It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of existense of god

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

edit on 12-2-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I would like to add to your post. One little thing.

Maybe we just cant comprehend "infinite". We are beings that live and die. We move forward in time constantly. We see everything around us having a beginning and an ending. So us trying to comprehend infinity seems hard, almost impossible to us. Because we are always in motion.

Motion. We move around the earth as we please. The earth rotates around its axis with 1.670 km per hour. The earth orbits the sun with a speed of 107.200 km per hour. The Sun and our entire solar system is speeding around the center of the Milkyway Galaxy with more than 800.000 km per hour. In our local galaxy hub, the Milkyway Galaxy is moving towards the Andromeda Galaxy with a speed of 470.000 km per hour. Last but not least, our entire Galaxy hub is moving towards another an enormous Galaxy hub, that we call "The Great Attractor" with a speed of 2.200.000 km per hour.

TL
R. From our point of view, we are moving through the universe pretty darn fast. Which (according to science) is creating time as we now it. If you speed up you move faster in time, if you slow down, you move slower through time, hence time space, and the theory of relativity between the two.

But zoom out and focus on the exact center of the universe, where the Big Bang had its origin, and the universe suddenly isnt moving. It's just expanding. At some point it should begin to contract which means it is actually pulsating. And in that moment when it has contracted and forced all matter and energy into one point again. Time essentially stops, because nothing is moving anymore. It is all just crunched and compacted into one cell so to speak. So time stops. All the energy (which can never be stopped, removed or ended) will hopefully want out again and BOOM. Big Bang right from the start. Like a heartbeat.

At least thats one theory. But I think the answer is right there. Right in that moment when everything has stopped. When everything is "one". And maybe it never started, maybe it never ended. Maybe there never was a first big bang. There just always is and always will be another big bang.

Sidetrack. But.. dont know.. ehm.. infinity is a hard concept for us to grasp. Infinity is not easy for us to acknowledge, when everything, even our theory of all of excistance have a beginning and an end. Even though it continues on and on and on.

.... im confused now.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Everything is eternal because everything is energy. Our limited perspective and time on this planet is not the beginning and it will not be the end, we have just forgotten where we came from and what we are, which is the eternal and infinite system experiencing and trying to know itself.

Everything isn't energy. "Energy" is merely a number that we associate with physical systems, like "mass". It is a description, and like mass, is not a substance. Descriptions are not everything. Energy, as a physics term, denotes the capacity to do work. One must be a physical system in order to possess that capacity. Everything isn't energy; everything only has the capacity to act and be acted upon.

People are misled by this quote, often attributed to Einstein:

Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.

Einstein, of course, never said this. Here's something he did say however:

It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing — a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind.

What is the "same thing" he is talking about? The physical system—everything is physical systems.

Physics classroom - Work, energy, power
edit on 12-2-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Aphorism

Everything is eternal because everything is energy. Our limited perspective and time on this planet is not the beginning and it will not be the end, we have just forgotten where we came from and what we are, which is the eternal and infinite system experiencing and trying to know itself.

Everything isn't energy. "Energy" is merely a number that we associate with physical systems, like "mass". It is a description, and like mass, is not a substance. Descriptions are not everything. Energy, as a physics term, denotes the capacity to do work. One must be a physical system in order to possess that capacity. Everything isn't energy; everything only has the capacity to act and be acted upon.

People are misled by this quote, often attributed to Einstein:

Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.

Einstein, of course, never said this. Here's something he did say however:

It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing — a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind.

What is the "same thing" he is talking about? The physical system—everything is physical systems.

Physics classroom - Work, energy, power

That's why our bodies rot in soil right?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Everything is energy, but I don't think you'd ever admit that. You seem to have some pretty firm beliefs that can't be moved judging by some of your threads I have run across. Quantum physics says that everything is energy.

1. According to quantum physics, we are part of a vast, invisible field of energy, which contains all possible realities and responds to our thoughts and our feelings.

2. All material things are made up of atoms (which are made up of subatomic particles- protons, neutrons, electrons etc), which are 99.99999 percent energy and .00001 percent matter. Think about it―every physical thing in our life is not solid matter but rather, fields of energy or frequency patterns of information. Matter is more “no-thing” (energy) than “some-thing” (particles). Our physical bodies and the body of the physical Universe are as proportionately empty as is all of space. The essential nature of our material bodies and that of the solid-appearing Universe is that they are both non-material. They are made up of non-stuff.

