing, in lucid dreams I go all jedi master mode. There was one lucid dream where I was running with this girl I had just met who was being chased by some bad guys.

We jumped into a car and shots rang out, I noticed a little dog running down the street and opened the door scooped him up and had him lick the windows which made them bulletproof. We sped off with bullets just bouncing off the back of the car.

That is what I meant by OBEs are like reality, at least when you stay on earth. Other than maybe being able to move like a ghost, when you first exit you are in your room with your stuff just as you left them. If you step outside you are on the same street, with the same cars, houses, signs and street lights. If you have a friend that lives 4 blocks away, you can go there and his house will be there.

I guess a term taken from the gamer world would be that you are still inside the game map, the simulation is always running.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I guess a term taken from the gamer world would be that you are still inside the game map, the simulation is always running.

Well, i hope it's not reminiscent of the likes of "Starfield" maps.

Where im a bit despondent and unimpressed i have to say.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It is worse, it is this world, the one you turned to "Starfield" hoping to block it out of you mind for a while.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   

It is worse, it is this world, the one you turned to "Starfield" hoping to block it out of you mind for a while.

Thats we@ds job daskakik.

Plus we could argue that is all a distraction, including communication here on ATS.

End of the day, life is what we make it.

Possibly worth also keeping in mind that distractions can serve various purposes in life.

And while they are often seen as negative, in moderation, they can be beneficial for mental well-being and productivity.

How do you imagine the likes of artists draw inspiration for a start if not for the distractions of life?

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I didn't mean it in a negative way and yes entertainment is a big part of life. I was just saying that a disappointing game is still part of the distraction from the mundane, which is the place you are at if you OBE and stay close to home.

Oh, yeah and maybe that is why some "rules" might still apply.

edit on 3-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   
A Matrix of knowledge, like the "tree of knowledge - the knowledge of good and evil" simulator, rooted deep into the consciousness of being and thus the manifest universe branched from out of this nexus/core/central. The matrix is a god reality defining to know and understand good and evil as illusion, because of change, that "Time never was, when man was not."

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023
Lately there has been quite a few mainstream ponderings that claim that we are not in reality but part of a complex simulation.

So, basically we are all in a complex video game in their minds.

So what are sentient and reliable choices when living your life out as part of a grand video game where you have no idea what the point of it is?

Obvious issue here is that since you really have no free will, nor any hope of an afterlife as far as I can tell, then basically you can commit almost any horrific act and say two things. First you can say that your actions were guided by your coding (Islam already beat you to that). Second is that you can say that there is no reward or punishment for your poor behavior, and therefore nothing any character does in this game really even matters other than to make the game more or less interesting. Atheist beat you to that.

So to me, I think this new idea of "reality" is a lazy attempt at understanding life and it is being preferred by people that already tend to want to vew their own lives as movies that other people really do need to pay attention to.

Other than video glitches that I see on "mystery shows", which can be CGI or just literal tricks of the eye, I see absolutely no real evidence that our lives are just a really big and complex video game.

Someone show me how I am incorrect please.

I have come across the same argument several times in the past few years and I don't see how life is a simulation. It's most likely not a simulation and I don't see how so many random parameters have bern programmed to be part of this simulation.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MRX212

I have come across the same argument several times in the past few years and I don't see how life is a simulation.

Yeah, but that would be the point would it not?

It's most likely not a simulation and I don't see how so many random parameters have bern programmed to be part of this simulation.

The number of random parameters a program can have is theoretically unlimited, depending on the programming language and the design of the program.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, I am ready for the "simulation" to be over. So ready. I don't want to be alive anymore. Give me death. Tonight please.

I have some people's "simulation" I want to destroy.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gouldielockstitch

Well, I am ready for the "simulation" to be over. So ready. I don't want to be alive anymore. Give me death. Tonight please.

That sounds worrying buddy.

Suicide is not the answer ile tell you that, and all you will serve to achieve is to hurt the people who love you that you leave behind to wonder why.

