It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superhumans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Then there is this guy....

In fact a lot of interesting stuff on this subject appears here on ATS in this thread

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Thorneblood

Oh man, at first when you said disarm with an imaginary sword, I thought you meant took their arms off. That was an interesting visualization

If a guy could chop people's arms off with an imaginary sword, I'd definitely consider that X-Men material!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I am somewhat confused by these references to the X-men. Over half of that group had powers that are easily referenced in the real world.

Telepathy/Telekinesis
Fire Starting (pyro kinesis)
Enhanced Strength and Agility
Magnetism
Weather manipulation
Shape shifting

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I have heard compelling stories about all that, the only ones on that list I have seen compelling evidence of is the strength and agility one, and pyrokenesis from that chi guy you posted earlier. I saw that one quite a while ago and had forgotten all about it. That was some compelling footage and story for sure.

edit on Fri, 13 Sep 2013 02:07:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Magnetism was covered by Stan Lee's Superhumans in one of those episodes....

Evidence of shape shifting and weather manipulation in the modern age is a bit more difficult considering our ability to apply special effects techniques to video. If you did see it on video, chances are your first thought would be it was a CGI Hoax. However once you include all the folklore surrounding these concepts from many places around the world they begin to gain credibility as a potential super human ability.

Telepathy and TK are widely regarded as some of the most plausible 'powers' despite the many charlatans and con men who have polluted the credibility of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Kaiser Permanente took a good long look at me in an attempt to find a medical explanation for the phenomena as I regularly zapped my doctors when they touched me. They checked to see if I was dehydrated, my electrolyte levels, my iron levels, and even did an EEG, which was the only abnormal thing. They felt that it was also responsible for my arrhythmia issues as they determined that those were due to electrical misfires. Zap a doc = visit to the phlebotomist to check those levels. They were determined to find out why and I appreciated that. However, the insides of my elbows are scarred from blood draws. Medical establishment, I can get but I'd rather not be a public freak show. Besides, I have zero control over it other than it gets worse when I'm mad or stressed. Now you can get why my docs got zapped so much, lol.

Now if I did have control, muahahahha, oh what fun I could have...That guy being a jerk to his wife? ZAP. Mother being wretched to her child? ZAP. Of course, that would still require anonymity. As far as others out there with the extra zappiness, I know they exist. Electrician from the utility company pegged me as a zapper. He told me that he had met maybe 8 in my area alone. We all called in with the same complaint. I'm not that unique. A tetrachromat--now that's unique and amazing. I just break things.

Edit add: I'm a dork. My blood iron levels are higher than normal.
edit on 13/9/13 by WhiteAlice because: dorkishness

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Damn big words, i actually had to google Tetrachromancy to find out what it was.

On the plus side, assuming your female, you might be able to give birth to a Tetrachromat with the "ZAP" power. So there is that to look forward to. Your own baby superheroes.

In humans, two cone cell pigment genes are located on the sex X chromosome, the classical type 2 opsin genes OPN1MW and OPN1MW2. It has been suggested that as women have two different X chromosomes in their cells, some of them could be carrying some variant cone cell pigments, thereby possibly being born as full tetrachromats and having four different simultaneously functioning kinds of cone cells, each type with a specific pattern of responsiveness to different wavelengths of light in the range of the visible spectrum.[12] One study suggested that 2–3% of the world's women might have the kind of fourth cone that lies between the standard red and green cones, giving, theoretically, a significant increase in color differentiation.[13] Another study suggests that as many as 50% of women and 8% of men may have four photopigments and corresponding increased chromatic discrimination in comparison to trichromats.[12] In June 2012, after 20 years of study of women with four cones (non-functional tetrachromats), neuroscientist Dr. Gabriele Jordan identified a woman (subject cDa29) who was able to detect a greater variety of colors than trichromatic ones, corresponding with a functional tetrachromat (or true tetrachromat)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Thorneblood, you're awesome.
Already have two. Neither zap things. My eldest's super power is extreme pedanticism. My youngest? Overventuresome. With their powers combined, they make...the absent minded professor.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The skeptic in me wants to see that done out in the open with cameras all around. I don't know why, but that hanging blanket behind him? It makes me suspicious lol. These days it's extremely difficult to know what is real or illusion. Guys like Blaine come to mind, he blows my mind. I sometimes wonder if he is not doing illusion, but some real deal magic stuff.
edit on Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:12:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

That's the ticket, hounddog. Been years since I heard that great tune & never seen the vid. Sweet!!
Thanks,
Nexo

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The wall hanging behind him doesn't really bother me, maybe i am just gullible, but there is a good couple of feet between his back and that blanket. The blanket doesn't seem to move when he begins to levitate and the cameraman does an OK job of moving the shot around to give a basic glimpse at what is going on beneath his legs and behind his back.