3. Our material bodies and the body of the Universe both flicker in and out of existence at the speed of light. Our nervous systems cannot process these quantum events at the speed at which they are really happening, so it decodes the energy and information soup of the Universe into the experience of solid three-dimensional material bodies.

4. The “Observer Effect” in quantum mechanics states that at the subatomic level, energy responds to our mindful attention and becomes matter. Quantum experiments demonstrate that electrons (part of the subatomic particles that make up the atom) exist simultaneously in an infinite array of possibilities in an invisible field of energy. So, a particle (matter) cannot manifest in ordinary space-time reality until we observe it. Knowing this, mind and matter can no longer be considered separate; they are intrinsically related, because subjective mind produces measurable changes on the objective, physical world.

5. Every human being, along with every material thing in the Universe, broadcast a distinct energy pattern, and this energy carries information. Our fluctuating states of mind, conscious or unconscious, change this pattern on a moment-to-moment basis because we are not just a physical body; we are consciousness using a body and a brain to express different levels of mind.

6. Quantum Entanglement Theory states that all humans and the quantum field are interconnected. It says that once two particles can be linked in some way, they will always be bonded together beyond space and time. So anything that is done to one, will be done to the other even though they are spatially separated from one another. What this means is that since we too are made up of particles, we are all connected beyond space and time. So quite literally, what we do unto others, we do unto ourselves.

7. The intelligence keeps our heart beating is part of our autonomic nervous system, which is located in the brain. The brains limbic system is part of the automatic nervous system. Within the brain, there are specific tissues responsible for keeping the heart beating, which are made up of cells. Those cells are made up of molecules. Molecules are made up of atoms. Atoms are made up of subatomic particles and subatomic particles are primarily composed of energy (see #1).

Source

You're not going to argue against quantum physics are you? Because it says that everything is energy. If everything is energy as quantum physics says, nothing could have been created nor can anything ever be destroyed, meaning everything is eternal and without beginning or end.
edit on 2/12/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Everything is energy, but I don't think you'd ever admit that. You seem to have some pretty firm beliefs that can't be moved judging by some of your threads I have run across. Quantum physics says that everything is energy.

1. According to quantum physics, we are part of a vast, invisible field of energy, which contains all possible realities and responds to our thoughts and our feelings.

2. All material things are made up of atoms (which are made up of subatomic particles- protons, neutrons, electrons etc), which are 99.99999 percent energy and .00001 percent matter. Think about it―every physical thing in our life is not solid matter but rather, fields of energy or frequency patterns of information. Matter is more “no-thing” (energy) than “some-thing” (particles). Our physical bodies and the body of the physical Universe are as proportionately empty as is all of space. The essential nature of our material bodies and that of the solid-appearing Universe is that they are both non-material. They are made up of non-stuff.

3. Our material bodies and the body of the Universe both flicker in and out of existence at the speed of light. Our nervous systems cannot process these quantum events at the speed at which they are really happening, so it decodes the energy and information soup of the Universe into the experience of solid three-dimensional material bodies.

4. The “Observer Effect” in quantum mechanics states that at the subatomic level, energy responds to our mindful attention and becomes matter. Quantum experiments demonstrate that electrons (part of the subatomic particles that make up the atom) exist simultaneously in an infinite array of possibilities in an invisible field of energy. So, a particle (matter) cannot manifest in ordinary space-time reality until we observe it. Knowing this, mind and matter can no longer be considered separate; they are intrinsically related, because subjective mind produces measurable changes on the objective, physical world.

5. Every human being, along with every material thing in the Universe, broadcast a distinct energy pattern, and this energy carries information. Our fluctuating states of mind, conscious or unconscious, change this pattern on a moment-to-moment basis because we are not just a physical body; we are consciousness using a body and a brain to express different levels of mind.

6. Quantum Entanglement Theory states that all humans and the quantum field are interconnected. It says that once two particles can be linked in some way, they will always be bonded together beyond space and time. So anything that is done to one, will be done to the other even though they are spatially separated from one another. What this means is that since we too are made up of particles, we are all connected beyond space and time. So quite literally, what we do unto others, we do unto ourselves.

