It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of existense of god

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your definition says that energy is what defines (makes up) matter. I fail to see how that proves my point wrong.

I'm only arguing that your energy isn't the same as how physics and quantum physics uses it. I will ask again: what do you define energy as?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

The same one defined in your definition, the thing that makes up and describes matter.

Again, it seems as though you are debating the facts. Why? Probably because you don't want to believe in anything eternal.
edit on 2/12/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

The same one defined in your definition, the thing that makes up and describes matter.

Again, it seems as though you are debating the facts. Why? Probably because you don't want to believe in anything eternal.

Enlightened,

Isn't the quantum something like a spirit then?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

None of my definitions, nor any definition, say that.

What facts? You have yet to mention anything factual.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes it does, it's in the definition you posted.

In physics, energy is one of the basic quantitative properties describing a physical system or object's state.

Meaning energy is what is used to describe a physical system or object's state. A physical system and/or physical object is made up of what? Matter. What is matter described by? Energy. It's right there in the definition.

The fact that quantum physics tells us that everything is energy! Read up on the subject yourself and you will find that out, I'm not going to do the studying for you. If you choose not to, you are choosing to debate the facts that quantum physics presents.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Yes it is something like a spirit. I believe in the spiritual, I believe in God, and I believe in the eternal, I'm just not Christian.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Meaning energy is what is used to describe a physical system or object's state. A physical system and/or physical object is made up of what? Matter. What is matter described by? Energy. It's right there in the definition.

The fact that quantum physics tells us that everything is energy! Read up on the subject yourself and you will find that out, I'm not going to do the studying for you. If you choose not to, you are choosing to debate the facts that quantum physics presents.

It seems you've selectively avoided an important part.

In physics, energy is one of the basic quantitative properties describing a physical system or object's state.

No, energy is only one of the properties of a physical system.

And no, quantum physics doesn't say everything is energy. Only the quasi-religious do. Type "everything is energy" in google to see this.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Read my post about faith without works is dead.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So I guess since it's only "one of" that means its not energy at all? I would think if all matter can be described by energy in some capacity that means it is energy in some capacity. But I guess logic doesn't apply here?

Just to clarify, what are these "other things" that can describe matter besides energy?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I agree that everything possesses the capacity to do work. And I agree that capacities are eternal. In that sense I agree with you.

However, energy is not a substance. Nothing is made of it.

Here are more properties:

absorption (physical)
Absorption (electromagnetic)
albedo
angular momentum
area
brittleness
boiling point
capacitance
color
concentration
density
dielectric
ductility
distribution
efficacy
elasticity
electric charge
electrical conductivity
electrical impedance
electric field
electric potential
emission
flow rate
fluidity
frequency
hardness
inductance
Intrinsic impedance
intensity
irradiance
length
Luminescence
luster
malleability
magnetic field
magnetic flux
mass
melting point
moment
momentum
opacity
permeability
permittivity
plasticity
pressure
radiance
solubility
specific heat
resistivity
reflectivity
refractive index
spin
strength
stiffness
temperature
tension
thermal conductivity
velocity
viscosity
volume
wave impedance

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

E=mc2 is what is called "mass - energy equivalence". It states that the mass of an object is the measurement (or equivalent) of the energy within it. As we know, matter is what makes up mass, and mass is made up of energy.

If you get enough energy condensed into one place, particles start to pop up, if enough particles condense together matter is created. This means that matter is a by-product of energy, not the other way around. All matter is energy that is condensed to make particles, the more particles the more massive the matter.

This is actual science, not the ramblings of quasi-religious people as you suggest. It goes like this: energy -> particles -> matter -> mass, in that order.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Is the energy in the same place where the matter appears?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Yes because energy is within the matter, the mass of matter is equivalent to the energy within it.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What energy is there then in the vacuum box?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Then you have space. Space is the canvas that energy paints on.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

Great, now we are getting somewhere. The first person to mention space. Why is space always ignored? Everybody always talks about matter and energy.

Every old scripture tells us this...

Yin - accommodating, passive principle, space
Yang - active, penetrating principle, slight correction here on my part - propagating principle
All form is the interplay of these two in short.

The Vedanta cosmology - akasha = yin, prana = yang

Plus many others...

Brief translation into modern terms - light or energy needs space to propagate and emerge into and in doing so it expands space itself. The interplay of energy with space creates oscillating pockets of energy that we perceive as solid matter.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

As we know, matter is what makes up mass, and mass is made up of energy.

There is nothing of mass to make up. Matter has mass; Matter has energy; meaning that it possesses these quantitative properties, not that it is composed of them.

Mass is equivalent to energy, not made up of it. But then again we're deviating away from the scientific definition of energy into some fictional version once again. I repeat: Energy and mass are not substances of which things are composed of. That is like saying a dollar bill is made out of cents, or that water is composed of fluid ounces.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I have nothing against science, only the way people use / see it. They use it in place of faith and that is disheartening.

I have nothing against either only that they are both manipulated to keep the illusion of control over souls.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That's what I meant, matter has mass, I just worded it in a different way. You can't have mass if there is no matter.

So what happens when energy is taken away? Is there any more matter or mass left? No, because energy is needed to form them. Energy condenses to make particles, particles condense to make matter, and the more condensed matter is the more mass it has. Energy is the root, particles are the branches, matter is the fruit, and mass is the seed. In that way, everything is energy, including matter.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

The devil lies about not lying either

See your perception of the infinite, I gather you take your ideas from (a cant be updated alpha/omega thing called) the Bible is predicated on a dualistic either/or proposition. If its not of god its the devil. You forget that your book was written, re written, exegisis argued over, final agreement as to what could be called the bible edicted by a mortal Emperor called Constantine.
You need to make it a dualistic devil/god so you take sides after making a value judgement

The day quantumphysics controls my body and my spirit, that will be the day

The day you show me "the devil lying about not lying from the devils own mouth in the bible, and not whats attributed to an observor/witness; hence they accused all who would not follow the "control script" , that will be the day...hehe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join