It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis Experiencers / Have You Ever Had an Episode with The Guardian of The Threshold?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Hey look.. It's my shadow person from when I was a kid. Though you have to make him a bit more see through and only standing in a dark spot with black being the backdrop.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Similar, but I can't qualify it as paranormal. Supernormal maybe.

When I took too many rave drugs it would happen. Not on them but the day after. It increased my occurrences of hypnagogia and hypnopompia. And also depression. I intuitively felt the experiences were related to the 5 hour Serotonin Killers I was taking.

Hypnagogia is the transitional state of consciousness between wakefulness and sleep. It’s the opposite of hypnopompia, which is the transitional state that occurs before you wake up.

During hypnagogia, it’s common to experience involuntary and imagined experiences. These are referred to as hypnagogic hallucinations. Up to 70 percent of people experience these hallucinations, which can appear in the form of sights, sounds, or even feelings of movement.

Muscle jerks, sleep paralysis, and lucid dreams are also common during the hypnagogic phase.

Always during the sleep transition.

They were so cool. I could control the experience. I would find myself in realistic situations having these meaningful instant dreams. Like doing vision vine without having to be an Amazon shaman.

Had the figure too. Figures actually. Always at the outset of the body falling asleep. Always in some fish-eye appearance on the periphery of my vision, sometimes closer than others. Wrote them off as dazed perception of shadow.

Never felt scared of it though. Though fear is common from what I understand. Always considered it the extreme version of falling in your dream.
edit on 23-7-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
If you can change your fear into fascination...

Aloofness worked for me, I think as long as you stop feeling fear they lose interest, they have no reason to stay.

For those saying that invoking their god works, I imagine it does because the person stops feeling fear and not necessarily because whatever these things are are afraid of whoever was invoked.

Yeah, I went there.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Im reading about this Guardian and the similar experiences many on this thread have had, and I started thinking about the reports of 'machine elves' seen by people using '___'. Funny how so many of those experiences are similar as well, only cartoon entities, that are often laughing at the user, which seems quite a bit more fun.

I have not have had either experience. I think they both scare me!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   

You need to...

Beat it... Beat it..

Beat it... BEat it...

This evil needs to be defeated...

Show it how funky... you can really be...

Show it how funky... you need to be...

Just beat it... just beat it...

Ow!

-----------------------------------------

Seriously, you can defeat it... I have and I'm very pleased about that as it can be pretty terrifying experience... especially when you can't do anything as it sits atop you holding you down... and has sex with you... I think its either an Alien wanting to produce Hybrids or it's demonic wanting to produce Hybrids...

I still get feelings of horror when I even think of it... like now...

In fact, I would have preferred you didn't post this thread!

Something I prefer to forget...

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

so I don't really like talking about this subject, but I do have instances of this sleep paralysis. I have had them since I was a child and they continue to this day, though not on any regular basis or predictable pattern.
I mostly don't talk about it because I am at odds with my religion. while I do believe in God and Jesus (mainly because of these experiences and others) I do not like the idea of predestination or the concept that God has condemned us to be subject to the devil.

In any case I will tell you that I usually recognize this presence while still in a dream state, we "do battle" frequently in these states and I usually win due to my faith in Jesus.
I have never witnessed this Guardian in its full form, it is always in a "shadowy/ish" state where I can detect its presence, location and even direction of movement in the dark, but never its full form.

Also I always know when the experience is NOT a dream and is in fact a form of sleep paralysis because it ONLY occurs when I am laying flat on my back. I never ever lay down to sleep on my back, it always on my side or my stomach.

In some case, like the most recent. I am taken from a dream state into this paralysis due to some sort of physical contact, whether it my sense of being touched or the blankets pulled or feeling something moving the bed itself, like someone lese just tried to lay beside or climbed onto the bed.

