It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Auschwitz haunted .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've not heard of any story's or any Investigations from the place , With all the horrors that took place there you would think it would be one of the most Haunted places on the planet I would defiantly not want to sleep there .

The Civil War battle fields have produced sightings and some evidence , For that matter you would think that all hospitals would have some kind of activity .

One of the times I experienced activity was in a old house built either on or near a Indian burial ground and let me tell you it wasn't a very happy entity .

Just thinking that areas around mass graves and places that experienced a great deal of suffering would have major activity . I've heard it could be a ley line thing .

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Have you been there?
I lived in the region and I heard a lot of stories.

I also heard it was eerily silent and there was just a "feeling" when visiting.

www.reuters.com...

Auschwitz's horrors still haunt Poles living in nearby town

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I visited Omaha Beach.

Very calm. No sense that anything terrible had happened there. Only the remaining bunkers indicated the location had a military history.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I've not heard of any story's or any Investigations from the place

Probably because it's such a sensitive place and such investigations and claims of occurrences would upset people , the lack of Investigation possibly answers your question.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It's not haunted, because ghosts are not real. The only "eerie feelings" that people get are psychological. Everyone knows the history of the place, so they will subconsciously feel uneasy. However, I am sure if people who have no idea of the history went there, they would have no such feelings.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

Tell that to what ever pulled me half way out of bed and scattered a Ouija board into a hundred pieces all over my house .

They are defiantly real even the dog would bark at it one night or dog chased it into a bathroom and the door slammed shut the dog started yelping and I couldn't get the door open . That my friend was not in my head .

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ghosts are spirits that are still connected to this world, Auschwitz would sever any connection.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think your question OP is quite interesting. It never occurred to me. Of course Auschwitz should be haunted and if it's not, it could be for a variety of reasons.
Here are some I could come up with:

- Nobody is allowed to go ghost hunting there [|Germans are very, very, very, extremely serious about the whole holocaust thing]
- Nothing is haunted, it's all a hoax [can't agree, as I have seen ghosts, including other witness]
- Maybe in the Jewish religion it's not the done thing to become a ghost [I really have no clue maybe someone enlighten me]
- People who work there and experience things don't want to get the sack for being 'disrespectful'
- Maybe there are stories but OP hasn't researched enough. [will have a look now]

I looked and in all honesty, I think it is the German correctness that would not allow any such stories to even contemplate.
Let alone allow them on the internet.
We are so incredibly brainwashed that [mostly older] people get panic attacks when you just utter Herrn H's name.
My sister in Law blushes with hectic blotches when I had my Victory Roll hairstyle, or say anything at all about 'that' time.
It's really bad. Hard to understand unless you grew up there. It's the most serious thing you can mention.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I've heard story's from leap castle about something called the "abomination" it's not Human but a creation of all the evil and anger that took place there when it's active it smells of rotten meat .

Maybe there was forgiveness once they passed but you would think the anger would have spawned something .

And you could be right about talking about it I even had reservations of asking .

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I've not heard of any story's or any Investigations from the place , With all the horrors that took place there you would think it would be one of the most Haunted places on the planet I would defiantly not want to sleep there .

The Civil War battle fields have produced sightings and some evidence , For that matter you would think that all hospitals would have some kind of activity .

One of the times I experienced activity was in a old house built either on or near a Indian burial ground and let me tell you it wasn't a very happy entity .

Just thinking that areas around mass graves and places that experienced a great deal of suffering would have major activity . I've heard it could be a ley line thing .

If you really want to lure the ghosts out, dress up as one of the old prisoners, and taunt or lure out Dr. Mengele or something. I'll bet Mengele is still there.

You wouldn't catch me going there and trying that though.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I would expect that Auschwitz isn't friendly to tourists who want to play ghost hunting games.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Paranormal investigations are not allowed at Auschwitz

Tourists only.....

Today it is a money making tourists attraction only.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I would expect that Auschwitz isn't friendly to tourists who want to play ghost hunting games.

Yeah, I've heard it's a huge fine and jail sentence if you get caught doing that there. People have done it though. Any vids or documentation is wiped pretty quick from rumors I've heard..

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

There is a strange air there and also Dachau has a strange vibe. I've been there with school class and can't describe it better. We were inside the gas chambers, they had metal doors. They are located on a corner, shielded by trees a bit. Maybe they were other trees there or none back then. But the crematorium is right next to it, these two places and the open gravel place behind the main building was the most depressing. From memory, it was like 20 years ago.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Could it possibly have been your dog?

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I think ghosts need to answer unexplained occurances to be largely noted.

The civil war soldiers wander the old house that was a field hospital in 1863 because they died there with trauma.

Similarly the suicide forest in Japan is silent for like reasons. They died with unresolved issues and are left to wander as dim spectres of themselves dressed in white. The forest is of course silent in response to that and not the several layers of porous igneous rock (lava flows) that makes up the top layers of soil and helps absorb sound.

But the lore is more fun than science. You want it to be a haunted forest and not a dense muffled forest environment. With a lot of these "haunted" places the imagination need not be kept in check. And the lore can't flourish without drafty spaces or old haphazardly added wiring to confirm a preexisting bias about the ghostly environment.

I think the reason may be because there is no unexplained phenomena on site that can be answered by ghosts. No one wants to build on top of the site so there's no long standing home to get old and screw with its current inhabitants.

Still, anyone that goes there seeking the paranormal will ultimately find it regardless of their findings validity.

edit on 6-4-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My Dad visited when he was stationed in West Germany.

This was in the Late 50's. He said it was the quietest place he'd ever been to. Spooky quiet--his words. He left hurriedly.

I'm sure souls reside there, unable, for whatever reason, to move one. I'm never going to go find out. I've met survivors of the place, and I've no desire to see the place where their lives were shattered.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Have you been there?
I lived in the region and I heard a lot of stories.

I also heard it was eerily silent and there was just a "feeling" when visiting.

www.reuters.com...

Auschwitz's horrors still haunt Poles living in nearby town

I wonder how someone who didn't know what happened there would feel, if they were told they were touring an old farm?

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Spent a balmy summer night along the Gettysburg Battlefield. Still as all...nothing...absolute silence.

Like Auschwitz and others...the tradedy there is sooooooo strong...its out of respect for the generations. Its not just a ghost or two...but thousands of souls who suffered and died there...affecting their own generations to come.

I think its respectful to not push...altho Im 100% behind investigations.

edit on 04221430America/ChicagoWed, 06 Apr 2022 13:38:14 -050038202200000014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
My Dad visited when he was stationed in West Germany.

This was in the Late 50's. He said it was the quietest place he'd ever been to. Spooky quiet--his words. He left hurriedly.

He got into Poland while a member of the US military? That must have been an interesting experience.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join