It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is precognition just advanced brain function?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I’d go with a yes, but I doubt it ever something that done on command though. I tend to look at deja vu or synchronized moments as some check point, post or barrier of sorts.

Kind of off topic, but there is a martial arts discipline called β€œMushin”. Not going to lie learned about it from a cartoon, but the idea there. Basically about quieting the mind an body, so kind of talk to each other better, or less interference, an make decisions a lot more acutely. The hand is quicker then the eye sort of say.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

way too physical then.

Precognition as "advanced brain function" is an utter joke.

You can pre-cognate thru dreams, visions, and other ways that is possible only when you are in-tuned with the Truth. Precognition is a spiritual gift ah. It is not just something that is called as "brain function."

I once had a very great dream when I was child. What I dream actually happened at once after waking up. Same clothes, same place, same circumstance; though with the added "awareness" that it happened already.

Why do people love to limit their lives? Because it is what the "rational yet irrational" Science nowadays is teaching us.

Have you read-heard-watched something regarding "Science as a form of belief"? You know, we could learn something from that. Science should never be considered as the Truth. Science is science but it does not mean that is always of Truth. There are actually lots of lies in science. Particularly with Psychology where things have truly gone wrong. Look at what Psychology is doing now in the mainstream world. Look at it now. The euphoria and irrationality of the narcissisms of things, of the "I's." Lots of paranoias altogether.

Science and its application, the technology, indeed help us a lot but never focused on finding solutions to things that Humanity truly needs. Then, there comes the talk of "Politics." Indeed, we cannot just blame the misguided trajectory of the scientific world for it is truly connected with the political misdemeanors of this worldly world. Time for a change then. ReDefine. ReInvent. ReCalibrate.

Namaste. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I totally agree, there's nothing paranormal in precognition. I can see into the future and get ready for both good and bad things that are about to happen. I wouldn't call myself a medium or any other mumbo jumbo, it exists and I use it. If it exists and works it is a part of this world and it isn't paranormal. Just because science can't explain it yet doesn't mean it's paranormal. I guess what I'm trying to say is: everything is normal. There's more to this world than the eye can see. I'm waiting for quantum science to explain this phenomenon so all of us could use it. World will be a much better place once we join our forces

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't know if it's paranormal or not, but if you've experienced it you can't deny that it happens. Some say it's based on access to records of all that has happened and is to come.

posted on May, 22 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: blend56

Your comments demonstrate your ignorance of the research into psychic phenomena.

For example, read: "The sense of being stared at" & "Dogs that know when their owners are coming home" - both exceptional research efforts by Fellow of the Royal Society, Rupert Sheldrake.

SOURCE

Also, do a deep dive into the world of remote viewing. You will soon see that psychic pheomena are very, very real, and you will stop with your smug assertions that it's all just our brain doing boring & unremarkable things 'really quickly'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join