It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Auschwitz haunted .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

'Fraid I got to disagree with you.

Tell that to the "burning ghost" (my name for him) I encountered while working in a fish processing plant in Alaska. I'm fairly sure he'd tell you otherwise...

Or the ghost that haunts an old inn in Connecticut where my sister lived. He walks the second floor hallway where the rooms for guests used to be--it's now a very nice house, save the ghost--located. He, by the accounts, died of Yellow Fever on his way home.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I can only go by what I know. I have never experienced or encountered anything that could not be explained rationally. Even if at first I did not understand, it just took research to figure out. Like the first time I had sleep paralysis, it was terrifying, and crazy thoughts of demons did cross my mind. However, I simply looked up my symptoms online and found the rational explanation. I believe everything in the universe has a rational explanation, and our brains and imaginations are great at making things up that we do not currently have the understanding of, whether it be on a personal or global level.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

It's not haunted, because ghosts are not real. The only "eerie feelings" that people get are psychological. Everyone knows the history of the place, so they will subconsciously feel uneasy. However, I am sure if people who have no idea of the history went there, they would have no such feelings.

Really? Well tell that to the ghosts that lived in my last flat, especially the nasty one who thumped on the ceiling/upstairs floor usually around 1am deliberately to be intimidating.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I have also read about Aushwitz having a feeling of Dread.

Here is a link with stories from nurses. Pretty scary read.
www.thegypsynurse.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have also wondered about the Ground Zero (9/11) site. Surely there has to be some sort of activity after the tragedy there. I wonder if there are any paranormal stories from inhabitants of One World Trade Center or any of the surrounding buildings? Or possibly the Memorial/Museum?
edit on 6-4-2022 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would assume that the spirits of such happenings are taken instantly close to god and showered with love and acceptance.
God bless their souls

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If you had been exterminated at Auschwitz, would you want to hang around there?

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If you had been exterminated at Auschwitz, would you want to hang around there?

Well, it is a very valid thing to ask, especially since the delicate sensibiities were hung up regarding ghost hunting & Gettysburg. I'm sure no one wanted to die there & haunt it, either

There's multiple other examples to use over history -- colosseums didn't always host willing fighters, why aren't those places riddled with the attached dead?

Personally, I think the unwillingness for people to so much as suggest ghosts at the camps is just Time and the amount of it that makes it ok to regard the dead as lightly as gladiator footnotes in time or paranormal oddities.

Frankly, it's not even manners, it's just damned arbitrary.

Edit: And that is just my take as someone who enjoys the theme, but doesn't believe in ghostie wohsties.
edit on 4/6/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/6/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I’m not sure ghost hunters can just stroll through there with their equipment. Your not allowed to take pictures in a good portion of the place, I hear.
I cant see someone setting up a ghost box and asking it questions and someone not flipping their lids about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
They should bulldoze the whole place and make it a memorial park. If there are still souls stuck there give them a beautiful place to “ linger “ or perhaps a way to move on. No reason to keep those horrible buildings around anymore.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Could it possibly have been your dog?

Dog trying to warn owner of "WheeeGeee" boards ?

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I visited Omaha Beach.

Very calm. No sense that anything terrible had happened there. Only the remaining bunkers indicated the location had a military history.

Cheers

never noticed anything on Corregidor in the several times i was there. although admittedly not overnight. and you would think anywhere that should be haunted it is there and most Japanese battlefields. not just due to battles, but especially Japanese atrocities and mass suicides. added to the fact it was both the last holdout of US forces, and then the last (main, after all one Jap soldier holding out, made it to the 1970's in the Philippines), holdout of the Japanese forces, making it hard fought over twice.

not to mention long before that war, it was also first used by the Spanish as a support site for their 9 galleons used while converting the Muslim population to Catholicism, and i suspect we can all imagine went on with that usage. then the Spanish turned it into a fort and prison. and Spanish colonial prisons were brutal. and all navel and military actions fought and launched from the area around the island, from a 65 ship/3,000 man Chinese pirate fleet attack of Manila in the 1500's to the battles and fighting of ww2. and so if anywhere should be obviously haunted, it should be there.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're right of course...

It wasn't Auschwitz that he visited, it was Dachau. Not the first time I've made that mistake.

Though my point remains.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   

It's not haunted, because ghosts are not real. The only "eerie feelings" that people get are psychological. Everyone knows the history of the place, so they will subconsciously feel uneasy. However, I am sure if people who have no idea of the history went there, they would have no such feelings.

Perhaps..

when I was 12 years old, my dad got a job as the caretaker at a lumber yard. No other houses anywhere near. The previous caretaker died, in what was to become my bedroom. One night I was out around 1am, in the yard. I liked to just walk around this vast place, and as a night owl it was a good time wasting experience. The atmosphere was intense.

But there was no wind, no movement, darkness everywhere save the moonlight caressing the shape of things around me, and suddenly I heard a loud thump as a piece of lumber randomly fell off a stack in front of me. No reason for it to do so. Boy did I run like the clappers back into the house.

To this day I think the previous owner did not like us inhabiting his home, in which he had lived for almost 30 years.

Worst part was, when we were checking the house out before dad took the job, no one looked under the bed in my room. He had a shoe box with $30k in it. It was only when they removed all the old things that it was found.

edit on 6-4-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
They should bulldoze the whole place and make it a memorial park. If there are still souls stuck there give them a beautiful place to “ linger “ or perhaps a way to move on. No reason to keep those horrible buildings around anymore.

I disagree. Now more than ever we need to reflect on the colossal human tragedy that took place there in the name of "public safety and intolerance" for those that the system of the day labelled "undesirables". A monument to the forgotten must stand for all to see that it's not a rumor nor misinformation.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Ummm...Auschwitz is haunted...by all those tourists...taking selfies...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It appears that there is a consensus that this place is too evil for even evil itself. We know little of spirit, but the negative energy there is most likely too overwhelming for even spirits.

Like a black hole of unspeakable sorrow and torment. It makes you want to cry if you dwell too hard on the environment of being there when it was active.

The dementing sorrow of losing everything and everyone you knew and the realization that you would not be leaving there the way you came in.

Not being able to accept that others of your kind could possibly do this to other people..

Those that survived it... how can they escape the memories of it? That is why it will not, and never should be forgotten.

God bless them all but with proof that it could not save them.
edit on 7-4-2022 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   

My Lady did a motivational Speech to Graduate PhD ladies in Kraków Poland. We had two days left over after obilations were taken care of we considered visiting the site. We are both empaths. We could not go in. Went to the salt mines instead. Count them.... 990 steps to reach bottom and tiny elevator back to the top which fit 10 people including the operator!

We were close but could not enter......

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I’ve been there, in 2016. I felt sickness inside at the atrocities and appalling living conditions. I thought I would feel more, but mainly I felt sad that human beings would do this. I felt sadness that these innocent souls were taken away in such an evil way.
When I left there, I went and had a shower for a very long time. Cleansed myself. But I will never forget.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's illegal and disrespectful to go "ghost hunting" at the camp for obvious reasons. I googled and couldn't find any reports of paranormal activity there. I almost feel like the place was wiped clean after all the atrocities, the heaviness from all that IMO cleared everything out - or put a blanket on it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join