It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Max Loughan Boy Genius Or Something More?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yes what I am offering is "sort of related to the OP".

1. Exploring the nature of the quantum vacuum - Measuring the Casimir Force: The physical nature of empty space as predicted by modern quantum field theories, the quantum vacuum, remains mysterious, replete with paradoxes. Even though by definition this space is empty of matter, it possesses infinite energy density as it is populated by quantum fluctuations (virtual particles). Inexplicably, such a large energy does not produce any observable gravitational effects (recent astrophysical research claims a link to the cosmological constant). The main distinction between the energy of quantum vacuum and other types of energy is that it is unobservable in the non-perturbed state. Also this energy cannot be registered and harnessed by physical devices to produce work. In all physical processes we measure only the difference of the energy under consideration and the energy of vacuum. So to observe vacuum we should disturb it and measure the produced effect. A unique way to do this is provided by the Casimir effect. H.B. G. Casimir predicted that two neutral parallel metal plates will change the properties of the quantum electromagnetic vacuum, and this would result in an attractive force between them. Another of the most startling aspects of the Casimir force is its shape dependence. It can be repulsive or attractive depending on the geometry of the boundary. The Casimir effect finds application in many branches of physics such as Quantum Field Theory, Gravitation and Cosmology, Condensed Matter Physics, Atomic Physics, and Mathematical Physics. Furthermore, the Casimir force can be used to set stringent limits on hypothetical forces and the existence of extra dimensions such as those predicted by modern unification theories. With proposed improvements our Casimir force measurements will rival those of accelerator based experiments for setting these limits at some distances. Due to the broad implications of the work, our experiments have been reported in the general media such as in The New York Times, The Times of London, Scientific American, Physikalische Blatter, Physical Review Focus etc.

physics.ucr.edu...

The Casimir Effect in Biology: The Role of Molecular Quantum Electrodynamics in Linear Aggregations of Red Blood Cells

Abstract
Despite the fact that red blood cells carry negative charges, under certain conditions they form cylindrical stacks, or "rouleaux". It is shown here that a form of the Casimir effect, generalizing the more well-known van der Waals forces, can provide the necessary attractive force to balance the electrostatic repulsion. Erythrocytes in plasma are modelled as negatively charged dielectric disks in an ionic solution, allowing predictions to be made about the conditions under which rouleaux will form. The results show qualitative agreement with observations which suggest that the basic idea is worth further pursuit. In addition to revealing a mechanism which may be widespread in biology at the cellular level, it also suggest new experiments and further applications to other biological systems, colloid chemistry and nanotechnology.

iopscience.iop.org...

edit on 10-1-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

edit on 10-1-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

The Casimir effect applies force to two very VERY closely spaced conductive plates. That's not what's going on with this kid, who's got a battery in the can.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What precise capacity do humans run on electrically?

Would it be perhaps D/C energy?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

What precise capacity do humans run on electrically?

My zymurgic capacity is about three pints, unless it's a wussy stout.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Themistocles.

Perhaps Synaptic capacity/activity transcends to the wave state?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Right on. Thats a bit more than a 40. Not bad. Off course ive drunk 80 oinces of 211 high gravity in one sitting often enpugh....that may explain my inane posts

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

I agree with you. I was a kind of child prodigy type. The school system wanted to skip me from 1st to 4th grade. Fortunately for me, psychologists in that day thought it was damaging to take small children and put them in with much older children.
This was better for me because although my intellect was way out there, emotionally I was like a very shy toddler.
I did not catch up socially until some time in college. My mother kept me very socially isolated for as long as she could which also was probably not a good idea.
You are right. Highly intelligent children make up their own games and entertainment. I know I did.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I saw an old YouTube video of this kid talking about the Mandela affect and wanted to share.

There's been a lot of new research about quantum effects in microtubials of the brain that had me wondering if a shared quantum (or ground state) was possible, between human brains and large scale quantum experiments being performed.

There's new theory even that the brain might experience parallel universes while dreaming, so I'm wondering if it's possible that interference from larges scale quantum effects might shift people into similar universes. It would only impact people who are dreaming (and possibly at coherent wavelength) at the time of the experiment, which might account for why not everyone is affected.

edit on 17-4-2024 by fluctz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
Was he ionizing the air in his parents' boiler room? LED's can run on milliwatts. How many and how much wattage?

Can his device scale? Doubt it converts anything other than static electical energy.

It's more efficient to harvest the wind power of cold, ionized air than the ions from cold, ionized air. Ions require a lot of electronics and special materials. Wind power ipso facto does not.

The kid ain't got jack, is my conclusion.

I agree you could easily make something that turns radio signals into a couple of volts. But it be very inefficient when scaled up and would require more energy then you would capture. So on the plus side at least he won't be killed because his invention was made over 50 years ago. And in fact is used by my phone I don't plug them in I simply set it on a pad and miraculously it charges.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: imd12c4funn
What do you think?

Bright but uneducated kid who is selling a line of blarney to credulous adults. With religious frosting.

And he invokes Tesla for proof. That's Bedlam's Law. You bring in Tesla for anything except polyphase motors, you're a crank.

Does anyone know what happened to this guy?

I used to really enjoy his posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join