It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog barked next to me in room. I do not have a dog.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was texting my buddy the other day and the word "WRONG!" showed up on both of our phones as a text message. Neither of us texted that.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HasBeenVeryFried

I have temporal lobe epilepsy and sometimes I hear things from the signals in my brain being directed wrongly which results in crickets chirping mostly, but also it can manifest as a horn sound or sometimes I suppose some sound like a squeeky door and something like a bark has occured which does not come from our cats....except maybe if they are puking.

It does not mean you have epilepsy, I even occasionally had weird sounds and leg jerks when I was super tired out before I got the epilepsy. It is just way more common now, and it happens randomly if I eat certain foods that increase neurostimulation.

I am not saying you don't have a ghost dog, but it should not be something you should fear...ghosts do not have teeth. They also do not lift their legs and pee on you.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

When I was a child, 7 or 8, our family dog, "Suki" didn't make it through a surgery. This was my first experience with being told that someone I loved had died, and I remember crying in the very back of my Dad's green 1970 VW Bus (and no, there were no seatbelts in the very back, us kids were just kinda stored like luggage back there).

My bedroom was in the basement, presumably as far from my parents room as possible. I remember on several occasions, hearing "Suki's" claws on the hardwood floor in the rooms above my head months after she was gone, and we had no other pets.

I think that an impression is left here after some leave this domain. Granted, I was a young kid with a wild imagination, but this seemed very real. However, I also believed that Sleestaks shared the basement area with me in an unfinished part of the house.

The answer is in your username

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe1223
Haha, I was waiting for something like that! THAT was 30 years ago. Seeing that company name often is what led to my twisting it up (and nothing else, i assure you).

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The only time to worry is if you wake up in the morning and find your slippers chewed up

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

as working my paying job has drained me.

Auditory hallucinations are common with body and/or mind exhaustion .

Absolutely correct.
During covid lockdown, for 6 months straight I was overwhelmed with a massive amount of deliveries. I was up early, out delivering until night time, getting home between 8-9pm just to stuff some food down my throat, get to bed to wake up and do it all again. I did that 6, sometimes 7 days a week and I was exhausted. After 6 months I'd had enough and gave up one of my delivery routes. I'd started driving wrecklessly, having feelings of rage and outbursts, and hearing voices. It was mainly people around me, I heard them insult me a couple of times, and they swore they never. I realised it was all in my head and that made me quit. Shame that I'd been complaining to the powers that be, that I could not cope with the work load and they did nothing. You need to look after yourself. I'm fine now. All I needed was rest.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Sounds weird but I think this falls under exploding head syndrome.
It's where you hear a loud noise when drifting off or being very tired.
It is usually a bang, but can be other things. Barking is such a noise or a loud voice shouting a word etc.

It's an auditory hallucination.

I actually suffer from exploding head syndrome. It doesn't happen that often any more, but it always happens right as I am starting to fall asleep and, in my case anyway, it is always the sound of an explosion. But it's only in your head. At least that's my experience, but I would assume one could hear a variety of sounds while experiencing exploding head syndrome.

I believe exploding head syndrome is kind of like an auditory version of a "hypnotic jerk" (when you feel like you're falling and then wake up with a jerk as you hit the ground). And it is always very startling!

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Auditory hallucination. It sounds real, that’s why it’s a hallucination. a reply to: HasBeenVeryFried

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 11-7-2023 by ITSALIVE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Back in around 1997ish, we had to put our dog down due to cancer. My grandmother heard the dog the next night yelp for a split second while she was watching TV in the living room.

I sometimes will hear a loud noise as I'm laying down to go to sleep even though I'm awake. Sometimes it freaks me out so I have to go "do the rounds" to make sure things are in order.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I am convinced that some day, science will discover why there are residual replays of past events and it will probably have something to do with quantum physics.

It may be that some materials under some circumstances and during certain times are able to "record" ( , or maybe that is not the right word.... "absorb" might be better) , short events that have occurred near them or in the immediate vicinity, and later, sometimes very later, certain circumstances exist that briefly release that absorption back into our reality, recreating sound, sight , smells... the list goes on.

I do not believe in hocus pocus, and even ghosts have a definite cause that someday science will be able to accurately describe in terms of the physics we know that works for everything else, once the correct associations are made and proofs provided.

Just like UFO's ... we know it is something, we are not crazy ... it is real, and we simply do not know what it is.

Eastern cultures & religions already describes and accepts ghosts and their replay patterns. We will never stop thinking even if we tried, so conscious beings who died in a bad shocking state like suicides, keeps that thought even after death and can't change it without a physical body. Some don't even know that they're dead and they just keep living that thought in repeating cycles until someone helps them move on or they reach out to people who can see or sense them, for help.

Let's say your life span was supposed to be 70 yes old but you committed suicide, then your consciousness will remain in that negative state until you complete 70 yrs of age. Even without a physical body every impression cannot be created or destroyed like what Einstein said.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Come to find out, a previous tenant of my place had a dog. The dog was often kept in the backyard on a trolley. Somehow there was a swing that ended up close enough to the trolley that the dog got on it. The dog got down the wrong way, hanging himself. I'm not saying this dog's ghost was barking at me. I was just asking my neighbor about my place and he referred to this event.

a reply to: LSU2018

edit on 14-7-2023 by HasBeenVeryFried because: Misspell

top topics

<< 1   >>

join