It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the Men.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I am one of the few remaining Georgia Southern Gentlemen .
And will be...always

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My wife would never let me get away with not scraping the ice off her window. She will literally wake me up to do it lol

She will be like womens lib my ass go scrape my window....

She forces/reminds me to do stuff when I am being an oblivious man. Like pull the chair out for my mother at the restaurant .

Sometimes men are more than willing to help if you just ask we are just oblivious.
edit on 22-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Being the crazy old man who walks with a cane, I want to give thanks for every man or woman who will hold a door open for me. I try to do the same for others without considering what their gender is.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
This is for all of the good men out there. If you have held on to that instinct to open the door for women, to help carry groceries or change a flat tire, if you have a soft spot for daughters, if you work hard to provide for your family, if you have maintained the urge to protect and defend women and children…

Thank you.

I don’t think chivalry has been easy to maintain. Many women (including my past self) don’t want the special treatment or help. Or we don’t want to be a bother. Some women might be straight up hostile, suspicious, ungrateful. For whatever reason (and it changed for me over time, or instance to instance) I have turned down a lot of chivalric offers. To all the gentlemen out there, and to the women who want to be treated well by men, I am truly sorry for every rebuff.

I had a friend wisely point out that it makes good men feel good to help women. That men have it in their nature to care for women and children, and to never turn down offered help (obviously not from the creeps and not in a way I could endanger myself) from men.

And since that moment, I have always accepted chivalry from men, or in the least declined in a humble and grateful manner when I truly did not need the help.

For all of the dads out there (including my own, hard-working 75 year old dad, and my husband, who was a single dad to his daughter when I started dating him) thank you.

For the men who see women in need of help and stop to help, thank you. I remember when I was traveling with my son and too much luggage, and two different men stopped at the airport to see if I needed any help. I was touched by the gestures at a place where everyone is usually rushing to and from, or absorbed with travel, anxiety, excitement, etc.

Another night I was at my wits end trying to change a flat tire (I had jacked it up before loosening the lug nuts ugh) and I had my son with me, in the mountains (I had pulled off the main road into the parking lot of a chateau). A JUST MARRIED couple pulled up, still in their wedding clothes and about to check in to their hotel for the night, they saw I was in distress, and the groom jumped out of his truck and began to change my flat in his white wedding shirt. His beautiful bride, wearing a lace dress, a jean jacket and cowboy boots, went over and sat on the curb with my son to help calm him down.

This moment highlighted to me what is so beautiful about the masculine and feminine in our nature. What a blessed way for those two souls to begin a married life together.

I hope we can continue to honor and acknowledge the best impulses in our nature. There is a lot of division in the air but that is not the entire picture.

So, all that said, this one is for the men!

Your words are very kind towards the best instincts in men. I only wonder one thing. What is it that you are hoping to get out of this?

I only ask because after my wife says something like this, she always wants something.

Just kidding. It actually does my heart some good to hear the wisdom of women and learn much from it. I never get tired of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The sexism in this piece is outrageous!

Yet as a man who opens doors for ladies, allows them to step into an elevator 1st if they wish and say please or thank you, I appreciate that opening statement.

Your welcome ma'am.

To those who think I am sexist for being this way, IDC, I get to live with the consequences of being nice to people.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
meh I do all of these for both men and women because I respect all humans and do not single out that only women need a mans help.

If I see someone in need, I help.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is for all of the good men out there.

I hate getting shut out of a thread in the first sentence.

If it's any consolation, you might be a good guy. I like your thinking often, from what I read.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

🍺🍺🍻🍺🍻🍻🍺🍺🍻🍻🍻🍺🍺🍻

πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Thank YOU for posting something that has truly made me happy! It is obvious that humanity is in rebellion against itself and nature, but it's truly nice to wake up to reality and see the different strengths we can bring together as men and women. Rather than be ashamed or feel that life is unfair, let us embrace what we have been given and do the most with it!

Good luck in your future!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thankyou for you kind post towards gentlemen.

I wanted to post a pic of a woman opening a door for a man. So I googled and searched the net and all but all I could find is pics of men opening doors for ladies and then ladies opening a door for the pizza guys or a fridge door.

Anyone out there able to find an on line pic of a lady or a girl opening a door for a man? This is in jest of course because I really do appreciate the post.