7. The intelligence keeps our heart beating is part of our autonomic nervous system, which is located in the brain. The brains limbic system is part of the automatic nervous system. Within the brain, there are specific tissues responsible for keeping the heart beating, which are made up of cells. Those cells are made up of molecules. Molecules are made up of atoms. Atoms are made up of subatomic particles and subatomic particles are primarily composed of energy (see #1).

Source

You're not going to argue against quantum physics are you? Because it says that everything is energy.

Let us not believe in Quantumphysics like some don't believe in the bible.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Likewise to you. I don't expect you to admit that everything is not energy. I don't expect you to believe the scientific interpretations of phenomena, but then again, you also shouldn't expect me to believe anything written by a "Spiritual director" for the "The Healer's Journal".

I wouldn't be arguing against quantum physics, but quantum misinterpretation.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It's quantum physics, quantum physics doesn't lie. Those who know quantum physics say that it dictates that everything is energy. This "spiritual guru" is only repeating what those who are professionals in quantum physics have already said, that everything is energy.

Are you trying to argue against those who are much much smarter than you about an area that they are professionals in? Are you an expert in quantum physics? So why are you arguing against a professional quantum physicist about quantum physics?

Judging by your other threads you do not believe in anything spiritual or eternal (correct me if I'm wrong here) so of course you'd be arguing against an eternal cosmos. Do you disagree with scientists who say energy cannot be created or destroyed? If not, why are you arguing against scientists who say everything is energy?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It's quantum physics, quantum physics doesn't lie. Those who know quantum physics say that it dictates that everything is energy. This "spiritual guru" is only repeating what those who are professionals in quantum physics have already said, that everything is energy.

Find me one who has said "Everything is energy". Also, perhaps try to define energy.

Are you trying to argue against those who are much much smarter than you about an area that they are professionals in? Are you an expert in quantum physics? So why are you arguing against a professional quantum physicist about quantum physics?

I am arguing against you.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

The devil lies about not lying either.

The day quantumphysics controls my body and my spirit, that will be the day.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Read about quantum field theory, it states that the vacuum of space is not empty but is a field of energy that constitutes everything. Matter is just a higher frequency of energy than the "empty" space which is at a lower frequency.

If you want to know for yourself you need to study it yourself, I'm not going to do the studying for you. If you choose not to then you are ignoring the possibility and sticking with your assumption that it's not all energy despite the information that is available to you.

So far I see you sticking your fingers in your ears and saying since you haven't seen it it doesn't exist. Do the research, you'll find it is there.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Quantum physics sorta does control your body because it is what makes up your body. Or are you saying quantum physics doesn't exist?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So far I see you sticking your fingers in your ears and saying since you haven't seen it it doesn't exist. Do the research, you'll find it is there.

Likewise. And I see an inability to argue a point that you seem to carry with such conviction.

Here, I'll define energy for you.

In physics, energy is one of the basic quantitative properties describing a physical system or object's state.
-Wikipedia

Physics the property of matter and radiation that is manifest as a capacity to perform work (such as causing motion or the interaction of molecules): a collision in which no energy is transferred.
• a degree or level of energy possessed by something or required by a process.

-Oxford English Dictionary

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Read about quantum field theory, it states that the vacuum of space is not empty but is a field of energy that constitutes everything. Matter is just a higher frequency of energy than the "empty" space which is at a lower frequency.

If you want to know for yourself you need to study it yourself, I'm not going to do the studying for you. If you choose not to then you are ignoring the possibility and sticking with your assumption that it's not all energy despite the information that is available to you.

It's not empty to the machine they measure the energy with, but to a human, it is empty.

Science is limited.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by oktopus

Quantum physics sorta does control your body because it is what makes up your body. Or are you saying quantum physics doesn't exist?

Maybe the quantum is what you connect when you become part of the church of Christ.

No, I don't say quantum physics doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Your definition says that energy is what defines (makes up) matter. I fail to see how that proves my point wrong.

The reason I'm convinced that everything is energy is because quantum physics (something that is a part of everything) says so. You're arguing against facts.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your definition says that energy is what defines (makes up) matters. I fail to see how that proves my point wrong.

Isn't the quantum the blueprint of matter?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Ok, so you're the type that believes that the church has the sole right to define everything. Explain then why quantum physics is a part of everything, including those who do not believe.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by oktopus

Ok, so you're the type that believes that the church has the sole right to define everything. Explain then why quantum physics is a part of everything, including those who do not believe.

I don't go with what you claimed.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe the quantum is what makes people reap what they sow?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join