Don't hurt anyone else Gouldielockstitch.

You get that you are sounding txt book now.

Think about it?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I still think that chaos mitigates against this being a simulation.
For instance, pretty much no matter how well you calculate it, there is no way of accurately predicting the motion, energies and positions of just 15 pool balls after a break.

If it was a simulation then there would be a mechanism for predicting their motion and respective energies and thus their positions.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The three-body problem is still a doozy never mind 15 pool balls after a break.

www.sciencedirect.com...#:~:text=The%20three%2Dbody%20problem%20describes,the%20influence%20of%20 the%20Sun.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gouldielockstitch

Like I posted earlier, thinking that you are living in a simulation is not mentally healthy. Snap out of that way of thinking.

Go for a walk outside. Think what good you can do to make this place a better world.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The three-body problem is still a doozy never mind 15 pool balls after a break.

www.sciencedirect.com...#:~:text=The%20three%2Dbody%20problem%20describes,the%20influence%20of%20 the%20Sun.

Yeah, needs explaining though, while everyone understands a pool break

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Very true.

Needs to be resolved through as well as explained.

While a system of 3 bodies interacting gravitationally is chaotic, a system of 3 bodies interacting elastically isn't. There is no general closed-form solution to the three-body problem, meaning there is no general solution that can be expressed in terms of a finite number of standard mathematical operations.

And to date, as far as im aware has not been solved in a general analytical form.

The reason i brought it up though over the 15 pool balls scenario is that said scenario would be on a fixed plane(pool table) so to speak, and the balls arranged in a specific pattern as opposed to the three-body problem.

Which is somewhat more chaotic and applicable to the three-dimensional nature of our reality, or that which we think we experience.
edit on 5-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure how this would prove or disprove a simulation.

Let's take for example a video game of golf. Let's say on a Wii. You get wind speed and direction, the game has a set of formulas to plot a flight depending on your swing and even a set of formulas of how the ball will move after it hits the ground. All you can do is pick a golf club, gather the info available and try to adjust your swing to try and get the ball where you want.

There is no doubt that it is a simulation, even if you can't accurately predict that spot.

Also, the same can be said for a real world golf shot. You have the laws of physics and whatever variables in your swing making it impossible to predict the final resting spot of the ball.

edit on 5-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
I'm not sure how this would prove or disprove a simulation.

Let's take for example a video game of golf. Let's say on a Wii. You get wind speed and direction, the game has a set of formulas to plot a flight depending on your swing and even a set of formulas of how the ball will move after it hits the ground. All you can do is pick a golf club, gather the info available and try to adjust your swing to try and get the ball where you want.

There is no doubt that it is a simulation, even if you can't accurately predict that spot.

Also, the same can be said for a real world golf shot. You have the laws of physics and whatever variables in your swing making it impossible to predict the final resting spot of the ball.

but, you can write a program to take the place of the controller and, maybe after a few goes you can get it to pretty much play a perfect hole every time because the "chaotic" things are known rather than chaotic so all you need to do is replace the less than perfect thumb on a thumbstick.

Thats how you know its a program or a simulation, because there is a finite level of calculation involved, the pool balls or the three bodies in orbit though, is too chaotic a system to predict accurately.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dust2023

It has been said that most people walk through life with blinders on, so is that the programming of the supposed matrix? If that's the case then for those people it really doesn't matter if it's real or a matrix because they are not paying attention any way?

For those of us who question existence, is it a futile endeavour?

As for our essence choosing a human life/experience within this reality or alternatively within this matrix, could it be that we actually create both scenarios through choice (free will), even if that free will is to walk through life with blinders on? Even if we study and muse about existence, aren't we still walking through that exercise with blinders on?

If our past life memories come with us locked up in our unconscious, what's interesting to me is that I've been reading about the unconscious which permeates to the pre-conscious which then permeates to our dreams, which if we can remember those dreams will give us messages thereby entering our conscious, but are those messages reality?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's called sarcasm.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join