Is it possible it's fake? Sure. However i have spent enough time studying the abilities of Tibetan monks and so on to believe what i am seeing is reality. There is a longer documentary about these monks that was done a few years ago and some of what they show is just awesome. Like monks out in sub zero temps with just those robes on feeling perfectly fine. Apparently they can generate enough internal heat to make a wet rag steam when it is laid on their skin. I will see if i can find the vid for it.

Again, maybe i am gullible, but i want to believe that all of those things that modern science says are impossible are really just things they don't understand. Yet.

(And yea, i grew up in Vegas and spent a good deal of time around professional magicians and street level performers. Some of what they do is mind blowing.That is where my personal experiences with levitation and wall crawling came from. Spend enough time on the Vegas Strip and you will see just about everything.)

@WhiteAlice
Your right. I am awesome. Mozeltov on super babies

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yeah, I have seen some video proving people can mess with their temperature like that, with thermal imaging as the proof put forward. I am not sure why a monk would hoax anything, other than a chance of being famous, what would be the gain?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Culturally, he'd go down in history as being one of those who developed a siddhi. A siddha guru becomes known as having developed such a thing and is admired for being in a state of enlightenment. Developing a siddhi makes one a very important person within the culture.

Another alternative is that, it being a tv show, they were complicit with a hoax. There's been well hell of a resurgence in the ideas promoted by the Psychedelic Movement in the 60's and 70's in the last several years. Basically, the "human potential" movement and it's been very heavy in the media (ie. Fringe). Trance, meditation, and drug usage were what was suggested back then in order to help a person become self actualized with the extreme end of developing a siddhi in kind of a bastardized form of buddhism. Curiously enough, some of the proponents of the Psychedelic Movement (McKenna, Sheldrake, and Abrahams) discussed the idea of motivating a paradigm shift via apocalyptic thinking while at Esalen as well as the creation of a new world order. John Curtis Gowan, a proponent of the movement, educator and author of Trance, Art and Creativity, also wrote of there needing to be a paradigm shift to create a new world order. Curiously enough, Graham Hancock authored "Fingerprints of the Gods" about the Mayan apocalypse and a few years later, wrote Supernatural, a book which chronicled his experiences with ayahuasca, another psychedelic. Graham was involved with a project proposing a different type of world (paradigm shift) in 2012 called Earth 2.0. I used to work for Graham and in my correspondence with him, he would always say that he was simply stirring the pot and attempting to get people to think about things differently.

It's awfully coincidental to have all these individuals on the same track in terms of generating a paradigm shift with the use of apocalyptic thinking, the desire for a new world order, and the use of bastardized buddhism as a way of attaining self-actualization (their brand of enlightenment). Then you see it all getting pushed out by the media (heavy 2012 themes, human potential shows). It's almost like a conspiracy and that's why I jokingly call it "The Hippy Plot". The point is, two venues in particular picked up on this particular theme song and that'd be Newscorp and LIberty Media. If you want, I can back all of the above with links...just being lazy this morning.
edit on 14/9/13 by WhiteAlice because: got a little too lazy and forget to finish the point

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Imagine what could happen if we isolate the genes responsible for such superhuman traits and market them? Imagine what could happen if a millionaire purchased the ability to paint like Van Gogh, or drive as intuitively as Dale Earnhardt once did? Imagine if well-off parents paid cash for the privilege of having their unborn child gifted with all the intelligence of a modern day rocket scientist? Or maybe a little extra oomph in the athletic department?

That's our future.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Maybe i am confused about your post but trance, meditation and drug usage has been acknowledged by many ancient cultures (particularly Shamanism) as a means of reaching enlightenment.

The Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Castaneda (for example) gives a few interesting accounts of this concept, even going so far as to imply there is a "God of Mescaline". There are also references to Ayahuasca, Marijuana and Datura (Which is said to give one the power to lift huge boulders and leap over the tallest trees.)

Anyway, psychedelics when taken properly can actually be a very powerful and transformative experience that can redefine one's perception of reality.

