It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog barked next to me in room. I do not have a dog.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I was wide awake lying in bed. Out of nowhere, there was the sound of a dog barking at me only a few feet up away and to the left and above of my head. I'm very tolerant of surprises, so im not normally startled but this almost sent me flying out of bed. About five minutes later, it happened again but above and to the right of my feet. Both times it was loud. It reminded me of a small dog (ankle biter type).

I rent this small home and do not have a dog nor do my immediate neighbors. There is no doubt this was in my room. I am not on meds either nor am I experiencing any other weirdness at the moment although I will say that I can't seem to get anything done in this house!

As far as a history of activity goes, although it's been awhile, I have heard clawing noises that I could not explain and a "scary" man's voice telling me to "wake up" on one occasion and on another asked "what are you doing?"

Trust me when I say "I know this is crazy."
Ive never had experiences before living here and have lived in a dozen different places.

I bought a bundle of whatever it is one smudges a home with. I was wondering if i should do that before clutter removal and a deep cleaning or after. I've been aiming to tidy up for weeks and it's just not happened yet as working my paying job has drained me.

Anyone have anything helpful to add?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A few years ago I heard a voice clear as day in the living room say "dont be afraid of the technology". No clue as to what it was , but that was a strange message. Try getting a dreamcatcher , smudge with some sage and hang it over your bed.
edit on 10-7-2023 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HasBeenVeryFried

as working my paying job has drained me.

Auditory hallucinations are common with body and/or mind exhaustion .

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

When I was a child, 7 or 8, our family dog, "Suki" didn't make it through a surgery. This was my first experience with being told that someone I loved had died, and I remember crying in the very back of my Dad's green 1970 VW Bus (and no, there were no seatbelts in the very back, us kids were just kinda stored like luggage back there).

My bedroom was in the basement, presumably as far from my parents room as possible. I remember on several occasions, hearing "Suki's" claws on the hardwood floor in the rooms above my head months after she was gone, and we had no other pets.

I think that an impression is left here after some leave this domain. Granted, I was a young kid with a wild imagination, but this seemed very real. However, I also believed that Sleestaks shared the basement area with me in an unfinished part of the house.

edit on 7102023 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Yes. Try not to bring antiques or yard sale items home. Many of these have "attachments"... and me being a familial sensitive....I've had to be careful.

My wife and I are now seeing our deceased dog in another part of the house while the current one is outside or in another part of the property...

I'd look and listen. Perhaps a message...just for you?

Hey, God Bless!😎✌️

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I have personally met Father Robert Morey of The Catholic Diocese of Charleston. He's a priest and Vatican trained exorcist. He was at my home to bless it in 2021.

He told me that I have been under Spiritual attack sine I was 7 as I told him about my Sleep Paralysis that began at the age of 7. He told me to buy a book titled:

Manual for Spiritual Warfare by Paul Thigpen.

I also read a book written by Father Vincent Lampert

Exorcism: The Battle Against Satan and His Demons Paperback – September 24, 2020

Father Lampert describes in his book some of what you are hearing. I suggest you at least consider one or the other books.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I haven't heard a dog bark like that, but I've been in a state - just before dozing off - and heard someone scream as if they were right at my ear. I've also heard my name yelled out by members of my family who are still living but weren't at my house at the time. No medications, drugs, drinking or anything like that for me either. Sometimes I'll hear whispers, too.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: HasBeenVeryFried

Anyone have anything helpful to add?

Maybe it is "Eight O'clock In The Morning".

edit on 10-7-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Shortened post.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am convinced that some day, science will discover why there are residual replays of past events and it will probably have something to do with quantum physics.

It may be that some materials under some circumstances and during certain times are able to "record" ( , or maybe that is not the right word.... "absorb" might be better) , short events that have occurred near them or in the immediate vicinity, and later, sometimes very later, certain circumstances exist that briefly release that absorption back into our reality, recreating sound, sight , smells... the list goes on.

I do not believe in hocus pocus, and even ghosts have a definite cause that someday science will be able to accurately describe in terms of the physics we know that works for everything else, once the correct associations are made and proofs provided.

Just like UFO's ... we know it is something, we are not crazy ... it is real, and we simply do not know what it is.
edit on 10-7-2023 by charlyv because: sp + content

edit on 10-7-2023 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Wow that was weird I just posted in a thread not that many minutes ago about my experience with a dog I had as a kid

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From what I have read over the years people of certain blood types are more sensitive than others to the paranormal

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sounds weird but I think this falls under exploding head syndrome.
It's where you hear a loud noise when drifting off or being very tired.
It is usually a bang, but can be other things. Barking is such a noise or a loud voice shouting a word etc.

It's an auditory hallucination.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Ive lost a number of dogs over my years. 2 have let me know they were still around and then moved on.

Im not going to go anywhere that dogs aren't allowed.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
Another thing happened since last night. I was getting ready for work
this morning in the bathroom when I hear something slam down in the next room. I stepped to the doorway and .saw the washing detergent bottle on the laundry room counter. I picked it up and recreated the sound myself picking it up and slamming it down. I cant say the barking could not possibly be a hallucination (I lean towards "no") but this slamming down thing was weird.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Wow that was weird I just posted in a thread not that many minutes ago about my experience with a dog I had as a kid

From what I have read over the years people of certain blood types are more sensitive than others to the paranormal

What's the blood type? I'm O+ and have experienced many supernatural things.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Maybe make a small dog picture or statue then burn it after a few weeks or put the statue outside away from where you live like in a park?

It's likely a previous tenant had a dog(you can ask whom you rent from if there was one) and likely there was some jealousy over the animal and it didn't end well for the dog or the owner. So perhaps its jealous dudes energy and dog energy still attached to that location and what occurred. You being in a somewhat relaxed lucid state in a meditative posture known as dead man pose likely broke the wall for it to come through.

I wouldn't tell the people you rent from that you heard one just if any previous renters had one... they'd have to disclose it due to allergies previous damage to the property that you may have not noticed that you may be likable for as deposit amounts go etc.

edit on 10-7-2023 by Crowfoot because: sp

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Same here. No unusual sounds though.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Negative blood types are believed by some to have 'special' abilities.

Personally, I've not seen this to be true; in fact, quite the opposite.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yes O + & AB+ are the ones to experiance the paranormal more often

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Everyone has a paranormal "gift" of some kind.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You have two options really:

a) Move out of the house and see if the noises you're hearing continue.

b) Stay in the house and visit a physician and share those symptoms.

Moving will cost you money, and medical insurance will cover your medical visit. Whatever you choose, you should do one of those two things if you wish to get somewhere with this.

GL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join