It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Full of it .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GotterDameron23

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
How many times are we going to see the same people on ATS , on Twitter or X , the same predictable characters on College campuses jumping on Band Wagons with out doing there due diligence or even slightly researching the subject they are frantically Protesting about ?

You didn't catch on when a Black girl played the Little Mermaid? No one did any research and went all indignant that people would be offended by a Black girl playing the Little Mermaid.

If they'd done some research, they would have easily found that Ariel was the Daughter of the Greek God Triton and the Greek Goddess Athena. I don't know about you, but I'd call that Cultural Appropriation. But I guess she could be Black. If she was adopted by a Greek God and Goddess.

And yet everyone jumped on the bandwagon to defend the Black girl. And didn't denounce and condemn the Appropriation of Greek Culture.

I do feel bad for the actress. It's definitely not her fault that no one else did the research about it. She did what she was paid to do. And it sounds like she was excellent at it.

But yeah, this has become the country of defending bullsh!t.

People getting crazy about it and it was written 200 years ago by this guy and of course Disney destroyed it. It's so far gone from the origional it should be called ... The Little Mermaid, the slaughtered rendition. There were many re dogs. It is frustrating when people do these things . It's like 5 little monies then it's five little pumpkins then it's 5 little raceways and five little... and don't get me started on the gingerbread man, then gingerbread girl then gingerbread cowgirl. And how about the many ways little red riding hood has been altered... ( sorry ... I work in pre-k and it is good to compare and contrast with the kiddies, but it is a bit nuts. In 2 weeks we will be comparing Tje night before Christmas with The night before Kwanzww, and The Night before Hanukkah.

This kind of turned into a rant I didn't mean for it to. Why does every story need to be altered to make another story. Why not just make Original Stories instead of piggybacking off of others. I know I know everybody says all ideas have been thought of by somebody else first. That may be true but don't reinvent the wheel.
the Little Mermaid original
edit on 19-11-2023 by Cre8chaos79 because: Added stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Honestly who cares?

People are spending so much energy on this while ignoring their own country.

People, even folks here, are so easily distracted.

congrats on being played.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cre8chaos79

Unfortunately it's all hollywood does.

nothing is original, just stolen and slightly changed.

just like cinderella, snow white, etc etc. all taken from gruesome horror stories and altered to make it kid friendly which i actually find kind of weird.
edit on 19-11-2023 by jidnum2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Nice emotional rant OP. I can only think of my all-time favorite French expression: "La culture c'est comme la confiture, moins on en a, plus on l'étale"

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Proutprout
Nice emotional rant OP. I can only think of my all-time favorite French expression: "La culture c'est comme la confiture, moins on en a, plus on l'étale"

You'll find no Emotion in my words. Only Objective concise thoughts.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

A life long entertainer, the Jews run the entertainment, p.r., publishing comps here....hmmm? To your point...

Yes to my point Please do elaborate . ?

Please elaborate more about how the Jews run the entertainment business ? Are you suggesting the PR is being shifted somehow to Help the Israeli cause ? Because that is not the case .

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have nothing against Jews. Many are very spiritual and deserve my respect. But the government of Israel is another thing. Suppose your neighbor abducted your wife. Do you think its Gods wish that you kill all the children of his extended family to force the man to return your wife. I see the atrocities carried out by Israel no different to atrocities carried by the nazi's. It was and still is driven by darkness. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes...my aunt a burlesque performer 30's, 40's,, mom a dancer, me with Jewish Rock Band managers at 15, Norm Sands r.i.p.-Harry French Host of Detroit-r.i.p)... the whole industry...print, stage, recording, tv...everything. And the attorneys for sure.

Moved to Miami, weekly TV show Channel 51 Ft Lauderdale area....more Jewish reps than I've ever seen...its something you can research too.