Kind regards,

bally

edit on 22-3-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The last time I held a door open was for a feminazi. She growled something at me as she approached. I was ready.

When she thought she was going to walk past, I forcibly closed the door halfway and into it she ran. Liked to have knocked her unconscious. I didn't give a crap and left her there bleeding in the doorway.

I'll never hold the door for anyone other than my wife or daughter again. You got a problem with that? Take it up with a feminist. Run 'em the Hell out of the country for all I care.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Only to those of us who still have an ego.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Beautiful! I adore my husband for offering to carry the groceries in when I'm struggling, or rushing to take heavy things away from me. I'm not offended in the slightest and joke that I only picked him to open jars of pickles and so I can use his muscles when I'm too weak.
I'm also very independent and love doing things on my own, putting together furniture, building things, taking them apart, helping with handiwork around the house, but I don't in the slightest take offense when he offers to help me. I love the masculinity he brings to our partnership and my femininity is a great balance to our teamwork. I'm gonna go make him a sandwich and bring him a beer, because I love him.

PS I usually open the door for him haha its a running joke, and I love to pretend I pick up the tab for dinner with our joint credit cards

edit on 23-3-2018 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is for all of the good men out there.

I hate getting shut out of a thread in the first sentence.

Stahp it. Even you have hope.

Sort of.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

🍻

Just busting your nuts man, you already know.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Awww... GROUP HUG!!!!

What a surprise to come back and see all of these engaging responses... thank every one who took the time to read and comment.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Nice OP!

I'm a very small female type person, so I'm grateful that there are a few guys at work that will stop to help out if I'm struggling with something very heavy, like a wooden pallet or those large and heavy 65 inch tvs. The rest just keep on walking by. I feel awkward in asking for help though, like I'm bothering them and it's not their job.

Those women who get offended by a man offering assistance are idiots and so damned brainwashed by the warped version of "feminism" it's not even funny.

Too true.

Women are, on average, shorter than most men. Fact. And there is not a single thing wrong with asking a taller man to grab an out of reach thing for you. Not a single thing wrong with it, and should not effect anyones pride or ego.

Nor is it wrong for a short man to ask a tall woman the same thing, with all of the aforementioned applied.

(My sister is 6'4, my pops is 6'8, my female cousin is even 6'6! And im the last male of our familial last name at 6'3 LMFAO).

If it makes anyone feel any better, my sister has, and always will be, taller than me.

I even asked my doc about it.

According to him, it is very rare for a male to be shorter than his female sibling(s). He went on to say that in way above average heights, it is virtually unheard of.

Guess my daddy is the milk man πŸ˜‚

edit on 23-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Nice post. Tho I remember when I had a mysterious minor accident in the night when I was a student. 2 women mysteriously appeared out of nowhere in the dead of the night to help me calm down. Thank you dears

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

If you read the papers and see the crime statistics one has to conclude men are bad.
Holding a door or other little things are no problem but if a man proposes you to repair your shower cabin please think twice.
But I understand what you want to say. No offence.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Im from Canada, door holding and niceness threads dont apply, reading all this seems so odd.

I was a block away from work the other day, this girl i work with noticed me and held the door for me until i got to work, maybe because i had a pack of Timbits i guess.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Nice OP!

I'm a very small female type person, so I'm grateful that there are a few guys at work that will stop to help out if I'm struggling with something very heavy, like a wooden pallet or those large and heavy 65 inch tvs. The rest just keep on walking by. I feel awkward in asking for help though, like I'm bothering them and it's not their job.

Those women who get offended by a man offering assistance are idiots and so damned brainwashed by the warped version of "feminism" it's not even funny.

Too true.

Women are, on average, shorter than most men. Fact. And there is not a single thing wrong with asking a taller man to grab an out of reach thing for you. Not a single thing wrong with it, and should not effect anyones pride or ego.

Nor is it wrong for a short man to ask a tall woman the same thing, with all of the aforementioned applied.

(My sister is 6'4, my pops is 6'8, my female cousin is even 6'6! And im the last male of our familial last name at 6'3 LMFAO).

If it makes anyone feel any better, my sister has, and always will be, taller than me.

I even asked my doc about it.

According to him, it is very rare for a male to be shorter than his female sibling(s). He went on to say that in way above average heights, it is virtually unheard of.

Guess my daddy is the milk man πŸ˜‚

Or their daddy is a Nephilim.

Impressive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join