It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM creates largest ever superconducting quantum computer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname
a reply to: LABTECH767

BUT can it play the Crisis remastered collection with setting's on max? haha.

You mean Doom! Can it play Doom? 😁

It IS Doom.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Great, there goes reality again. I wonder which Mandella universe I'm going to end up this time. Hopefully it's the one with hot redheads.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
What exactly can this accomplish?

It can summon demons.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

It can solve a certain class of very complex problems much more quickly than a conventional computer.

And by much more quickly, we're talking about a few hours on a quantum computer vs a few hundred years on a conventional computer.

Yeah - it really is that much faster.

I mean is there any necessity for that much of a computer, or is it more of a "Mine's bigger than yours." type of thing?

Brings to mind that infamous quote from Bill Gates: "640K should be enough memory for anyone".

Ha!

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 1/19/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   
No matter how many ‘quantum computation for idiots’ I don’t get it, even slightly!!

However, I wouldn’t be the type of person who says, “ I don’t understand so God does it”.

Whatever these machines can process and deliver I am really interested in watching.

It would be good to see them run some kind of process that is tangible to a simple person comparing a tested or agreed physical law with a different improved outcome to that ‘law’.

Say perhaps the Hoffman Transfer or something and I use that only as way of trying to explain something tangible, not necessarily that particular thing.

Does ATS know what point or what tests they are trying to investigate or is it all just mathematical equations rather than running current thinking examples through a different process?

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

messing around in hidden dimensions to break encryptions seems risky

who knows what we are really tapping into to get are strange computers to sit in cold stillness and give us our impossible answers

the computing to place somewhere, just not here and now.

imagine if we start getting messages from some other users in the future or past maybe not even human, a new era of SETI

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

IBM has said that it hopes to demonstrate a 400 qubit processor next year and to break the 1000 qubit barrier the following year with a chip called Condor. At that point it is expected that a limit on expansion will be reached that requires quantum computers to be created from networks of these processors strung together by fiber optic links.

I mean is there any necessity for that much of a computer, or is it more of a "Mine's bigger than yours." type of thing?

Well according Bill Gates back in the day - "640K should be enough RAM for anyone"

LOL!

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
They sure are profit driven intellectuals. Interesting. Is it possible to invest in IBM on the stock market?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join