Even Steve Jobs did acid, so it ain't just for hippies and burn outs.

edit on 14-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm very well aware of the role of shamanism in other cultures. I lived with the Navajo for nearly a decade and became enough of a member of the tribe where I was treated on several occasions by a traditional and legitimate Navajo medicine man (not a plastic one). In fact, I have imbibed a concoction during a ceremony whose name among the Navajo is jokingly purported to be "to make you vomit" and aims to open the eyes to a spiritual world. In other words, I have been through the real thing when it comes to a drug-induced shamanistic eye opening ritual. The reason why I was even allowed to do such a thing was simply because my own world view, for whatever reason, was already closely aligned with the Navajo world view. There was little risk of issue.

I have also been heavily exposed to the modified variant of such kinds of shamanism through the Psychedelic Movement. One of the tremendous issues that even Gowan cited in "Trance, Art and Creativity" in his own methodology was disassociation and schizophrenia. In fact, he even has an advisory at the beginning of the book that urges caution and that interested persons should be "advised to seek the help of authorized TM teachers". However, even Gowan ripped apart the mind of a young child:

It goes without saying that any approach by the conscious mind to the numinous element is not without its dangers. Elsewhere (Gowan 1974:134) we have seen the traumatizing effect of the "not-me" on the young child at stage three, and we have detailed the dissociation occasioned by the premature rupture of the conscious overlay, exposing the collective preconscious in our discussion of developmental forcing (Gowan 1974:187).Trance, Art, and Creativity, John Curtis Gowan

The Navajo that I was surrounded by viewed the Psychedelic Movement and practitioners of bastardized forms of shamanistic teachings (New Age) as "plastic medicine men" and dangerous. I tend to agree. There is a whole different world view that the individuals within these cultures grow up within that does not seem to exist within Western society. There is a danger to it that the Psychedelic Movement tends to ignore but at least Gowan didn't.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So basically i was confused about your post, got it. My bad.

Your right, there are serious threats involved in that movement that shouldn't be ignored. I imagine it is at least one of the reasons there were so few medicine men in each of these cultures, most of their own people could not handle the experience. That being said, i still believe it is a valid form of self exploration and spiritual advancement.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Naturally gifted...

To fire a gun faster than a cobra can strike?

Guns are not natural.

Everyone has potential far, far greater than they ever access. Just because you choose not to access it does not mean that you do not have it.

And therefore, do not degrade the intellect, or the honesty, and/or the amount of sweat and patience it took to hone their potential to make yourself feel better about not doing it.

I have super human intuition and intellect abilities. This is not because I was just born with potential, but because I was born and raised to be completely and utterly honest.

It's a motto, and I don't mean to steal it, but it's true: Honesty, Integrity, Commitment. These are the three keys to excellence in whatever you do. Master these three, and whatever you desire is yours.

Just keep in mind that what you desire is a goal, and the goal in your mind is a metaphor for the reality, not necessarily a perfect reflection of the future.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I can explain the small number of medicine men for at least the Navajo tribe. Each tribe, however, is different and has different methodologies. Part of the reason why there are so few medicine men in these cultures is because it takes a distinct type of individual to actually be able to perform the task. The average individual within Navajo culture cannot become a medicine man because they lack what is identified in early childhood to become one. It's often found in family lines and the training for such children begins at around the age of 3-5 and takes years of daily training. So, even a child born in the tribe who may have some of the gifts that makes for a good medicine man may not become one because there is no available teacher and the amount of time that it takes to train a medicine man. While I was living out there, the local news reported that, one of the youngest medicine men yet had finished his training. I believe he was just 17 and the incident was considered to be quite unusual. He was regarded as a phenom and had begun his training at age 3. Typically, they do not go into practice on their own until a much later age and remain under the guidance of their trainer. So, even in the case of the phenom young medicine man, he still had 14 years of daily training by a legitimate and traditional medicine man. Now contrast that with what the practitioners and teachers of the Psychedelic Movement are emanating from. It's kind of like the difference between a chiropractor with an associate's degree and one with a M.D. but even a medicine man goes through many more years of training than a M.D....

Hózhóogo naasháa doo.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
And then u got these gurls,,

2008/09/25 17:50:39
news.bbc.co.uk...

Motorway police have had to deal with two women spotted walking down the central reservation of the M6.

Closest ive ever seen too "SuperHuman"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join