It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Seen The Price Of Eggs Lately!?!?!?!?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If you don't have enough money for eggs, eat black caviar)))

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
a reply to: JAGStorm

I noticed a very fishy taste in some eggs I bought not long ago, they didn’t taste good at all. Thought it might be the olive oil I used, had a weird taste nonetheless. Interesting to know it was probably in the eggs.

Texture is off too. Wonder if poultry is weakened by poor feed now.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I heard that there were a fixed number of eggs, and that after about 35, production slows down until finally that number is reached, and then they stop altogether.

It's not quite the same for sperm.

Not so sure about people's revelations about crabs.

edit on 15-12-2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I noticed a very fishy taste in some eggs I bought not long ago, they didn’t taste good at all. Thought it might be the olive oil I used, had a weird taste nonetheless. Interesting to know it was probably in the eggs.

Good question. I’ve noticed the taste before but never to the extent of that one batch I got. I didn’t exactly notice it as a fish taste but that it was off tasting. When reading your post mentioning fish taste, I was like ahhhh yep that’s exactly what I was tasting, strange. I may do some research on the subject tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:09 AM
link   
They've gone up a buck or so in my area for pasture raised. I'm on the Central Coast, California. Considering a rise in just about everything else, I consider the increase to be on par with the rest of the BS.🤷🏻

SSDD.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I heard eggs have carbon in them, heads up.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 03:38 AM
link   

So, found this and it was consistent with everything else I read on the subject. BTW: Lots of info about the”fish” taste out there, come to find out.

"Fishy" taste is due to the presence of trimethylamine (TMA). The reason some hens lay eggs with high amounts of TMA boils down to diet and genetics. Poultry require an essential vitamin called choline to live. Choline is regularly added to the feed of poultry as a supplement. Some hens deposit large amounts of TMA in their eggs when fed large amounts of choline. This is due to genetics. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... So, long story short, you sometimes get fishy eggs because the hens are fed a lot of choline, and because for some of those chickens, their DNA predisposes them to metabolizing choline into TMA (among other things) and depositing it into their eggs.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Lots of info about the”fish” taste out there, come to find out.

Went to one yard recently, had some kind of new plant growing with a strong petrochemical smell going? Better returns than corn in keeping the diesel engines going?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   
(Spam removed)
edit on 15/12/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   

BTW, Take that fu##ing mask off your face. It’s annoying and old.
a reply to: KKLOCO

Actually it’s a great reminder of how fu##ing stupid people are, absolute brain dead morons.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Ask your neighbor of hes buying his feed from Tractor Supply. Their generic bird seed is now so rancid the birds wont eat it since 2020. We had been buying it since 2010 but NO more.

I had it in a covered pail and it was full of wasp larva. Must not be tasty wasps as the birds still would not eat it as I dumped all along the shoreline

Our eggs in South Carolina taste fine

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WelcomeTheJoy

You have a strong will to work at it as you do. So how do we trade with other nations and neighbors, measure our give and take? I don't want some sign up massive paper work, what is the meat in how to take down money and still make things work?

I know the way we have money has its problems, if you have a better answer I am listening.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I heard they killed millions of chickens because of bird flu. Could have something to do with it.

BUT at the same time, all groceries are insanely expensive. We had to cut back on what we are eating. We weren't extravagant before, but now we really are cut down to just the essentials. No snacks. No meats like steak or pork etc, just chicken.

I don't know what we are going to do when retirement hits. Cut down to two small meals a day? Probably.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Eggs-Detroit, this a.m...$1.79 dozen, Walmart, Target, Instacart...gas last night $2.45 gallon.

Amazon eggs(!) #18..$9.per 18.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I paid $3 for an 18 pack yesterday. Then filled my tank for $2.25 a gallon.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Grocery and retail food stores are growing steadily and some are making record profits, now tell me what's going on?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Grocery and retail food stores are growing steadily and some are making record profits, now tell me what's going on?

Covid showed the grocery store they could have unlimited profits

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Covid showed the grocery store they could have unlimited profits

Exactly. Gouging and more gouging, why? because they can get away with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Ask your neighbor of hes buying his feed from Tractor Supply. Their generic bird seed is now so rancid the birds wont eat it since 2020. We had been buying it since 2010 but NO more.

I had it in a covered pail and it was full of wasp larva. Must not be tasty wasps as the birds still would not eat it as I dumped all along the shoreline

I used to have another neighbor that had the most amazing eggs, and bacon I’ve ever had. Farm fresh. Then she got divorced from her husband (running the hobby farm was too much, let’s face it, farm work is romanticized a lot, people don’t realize the work, the dirt, the heat the cold, the death of animals, the attack on animals from other animals, and of course humans expecting grocery store like service) but anyways, they got divorced and it was never the same. I’ve never had bacon as good as that place ever, nothing even close. Eggs are starting to get that way too.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

I used to have another neighbor that had the most amazing eggs, and bacon I’ve ever had. Farm fresh. Then she got divorced from her husband (running the hobby farm was too much, let’s face it, farm work is romanticized a lot, people don’t realize the work, the dirt, the heat the cold, the death of animals, the attack on animals from other animals, and of course humans expecting grocery store like service) but anyways, they got divorced and it was never the same. I’ve never had bacon as good as that place ever, nothing even close. Eggs are starting to get that way too.

I used to have a neighbor that had the most amazing farm fresh, free range, non-gmo, gluten free, no pesticide, no antibiotic, non-trans, all inclusive most delicious smelling eggs ever! But I'm pretty sure it was sorcery.....or witchcraft. My nose was a little stuffy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join