It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives "

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Can you actually *quote* some of this blind wisdom ?

And try to point out some real facts that are genuine.

the Trust but Verify warning light is *ON*

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Still nothing I see.

You can say what you want about them..still does not make it so..

You claim they are all BS..prove it. You are making the claim so now it is time to put up or shut up..can you do it?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

FYI: One of your links is satire. The 'myths debunked' list.

It appears to be poking fun at right wing rednecks but is actually making fun of the liberal left wing 'Obamacare is awesome' types.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Which one...and oops if so..

But how about the others. Anything else that can be proven to be false.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Again Kaylaluv, call it for what it is. The government is not in the business of selling products therefore it does not market anything.

This is a propaganda piece.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

This one:

themattwalshblog.com...

lol

It's actually poking fun at obamacare defenders.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by solomons path

Supply them.

You have done nothing to refute anything, made some claims with no information to back them up.

Don't be afraid of the Mods, say what you want. Ugh..your fear makes you look weak.

Weak? . . . LOL . . . the only thing weak is the content of your posts and what you believe to be valid arguments.

What's backing up my claims is my knowledge of the industry, not political BS. As I stated previously, why should I "hate" the ACA? It effects nothing in my life or that of my family's . . . outside of my bank account. It's already lining my pocketbook with much more to come. Doesn't change the fact that the people are being misled about the program and what it means to their coverage, care, or wallet. While I'm not going to give up on easy money . . . I certainly don't think the hapless American populace should be used as pawns in a money making scheme, either.

So . . . go ahead and believe in the "change", in fact keep promoting it . . . since you insist on links, here is one for you that shows just how much your zealous defense of this program only enriches my life.

Who really benefits from the ACA?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I read it...then I just now reread it..and went DOH..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

If true you think the republicans would be all over this and would want Obamacare to take effect.

GOP stands up for insurance company profits

One of the reasons the right is against Obamacare.

Insurance firms infuse GOP with big doses of cash

Faced with wide-ranging new requirements in the health care law, the insurance industry is pouring money into Republican campaign coffers in hopes of scaling back regulations while preserving the mandate that Americans buy coverag

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by abecedarian

The best I can do is show the facts and myths about ObamaCare.

Obamacare exchanges open: Facts, myths and tips

Your guide to the Affordable Care Act: separating the facts from the myths
edit on 6-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

My fact, my experience proves ACA doesn't work. If even one person is harmed by this law, that's one too many.
That I'm near the middle-bottom end of the middle class and I'm adversely affected to the tune of $400-500 makes me wonder about the people below my income but still above the threshold.

And my reference for ACA facts is the official website for it- healthcare.gov, not some blog or opinion piece.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

MsAphrodite

Again Kaylaluv, call it for what it is. The government is not in the business of selling products therefore it does not market anything.

This is a propaganda piece.

Actually, I prefer the term "promotion". They are promoting the new healthcare law, to let people know that there some very good benefits for them. "Propaganda" usually means to spread a lie to manipulate the public. But what this particular OP covers is not a lie. The new law IS responsible for the PCIP federal insurance program for people with pre-existing conditions who couldn't get insurance before. The new law IS responsible for requiring that adult children under 26 be allowed to stay on their parents' insurance plan. Those things are true - not a lie.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yes public manipulation. This is the very definition of public manipulation.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Ya me too I'm sold now... What a blatant display of OC propaganda.. These people haven't had time to get billed yet... How can they begin to make such claims.. Deductibles around 8000... Please!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

MsAphrodite

Yes public manipulation. This is the very definition of public manipulation.

Public manipulation by telling them the truth?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Willtell
One can tell the op hit a sore spot by all the vitriol by the anti-insurance mob.

How many of you mobsters DON’T HAVE health insurance?

Now don’t lie just to make a point.

I don't. Have not had for over 20 years, ever since I saw insurance for the ponzi scam it is.

What they are charging in "premiums" could be better put to use by being saved. In a year's time, all your medical expenses would be paid for, with money left over for a huge beer bash, rather than lining some corporate CEO's pockets.

I'm not buying it. They can all bite my dyin' ass. Let's see what it looks like after we finally have legal standing and can demonstrate harm already caused by the "fines", "fees", "taxes", or whatever the hell they're calling the penalty THIS week for not supporting the federal government's enforced subsidy of the insurance scam, their attempted increase of the insurance scammer's "consumer base".

My guess is that SOMEONE didn't read the fine print in the SCOTUS decision in the matter.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

LOL

The Tribune article has dozens of unsubstantiated opinions.

Same with the Sun.

No links to verifications at all.

Both are simple propaganda stories.

All *he said she said*

Fail.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

If anyone is failing it is you. You have nothing, just admit it..

Like I said before..prove it..put up or shut up..

You are doing nothing but claiming they are lies..etc, yet have done nothing to prove it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Democrats receive their fair share as well.
Of the top 10 recipients of donations from the health care industry in 2009, 6 were Democrats. The #1 position was Barack Obama, receiving over $20 million, followed by John McCain at #2 with $9 million and John Kerry with $8 million.

Starting in the 2008 election cycle, the health sector has given more money to Democrats--who had seized control of Congress in 2006--than to Republicans, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics. This was the first time since the 1992 election cycle, right before the Clinton administration's failed health care reform attempt, that the health sector made Democrats its financial darlings.

In the 2008 election cycle, the sector gave $90.7 million, or 54 percent of the total, to Democratic candidates and party committees, compared to $76.6 million to Republicans. That difference is even more pronounced in the first three months of 2009, when Democrats collected 60 percent of the total $5.4 million in contributions*. Obama, who made health care reform a large part of his presidential election platform, brought in $18.8 million from the health care sector in the 2008 election cycle--far more than any other presidential hopeful. Money follows power as the industries ride the tides of Obama-styled change.

Source for the above: Excel spreadsheet compliments of opensecrets.org and diagnosis.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It's called political theater. They are pandering to their base, just as the dems did when the GOP led the charge to subsidize the financial industry.

Plenty in the GOP will profit from this whether it passes or not, be it through investments and industry kick backs or (if they fight it) through votes and donations for standing up to Obama.

You really think either side of the aisle cares about the "average" American?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

If anyone is failing it is you. You have nothing, just admit it..

Like I said before..prove it..put up or shut up..

You are doing nothing but claiming they are lies..etc, yet have done nothing to prove it.

ROFLOL

It's up to you to show the data since none of your precious little articles have anything to rebut.

And I know that you know that the PPACA is 100% owned by Obama, the Democrats, and the Left Wing NGOs.

No Republicans voted for it.

And since I know that you know that the corporations are the central beneficiaries, everybody is concluding that the Democrats support Corporatism 100% !!!

p.s. you are even failing at the Saul Alinsky debate tactics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join