In the most recent incident, I felt something at the foot of the bed. it felt like someone was sitting there next to me and when I awoke, laying flat on my back, I could detect this darkness sitting there. My first reaction was to sit up but I could not move.
Edit: its more like it was lurking there, waiting to pounce, I could tell it was facing me but again I couldn't make out any specific form

I knew exactly what to do and I began trying to speak in prayer, as the word Jesus left my mouth this entity began to move away from me and I immediately regained function and tried to kick at it. As I watched this thing (in the dark, again I cant really see but I know its there) retreat into my closet, I'm assuming because its the darkest place around, I shouted NO and commanded it leave the house
I could instantly feel and see the energy of it dissipate and felt the energy of the room begin to relax. I remember closing the closet door and going back to bed.
When I awoke again in the morning I have to pass my closet to leave the room and I caught a feeling that it was still in there. I opened it and again commanded it to leave, this time in the name of Jesus, and I pointed to the door for some reason, then the energy was gone again.
I don't why I always feel bad after these incidents, like it was me that did something wrong, or that I am delusional.
I sometimes think that perhaps it is not evil, like maybe the spirit of a friend or family member that passed and I just insulted them and turned them away.
But every time this happens, the feelings that I get are not fear, this thing definitely has ill will, at best.
Also Edited to add: I have not feared this entity for some time, but as suggested by a previous comment, this does not deter this thing.
edit on 24am311000000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Reach out to Dr. Sheila Pryce Brooks of York University London, UK and share your experience. Its free and she is quite helpful.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WorldxGonexMad

Hoodie free since 2018. The last three were all white females. All beautiful the last one was totally nude in January 2022.

Could be they want to lure me in with women?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Your lucky you don't fear them.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Timber13

Since he hasn't been back since Christmas week 2018 they sent in three different women. All beautiful. Age was 25-38. The last was in January 2022. She was totally nude standing and fluffing my wife's pillows to my left. What blew my mind is that I could see the red LED clock display between her thighs on my wife's end table.

I didn't know it until the following morning but my wife slept upstairs as she had the flu. Tats was the first time i my life I saw in color in Sleep Paralysis as its always black white and fuzzy shades of grey.

I wonder if she had me as I don't remember anything
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I read that too. As to where I am in my life right now I may be able to think those thoughts.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I agree

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I had an experience back in 2001-2002. I was somewhere in-between sleep and reality laying in my bed and listening to the radio. I remember feeling someone snuggle up to me and at the time, I really didn't think to much of it as I recently had a woman living with me. ( we broke up maybe 4-6 months prior to this instance, but for some reason, I was out of it enough to not put it together that her and I were no longer together, nor did she live with me. ) I remember being able to see just fine. I could see my room in color, there were no distortions, in fact the song Epic by Faith No More was playing on the local rock station. I turned and put my arm around her. Immediately, this woman, who I did not recognize, rolled me over and began to hold me down. She choked me, she licked my neck and face and even bit me several times. Not hard enough to draw blood but hard enough to feel it. I was completely helpless and was unable to move. At one point, she rose up above me and grinned at me. I remember saying "I don't know you" and she just looked like she was toying with me before she was going to kill me or something. I eventually was able to struggle and I forced her up off of me and poof she was gone. Epic by Faith No More was still playing on the radio and I was sitting in my bed wide awake.

The girl looked like in her late 20s, she had stringy long hair and was pretty. She looked kinda like a plane Jane from the 70s maybe. Years later I learned two things. If you are familiar with the song, they sing "what is it" and "Guess it" the song is full of lyrics that hint at what "it" is and I learned after an interview with Mike Patton that the song was about sex and how it's in your face but you can't grab it, or society frowns on you for wanting it. I thought that was interesting. The second thing I learned was from a documentary that these woman SP experiences go way back and have been documented. They called the woman the hag, who appears as an old woman and rapes her victims, but sometimes she appeared as a young woman. They then showed a drawing of her and I swear it was the same girl that I saw.

I'm not sure what they are, but I have a theory. I think they are demons/fallen angels. I think they have sexual desires and power trip issues and I think they live out their fantasies when possible. Just like a sexual predator. Who knows. Just a theory. I did not enjoy any of it and sometimes I feel like a victim of sexual assault. It was super strange and a horrible experience.
edit on 25-7-2023 by AIC4ME because: typo

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Timber13

Since he hasn't been back since Christmas week 2018 they sent in three different women. All beautiful. Age was 25-38. The last was in January 2022. She was totally nude standing and fluffing my wife's pillows to my left. What blew my mind is that I could see the red LED clock display between her thighs on my wife's end table.

