It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish Saxo Bank predicted the end of capitalism in the US in 2024

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Danish bank Saxo Bank, which publishes a series of "shocking forecasts" every year, has released new predictions warning of major events that could occur in 2024. The organization believes that next year the world will face two serious crises: the United States, in particular, will face the “end of capitalism” and the first non-standard presidential election.

"The US government understands that political stability depends on its ability to continue financing a huge deficit through more US Treasury issuance, thus lower interest rates. Therefore, increasing the domestic attractiveness of US Treasuries versus stocks becomes critical. Under intense pressure from the White House , Congress makes capital gains and interest income on US Treasuries tax-free. With government debt in the hands of domestic investors, the cost of funding becomes less volatile.

This dramatic move marks the end of capitalism, as money rotates from private corporations to the public, and holding riskier assets becomes more expensive. Counterintuitively, the ‘Twelve Titans’ consolidate their market dominance, as they benefit from long-term lower cost of funding, while the rest of the stock market collapses. Despite the government's failure to resolve inequality, lower borrowing costs extinguish social unrest. What follows is a long period of nationalization and government intervention in critical sectors that are struggling to attract capital."

Link

Interestingly, in such conditions, Russia remains the only large country where developed capitalism exists.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   

LONDON/MOSCOW, Nov 16 (Reuters) - Western investors in Russian companies are bracing for a new presidential decree under consideration in Moscow which they fear could force them to sell their shareholdings to the Russian government at big discounts.

Reuters

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
That was an interesting read, in their website section called outrageous predictions.

I think their predictions of 'World hit by major health crisis as obesity drugs make people stop exercising', or 'With oil at $150, Saudis buy Champions League franchise' are far more likely than the end of capitalism in the US though!

Interesting read, but I'll file it in the outrageous predictions section of my memory, because I'd predict another US civil war first, before capitalism ever dies in the US!🤣👍

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
will face the “end of capitalism” and the first non-standard presidential election.

What is a 'non-standard' presidential election???

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

LONDON/MOSCOW, Nov 16 (Reuters) - Western investors in Russian companies are bracing for a new presidential decree under consideration in Moscow which they fear could force them to sell their shareholdings to the Russian government at big discounts.

Reuters

Sanctions for sanctions. A robbery is never in vain.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

will face the “end of capitalism” and the first non-standard presidential election.

It’s kind of like countries that keep the same leader for decades while calling it elections.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It’s kind of like countries that keep the same leader for decades while calling it elections.

Well, or they simply pass on the presidency by inheritance, from father to son or from husband to wife.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Well, or they simply pass on the presidency by inheritance, from father to son or from husband to wife.

There’s been one son that I know of and no wives.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

What about Barbara Bush? And Hillary too.
Not to mention Netanyahu and Queen Elizabeth.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

What about Barbara Bush? And Hillary too.

Not to mention Netanyahu and Queen Elizabeth.

Believe it or not, none of those people you listed were a US president.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The hereditary (token) head of state of the UK is hardly comparable to US presidents who hold executive power.
The UK Crown (currently King Charles) has no real power to do anything, he's a token, and does whatever the UK parliament tells him pmsl!

Now, as a Russian, you would perhaps serve yourself better by questioning the number of elections that Putin has won?
He actually does have executive power, and I suspect he's only won that power through voter fraud, threats and bribes...not as a result of overwhelming love from Russian people?!

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

The people choose Putin. Is this not the main sign of democracy? Not American, but the Russian people.

In general, you are talking in vain with me about democracy. Personally, I am a monarchist, and count democracy with a monstrous evil.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Most favored nation as a trade partner that up lifts 'third world'; Would have to be abolished for that to occur.

Since enacting such a policy at the UN level; It has dragged the US into A lot of world affairs against it's design as a neutral stance in regard to other countries unless directly attacked.

Being drawn into the war of Europe was the start of the League of Nations agreement; That led to the UN and most favored nation third world policy.

If wishes were horses... Beggars would ride.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Personally, I am a monarchist

Wow, the part I highlighted surprises me!
I'm indifferent to the monarchy in UK, it's a system I cannot change, and although it could be changed if the people want it to change...I don't see that happening in my lifetime!

