It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link Between Schizophrenia and Cat Ownership Proven

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Must.....go....feed....Carl. I obey....

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OmegaLogos

Personal Disclosure: My mental health diagnosis is as follows ...

I am a violent [I BITE people]. paranoid [I dont trust, I test], schizophrenic [I hear disembodied voices and I hallucinate], with psychopathic tendencies [I like to be in charge or have a lot of power, thank you very much].

A cat typed this.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I love cats. Don't be dirty.

OBEY THE AVATAR!!!!
edit on Decam31amf0000002023-12-09T11:32:35-06:001135 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Cats don't see their hoomans as their owners. We are just "staff".

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Carl here. U kno 2 much, hooman...

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I love cats. Grew up with cats. I'd love to have one or two. But I"m married to a 'dog person' so we have a dog. He acts like a cat though. Total snoot. Refuses to come when called. Sleeps in the sunshine by the front door during the day. Picky eater like a cat, unlike how dogs usually just gobble everything down instantly.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They may drive you crazy but you'll be healthy while you lose your mind

Domestic cats, servals, ocelots, and pumas produce fundamental, dominant, or strong frequencies at exactly 25 Hz and 50 Hz, the two low frequencies that best promote bone growth/fracture healing [Chen et al., Zhong. Wai Ke Za Zhi. 32, 217–219 (1994)]. These four species have a strong harmonic exactly at, or within 2 Hz of 100 Hz, a frequency used therapeutically for pain, edema, wounds, and dyspnea.

The Felid Purr - a healing mechanism?

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Throw a ball for a dog and it will run and fetch it.

Throw one for a cat and it's "you threw it, you get it".

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2
Toxoplasmosis makes mice less fearful of cats - so they are easier to catch.

I've heard too many stories of people not liking cats until they are near one and then they become crazy about them.

Nope I had 2 cats back in the day, I will never do it again. Rabbits or dogs for me.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Degradation33

I refuse to believe that this is legit.

And so do I.

I'm in two minds about it, myselves...

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I saw a video of a guy laying on his bed playing with his cat. He tossed a little crumpled up ball of aluminum foil and the cat would retrieve it and bring it back for another game of fetch.

It really depends on the cat.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
One of the local feral farm cats has decided to invite himself in to sleep near the radiator on recent cold nights. The cat (Chairman Meow) doesn't seem to mind him and encourages him inside so seems mean to discourage him.

Apparently cats are meant to be fantastic at picking up on depressed people either via smell or body language - have a couple of relatives who were adopted by feral cats within days of their wife or husband passing away. The purrs and petting are meant to decrease symptoms of distress while the cat gains food and safety so both benefit.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I tell you this well known fact about cats crops up every time someone who's never heard of it finds out about it.

Also did you know that sun screen causes drowning?
They found that almost eveyone who drowned at a beach or a pool had sunscreen on.

Or every time it comes across someone's newsfeed and they think, "Hey, wouldn't this be a fun thread to make. Let's do a cats vs. dogs thread. Hope it is a positive fight thread, and free of people who come in and try to make it actually hostile, because it's about pets."

But thank you for your assumption why I posted this.

Who cares if it's old news? It's something less annoying to go at each-other about.

And the equivalent version of that is, "people who wear sunscreen die of cancer," because it has the "link with disease," attribute to it.
edit on 9-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I saw one of a Jackdaw on a snowy roof with a jam jar lid. He'd take it to the top in his beak and then use it to sledge down. Then he'd take it back up and do it again and again.

He was having great fun.

Carl hates tin foil.

Must go. He's had his dinner and is demanding his Dreamie treats.

Must.....obey....

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: FlyersFan

Throw a ball for a dog and it will run and fetch it.

Throw one for a cat and it's "you threw it, you get it".

By chance did you get the only "slow" cat?
Only other option is you just aren't lazy enough. Ya toss a toy, if cat wants to play they bring it back. Be patient, remain glued to sofa. Ignore the "cute faces". Cats easily catch an carry, mice, rats, squirrels, snakes, an their own offspring. If you actually believe they are incaable of fetching, your cat should have been recruited by the CIA's disinformation squad by now.
Your Cat's goooood!!! Damn!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Doubt it. Had more than ten over the years. None were exactly "slow".

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

for 10 years the tabby in my profile slept on my pillow against my head purring every night... without a doubt the absolute best sleep of my 51 years.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Did you know that dogs actually consider cat poop a delicious snack delicacy? So. it's not surprising to find that dogs are just as likely as cats be infected:
StoutBronx LINK
Before our cat died, we had to keep the litter box blocked off with an increasingly 'dog proof' set-up, as periodically our pooch would manage to circumvent the barrier and enjoy her favorite treat!

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My cat will fetch his favorite little purple toy mouse when I throw it. Hell even do some flying leaps in the air and catch it them bring back to me. Funny cat. Ohh and he talks in cat which is weird.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If you can put up with the mania, I strongly endorse raising a cat with a husky, since siberians act cat fairly often you end up with cats acting dog like as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join