3 Stooges? Marx Bros? The industry spills over into publishing, Mangmnt, producing, books...

I'm not so well tonite...sorry
God Bless

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

How many times are we going to see the same people on ATS , on Twitter or X ,

Where were your cries for the ethnic Cleansings in Africa ? Hundreds of thousands dead ? Where were your mass marches and Protest for the Muslims in Syria hundreds of thousands of them dead ?

simple, stay off twitter i do, its full of idiots

there were protests for Syria

Thousands attend protests against UK airstrikes on Syria

I myself dont pick any side other than innocent humans of any race should not be killed in the name of asshole politicians, simple really

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'm not so well tonite...sorry God Bless

I'm sorry your not feeling well mate, It's been a rough year.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

they dont care about Africa, rwanda was the last time I saw anyone give a squat.

Its no longer trendy... so 1980's- 90's, its the 2020's try to keep up.

If most of those nitwits ever actually travelled and saw the world outside the tourist districts they would crawl into their safe spaces and never leave.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If most of those nitwits ever actually travelled and saw the world outside the tourist districts they would crawl into their safe spaces and never leave.

True words mate.

Most of them have no Idea of the real world as they blow smoke from there Soap Boxes . I've seen Radicals I've seen that look in their eyes , It's cold dispassionate and Irrational . A hatred bred into them .

I know why the State of Israel is the way it is , It's because they have no choice .

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So many people really are, for the lack of a better term, brain-dead Zombies. They follow whatever the magic news box tells them to follow. Their opinions align with whatever the magic new box tells them to align with. Between 10-12 generations of mutational load transfer and the brain damage cause by the covid mRNA bio-weapon, most people are pooched. I'd say "stick a fork in 'em, they're done" but I ain't eatin' that crap lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   

How many times is this going to happen ?

How many times are we going to see the same people on ATS , on Twitter or X , the same predictable characters on College campuses jumping on Band Wagons with out doing there due diligence or even slightly researching the subject they are frantically Protesting about ?

" Genocide This is Genocide they are killing children the Palestinian people are Innocent ! "

Israeli People have Children as well . Many of them died on October 7th . Many families were slaughtered , Many woman were raped and beheaded .

I have a question for all of you who continue to scream genocide ?

Where were your cries for the ethnic Cleansings in Africa ? Hundreds of thousands dead ? Where were your mass marches and Protest for the Muslims in Syria hundreds of thousands of them dead ?

This is all really quite simple isn't it ? You people hate Jews and you hate the State of Israel that is about as deep as your loyalty to Palestine goes isn't it?

Soros paid for the pro Hamas protests. Did you think it was just spontaneous? It was 2 years in the making, actually these groups were paid by him. The planning was already underway regardless of what Israel or the idf were doing, and now the WH puppet is working both sides, just like the CFR has always done. They call it “managed conflict”. And that’s just what it is, isn’t it?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Fighting everyday...thank you!🤙

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Your Pathos is admirable OP.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

If people have risen to eminence in a field of endeavor through their own efforts and hard work then they have earned their place. To put it simpler that is how it works. Thank God. The competent, knowledgeable, and the skilled should rise to the top. I don't want to ever depend on incompetent or unskilled people when I need their assistance.

If you deem that unfair I would like suggest you work harder, study harder, give education and reverence for knowledge and excellence the priority it deserves. Teach the same to all your children. And so on and so on..

If you find it distasteful that people of Jewish faith or descent are common in the venue you have described then I urge you to avoid employing their services. Choose the guys who need a chance but are unproven, good luck.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: glitching
Your Pathos is admirable OP.

The point of this OP is not to seek pity for either side in this conflict .

But to point out the glaringly obvious double standards .

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: glitching

!! Avoid? I:side comment...I still get royalties and am with Universal and Song Music....hv lawyers...Jewish everywhere, I love all...

'Im glad I've experienced cultures as a youngster traveling performing since 9. I think looking back? It's just I judge none...nor try to correlate anything...other than to personally try to assimilate some knowledge for myself.

I found this world, these cultures, those colors, beliefs all the same in their ways...and that's fine. I'd rather be one of the cogs in the wheel...than just the wheel itself rollin' along.

God Bless every-damn-body today...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join