It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spiritual battlefield

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Our boat is burnt, the fire is out.

Our mast is holding, hold the line.

Rudder still stuffed.

The deep, dark, ugly goes deep. Been fighting since we where bacteria. We made it this far. When spending my time with the devil this guy helped.

Russ Dizdar

if someone finds someone better in getting this armor of god on, want to know.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If you are unable to say the word 'Jesus'. Feel free to chat or PM. With new mods, a good chunder after a night on the piss helps.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Another man that helped me a long time ago was Wayne W. Dyer with his book 'Real magic'. Back then I spent a lot of time reading through a lot of different occult books. Overall it felt like someone used an egg beater in my head. Lot of different ideas, views and beliefs out there.

After reading Wayne's book, he put a good practical and commonsense approach to these topics. It helped me put all the crazy down and get on with my life.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

You have just replaced one crazy with another.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Well who has helped you when trying to make sense of the crazy that does go in the spiritual aspects?

Russ Dizdar past away recently. He was a Chaplin that worked in the military and with law enforcement. He has experience in working with Satanic Ritual Abuse victims and paranormal events. For me, when coming to terms with just how ugly some things are it left me in a deep, cold and dark place devoid of hope. I did not get out of it overnight, but in time I did find something worth striving for.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I don't concern myself with anything spiritual, crazy or otherwise. People are crazy enough as it is.

What did you find worth striving for?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I don't concern myself with anything spiritual, crazy or otherwise. People are crazy enough as it is.

These things are real, but common everyday folks don't often experience them and so debunk them without any knowledge.
Those who debunk them sight unseen also don't show much empathy for those that do. There's a spiritual lesson in that alone.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

These things are real, but common everyday folks don't often experience them and so debunk them without any knowledge.
Those who debunk them sight unseen also don't show much empathy for those that do. There's a spiritual lesson in that alone.

That's not a spiritual lesson, perhaps a moral one, but then again what would a common everyday person know?

That was funny! You made me laugh!

I haven't tried to debunk anything. In fact my conversation with the OP might go in any direction. Who can say?

And here you are with your uneveryday uncommoness to clear things up!

edit on 28-10-2023 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

That's not a spiritual lesson, perhaps a moral one, but then again what would a common everyday person know?

That was funny! You made me laugh!

I haven't tried to debunk anything. In fact my conversation with the OP might go in any direction. Who can say?

And here you are with your uneveryday uncommoness to clear things up!

Haha, I never said you debunked anything, my comment was the same thing, could go anywhere.

Also of note about this OP, there is certainly spiritual warfare happening on planet Earth today like I have never seen before.
edit on 28-10-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Dr. Michael Heiser has been my help getting my head wrapped around the spiritual realm. But really helping me understand the trap of imposing our world view on our interpretation of scripture. Understanding what’s being said from the writer’s perspective.

Here is a YouTube video of his conference
Unseen Realm Conference - Dr. Michael Heiser

Sorry for the links I don’t know how to embed YouTube videos.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Hope. Just thinking about Jesus provided some help, what he stood for and aimed to achieve. At the time back then it had little effect, but over time it helped built the world we do have today.

I know some see Jesus as weak and easy to exploit. Trying to forgive has been one of the hardest things for me to do at times. To let go of that baggage takes a weight off.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Striving for hope?

This isn't the thread for me.

I'll leave you to it and wish you well.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Striving for hope?

The hope Jesus give me is to be part of a community that works together with respect, dignity, understanding and integrity. By working together in a cohesive community we all benefit and achieve more than what we can alone.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

Striving for hope?

The hope Jesus give me is to be part of a community that works together with respect, dignity, understanding and integrity. By working together in a cohesive community we all benefit and achieve more than what we can alone.

None of that requires 'spirituality'.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

None of that requires 'spirituality'.

It is a hazy one the spirit, lot of religious division and variations. In meeting the ugly, a self serving bunch that play by a different set of rules. Fear is used to maintain order as the ends justify the means.

In looking for a standard to live by in life, it a part of the spiritual puzzle.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

If it's hazy it's of no use.

There is no spiritual puzzle.

There you go, solved!

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The standards used in the international measurements is also a hazy one in its definitions. It has been improving over time, but still not perfect. Sometimes we just have to go with what we have, fill in any gaps later.

International System of Units

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

The standards used in the international measurements is also a hazy one in its definitions. It has been improving over time, but still not perfect. Sometimes we just have to go with what we have, fill in any gaps later.

International System of Units

There is no comparison to be made. You cannot standardise or measure spirituality. That's just nuts.

People play with words and phrases that essentially mean nothing. That's why it's hazy.

It is a crutch and a comfort for people like you but I don't begrudge you that in the slightest.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There is no comparison to be made. You cannot standardise or measure spirituality. That's just nuts.

That is what the legal system tries to do as it weighs the conflict and settles the dispute. A lot of this has evolved from the religious texts that sets the standards between right and wrong. How we use our self determination to define what rules we accept or don't is very much a part of the spiritual battle going on.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

We are secular here in the West we don't need that. Religious texts can set a standard depending on where you live though.

We don't need religion or 'spirituality' to tell us right from wrong. We have grown up from that idea via education and we have our own innate capacity for empathy and compassion.

Where is this spiritual warfare and by what means have you witnessed it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join