I didn't know it until the following morning but my wife slept upstairs as she had the flu. Tats was the first time i my life I saw in color in Sleep Paralysis as its always black white and fuzzy shades of grey.

I wonder if she had me as I don't remember anything

I'm definitely having the wrong dreams! I'll have what you're having.

Maybe this might offer a little something. Good or bad - I guess it depends on if this "thing" is good or bad (or neither). When I was a kid, it seemed easier to feel or sense something a little easier than adults would. Maybe it was because of a readily available imagination or young are more susceptible. I can only guess.

I felt like I've sensed this shadow in a doorway randomly over my life but not like before. It's like I'll look and expect to see "it" there out of nowhere. Haven't thought about this is 10s of years and suddenly it pops in your head while you're looking in that doorway in a black room. Though for me, at my age, it's all fuzzy so I wouldn't be able to see it without my glasses if it were there.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I feel like there is some reality to it because I know I saw something as a kid, whether or not it was an illusion based on darkness and tricks of feint light - perhaps. I can believe that more but I wont discount it, not when so many people have claimed to see the same without offering any knowledge of knowing myself.

I'd like to know if it happens to everyone or what percentage of population does witness it. If it's some and not all, I want to know why, if it is real, of course.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis since very young. The last episode I had that was around 32. I'm 58 now I had pretty much the same symptoms. It would not stop but when I called out the name of Jesus to help me in my mind it would release me immediately every single time. I couldn't scream I couldn't move I couldn't do anything but open my eyes I couldn't call out to my brother for help nothing I thought an evil presence in the room. About 15 years ago I had a terrible demonic attachment that lasted for 2 years. It did all kinds of things but it was after me alone nobody else. It followed me everywhere I went it was hitting me and all kinds of stuff. I was being grabbed by invisible entity at times but I also saw a demon around four times and it attacked me a couple times. To describe the demon I would have to say it looked like a large stingray. It had eyes and a mouth and it was growling at me It was on the carpet and it could fly across the room and hit me in the chest not me out for I don't know how long and when it knocked me out I saw for some reason blue sky and clouds for a short period of time and then I came to my senses. This stingray looking entity was so black and kind of sparkle. And also it seemed to dim the room of light. It attacked me a couple times and the worst thing is when it bit me on the toe on my big toe. I was in a recliner and it came up and bit me on my big toe and it wouldnt release. It didn't feel like teeth it felt like stun gun. Electricity. It hurt believe me that there were no teeth marks. there are some other crazy experiences but I don't want to talk about them on this platform.
edit on 26-7-2023 by corkUSMC because: I wanted to cut the last few lines out about negative comments. Doesn't matter it's not relevant

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: corkUSMC

I hear you. Somehow talking and thinking about this makes me very uncomfortable. Once you have that first visit, you feel violated and terrified that it will happen again. I’m lucky it only happened once. I also have other experiences mostly dreams/visions that were so terrifying that I will never speak about. Possibly I’m fearful that I may enable more attacks.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Quite often in the New Age, many esoteric and occult concepts get confused, mixed up, and outright corrupted.

The OP has not explained the Guardian/Dweller on the Threshold at all. And with all due respect, this thread borders the edge of misinformation.

Crudely, we can think of the Guardian/Dweller on the Threshold as the Jungian Shadow on steroids. As the Shadow embodies the repressed, rejected, demonized, and taboo aspects of one’s self, similarly, the Guardian/Dweller embodies the Kama-Manasic (mind of desire / lower nature) qualities of our past lives. The Shadow of this life haunts the psyche of this life. The Guardian/Dweller of past lives haunts the psyche of today.

The Guardian/Dweller is an aspect of ourself, not a hooded entity.

Guardian/Dweller = Reincarnating Shadow

Fiat Lux!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

If you believe in past lives, most don’t

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis once in my 38 years on this planet. I was 16 years old. I never saw a being thankfully. I was on my side facing my light blue wall and thought I had died because that's all I could see.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Belief or non-belief in past lives is irrelevant to the topic. The actual concept of the Guardian/Dweller on the Threshold is literally connected to the concept of past lives.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join