If the Russian people did choose Putin fairly, then good luck to them, but his presidency smells like a monarchy to me lol
edit on 5-12-2023 by AdultMaleHumanUK because: Tag issues

edit on 5-12-2023 by AdultMaleHumanUK because: Tag issues

edit on 5-12-2023 by AdultMaleHumanUK because: More tag issues lol

edit on 5-12-2023 by AdultMaleHumanUK because: Tag issues again

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The thing that I hear of that more often than not? Is term limits... However; Run limit is more accurate in Russia's case.

For the Russian Presidency it appears to have been from their first President and Vice President; There and back again until... The Vice President tried to 'rule' the Ukraine without Russia.

Hence the war breaking out between them.

Supposedly the Vice President absconded with Russian money to the Ukraine and Russia called fowl... Whether that was the case or not?

Bouncing between President and Vice President as the only two candidates doesn't really speak of what a democracy is all about unless one represents The Republic and the other; The Democracy meaning the President is either the Republic or the Democracy and the Vice President either the Republic or Democracy as "The two parties" as a "system".

Not sure if the political theory and two party system was grasped properly as that is more; Populism between two individuals ad nauseam.

The Democracy people are used to is the people are one or the other not just the representatives of the people for which 'it' (The Republic) stands.

Populism is usually equated with idealism with; Monarchical dreams... Meaning totalitarianism.

edit on 5-12-2023 by crowf00t because: sp

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

SAXOS is apparently a bunch of analysts on Cocaine. The USA stock market is on an upswing. So you dont belive me? Well you seem to believe the propaganda EURO carp you dredge to trash the USA. Lets revisit this thread next year in 2025. Comrade?

Go to Yahoo Finance
LH click on DOW 30
Expand the graph to full size, LH click
LH click One Year Chart [1Y]
LH click Indicators
RH click Moving Average
Moving Average defalts to 50 day, change colr to green instead of red. Save
RH click Moving Average
Change 50 to 200 and color from purple to red. Save
RH click Moving Average
Change 50 to 16 and color from purple to gold. Save
LH click Indicators
RH click MACD. Save
LH click Indicators
RH click RSI. Save
LH click Indicators
RH click Accumulation / Distribution. Save

OK so what do you see? Green line just cross over 200 day moving average. Thats a GOLDEN CROSS!. Gold line is also above red line. MACD is upward.

What is a Golden Cross

So now all we need now is some Bud Light, bubble bath and prostitues to go as all indicators are on thier way up! Right? You can bring the cavier but keep your Donald Trump rubber duckee at home

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

👍

Capitalism is OK, usury is not OK. So I'm hoping the practice of usury collapses instead.

usury

Part 1: An Old Argument Against Usury

Dante Alighieri, in Canto XI of his Inferno, places usurers in the 3rd ring of the 7th circle of hell. Those who lend money at interest, then, are placed lower in hell than the greedy, the gluttonous, and the lustful. In fact, they are placed in the same circle as (and a lower ring than) murderers!

Nor was Dante unusual in his condemnation of usury. Plato and Aristotle each condemned...

edit on 12/5/2023EAMR by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

Thank you! But I want to complement you. There is a huge difference between European monarchies and Russian. I once wrote a thread on ATS on this topic. I'll try to find her now, but it will take some time. I have a lot of threads on my ATS)))

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

Interesting. But, my friend, you are captive of your own concept and structure. The world is much more diverse, and you are increasingly convinced that your concepts do not work in the rest of the world, and even more so in Russia.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

Not to mention many investigations have led to the possibility of Putin being the richest person in the world. That’s very curious for a supposed capitalist country when a life long “public servant” is being humored for the richest person on the planet.

It’s no secret that the US struggles with things like insider trading with some of our politicians. But as far as I can tell, that leads to millions, not billions.

There are some politicians here who have amassed wealth through their influence with speaking fees or deals with Netflix *cough Obamas cough*. But that’s quite different than owning some of the companies that switched from public ownership to private, and gaining that ownership because of your power. It’s believed he partially owns some of those large companies that switched from public hands to private for pennies on the dollar.

I’m just again re emphasizing that these are allegations, but every one is welcome to go down this rabbit hole, for me it’s pretty convincing he’s at the least a billionaire, which should raise eyebrows for someone who’s only worked in government.

There’s also reports there’s a targeted campaign for de privatization of sectors of the economy. Essentially bolstering the already oligarch type economy.

That said, there can be similar critiques of America with certain sectors like tech. And I think these conversations should be had, with me often agreeing there’s too much centralization of power without proper competition. But I’d still argue again OP which tries to paint Russia as more capitalist.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join