It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of existense of god

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

kx12x
I've been thinking about something very simple that really has no scientific or religious explanations. First off, let me say that I'm someone who has more open minded beliefs which doesn't fit neatly into any mainstream set of beliefs. I don't believe that Creationism and science are entirely exclusive in the sense I don't believe that both evolution and the Big Bang theory discount Creationism, instead they're simply the methods of how we got here which doesn't discount a God.

Let's put religious beliefs aside for a moment. Think of god not in the sense of any specific religion, but rather, as a being or entity simply beyond our measure or comprehension for the sake of this thread. Okay, now on to the main subject, it's really simple but mind boggling at the same time.

Anyway, lets jump back 13 billion years, to the big bang, before earth, galaxies and our current Universe. Okay so, that's where science and region ends. Now lets go back further, what created the energy that was, prior to the Big Bang, energy contained within empty space that expanded and formed into what we have now? Lets go back even further, what created the seemingly infinite, empty space that contained that energy, before that energy was there?

Where did this empty space come from, and how long ago? And where did the energy that was, come from? Not the Big Bang itself, but the energy that was condensed all that time before, where did that originate from?

You can't create from nothingness and everything has an origin to be traced back. Wouldn't you say there must be an "entity" of some sort, much beyond our current comprehension, that would have created this empty space? It may seem unbelievable to some, but again, I said this entity would be extremely beyond our comprehension for our brains to fathom.

That leads me to my next question, with this entity in mind, what are "their" origins?

All (respectful) opinions welcomed.

The Big Bang theory was formulated by a Catholic priest, Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître. What you are talking about is initial singularity, a point that had contained all mass, energy, and spacetime which then spread out, causing the universe.

Why Christians believe in Creationism when a respected priest that was a peer to Einstein and Hubble formulated a theory that kind of indirectly implies God exists given the information we have today... I don't know. Some may speculate that Lemaitre concocted the theory to imply the existence of God and that He created something from nothing. Meh, I don't know.

How was this mass, energy, and spacetime created?

I don't know. I don't know how but I know who and science would rather figure out the how than the who... and for good measure too.

Now how was God created? Meh, that's not important to me but something interesting to think about. All I know are the texts that refer to God's origins as "always was, always is, and always will be."

If you look at the grand scheme of the known (observable) universe and see how tiny we are and how earth has the perfect, harmonious conditions it has now and the progress humanity has made in regards to EVERYTHING... It's kind of mind blowing. How can such a small speck in the universe can contain SO much... Earth, its inhabitants, and the history of humans are a statistical anomaly in my opinion.
edit on 20-2-2014 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join