It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superhumans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Do they exist? Of course they do, it has been proved time and time again. Today I watched two episodes of a show called just that, Superhumans

I watched a man withstand way more electricity than should be possible by ten men combined. I watched a man bend a frying pan like it was silly putty, then hold a harley at a standstill for 15 seconds. I watched a man make complex calculations faster than a calculator. I watched a man generate enough power in a one inch puch that could maim or kill another human. I watched a man that can fire a gun, and accurately, faster than a cobra can strike.

My question is this: Are "superhumans" really that superhuman, or have we all been brainwashed into accepting totally BS limitations? I think it is the latter. I think we have been brainwashed from the time we are able to understand speech, to accept limits that are unrealistic in the real world. We are taught to accept a really low minimum standard, that degrades us all.

My next question, how do we overcome these limitations we are brainwashed to accept?
edit on Fri, 09 Aug 2013 23:31:52 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Some people are naturally gifted with a special trait that means with practice they can excel in something much higher than the average limit of skill. An example is professional basket ball player in action.

These people are not super humans but definitely gifted with an incredible ability. Super humans are like you see in marvel, x-men that kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What I have seen is certainly of x-men quality, when compared to the "real world" the rest of us live in. But is the real world really real, or is the real world full of fake limitations that are slung on our shoulders due to our elder's misunderstanding of the world?
edit on Fri, 09 Aug 2013 23:38:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
They`re not super , they simply have fully operational brains .

Something the masses lack due to the day to day brainwashing .

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AthiestJesus

The math genius that was on the show, his math skill was shown to be calculated in parts of the brain that normally process automatic things like eye movement. That was really interesting to me. I wonder what the limits are?

The strongman, well tests showed he was not really that strong, but could fire way more muscle fibers in a short period of time than most. Is this due to him being more talented to all of us, or all of us being taught from an early age we are more limited than we actually are?
edit on Fri, 09 Aug 2013 23:42:53 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A personal superhuman feet of my own. I was about three years old. For whatever reason, I thought it was a great idea to experiment with electricity. I plugged in a lamp without a bulb, then plugged in the cord of our popcorn popper. I thought it would be a swell idea to stick the end of the plug that goes to the popcorn machine, into the empty light base. It literally blew me off the table, it burnt a hole straight through my diaper. Apparently, we didn't have a fuze at the time, the landord got sick of replacing the fuzes and stuck a penny to connect the circut. I should probably be dead at three according to physics or whatnot. The force of the pop blew me off the table, and my parents found me hanging off the edge of the table screaming like a little girl.

That was not the first time I should probably be dead. The first time when I was a few days old, my mom was coming down the steps with me in her arms. They were old steps, her knitted slippers caught one of the nails on the steps, and she tripped. Rather than falling onto me, mom let go and sent me flying through the air, I hit the wall and bounced back to the steps, and then bounced down.

Did I survive those times because I simply did not know it should have killed me? Am I just super lucky? Did either of those things cause my nasty migraines through childhood? Who knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by AthiestJesus

The math genius that was on the show, his math skill was shown to be calculated in parts of the brain that normally process automatic things like eye movement. That was really interesting to me. I wonder what the limits are?

The strongman, well tests showed he was not really that strong, but could fire way more muscle fibers in a short period of time than most. Is this due to him being more talented to all of us, or all of us being taught from an early age we are more limited than we actually are?
edit on Fri, 09 Aug 2013 23:42:53 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

The whole body is a limitation from my point of view. You do not get a manual for it and I cannot see beneath my conscious mind so I really can see where all the information comes from both normal senses and third eye so I can really experience "what is".

Yes you are conditioned to believe you are not psychic (in your unconcious) and that you are separated from the reality around you. Some get beyond the conditioning and experience what scientist cannot prove yet, but still I think I am playing a game with myself where I am deliberately dumbing myself down.

Your soul might have some special ability that is specially designed/evolved for you but it is up to you to find it. I am myself still trying to figure things out because some of the things that works for others do not seem to work for me.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

This is a hidden issue in the whole world. We as people do not value ourselves therefore we are shortsold by our "leaders". That's the funny thing, that its a big secret. I think it IS the biggest lie we have been convinced of from our origin. I have done superhuman things and only met with scorn.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I can zap bananas and wood. Wouldn't call it a talent and should I do it (usually has a very audible SNAP! that stops people in their tracks) in the grocery store, I usually get looked at with horror. Zaps have shattered glasses (even purported unbreakable ones), those plastic faucet covers, and more. I usually need help getting an automated sink to start. Luckily, there's always some stranger nearby who takes pity on me after watching me frantically flap my hand and try everything to get recognized by a damn sink and will reach over to start it for me with a simple sweep of a hand. (I hate those sinks.) Some may call that a gift or talent when it's frankly a disability that breaks crap.

I won't talk about this "issue" with friends or neighbors. Even the ones who will check the electrical wiring on my outdoor lights because I'm constantly blowing the bulbs (can't do CFL on them). Only those closest with me know because they can't help but notice it (love when my best friend is with me at an automated sink because she just turns it on for me without a word--love her!). The biggest reason why I say nothing about my issue? People don't respond well. I've experienced enough shock, horror and uneasy bafflement by total strangers to know better than to say "yeah, I zap crap and am apparently invisible to sinks". Online to total strangers? No problem. I'll let my freak flag fly. I think that there are probably a good number of people out there who can do some pretty different things. I just think that a lot of them aren't willing to be potentially viewed as a freak. We tend to try to be conformist in society. It's just the way things are in our culture. When I lived with a tribe, it was the first time in my life that I felt totally accepted and that I didn't have to hide.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
What I have seen is certainly of x-men quality, when compared to the "real world" the rest of us live in. But is the real world really real, or is the real world full of fake limitations that are slung on our shoulders due to our elder's misunderstanding of the world?

I think I understand what you are wondering. It seems to me that "reality" is real but only to the personal perspective of our own perception of which we have been trained through our life experience to perceive as real or actual.

I'll explain a bit further...recall that newborn babies sleep so much. Then the child slowly sleeps less and less as it grows older. To me this seems to indicate that the subject is slowly awaking to the new "reality" of which it has been born into.

The previous "reality" of which the subject originates is kept in contact with through the sleep cycle throughout the subjects' life.

We are spirit first then body.

-Alien

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Also, people that don't die a sudden death, and go normally of old age, seem to sleep a whole lot towards the end. My grandma slept a whole lot the last week and a half or so, waking only to eat a meal in the morning and to talk a bit, before growing tired and going back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
although he's not human, Wish I Could Fly Like Superman!

Lyrics:
Woke up this morning, started to sneeze
I had a cigarette and a cup of tea
I looked in the mirror what did I see
A nine stone weakling with knobbly knees

I did my knees bend press ups touch my toes
I had another sneeze and I blew my nose
I looked in the mirror at my pigeon chest
I had to put on my clothes because it made me depressed
Surely there must be a way
For me to change the shape I'm in
Dissatisfied is what I am I want to be a better man

Superman Superman wish I could fly like Superman
Superman Superman I want to be like Superman
I want to be like Superman

Woke up this morning, what did I see
A big black cloud hanging over me
I switched on the radio and nearly dropped dead
The news was so bad that I fell out of bed
There was a gas strike, oil strike, lorry strike, bread strike
Got to be a Superman to survive
Gas bills, rent bills, tax bills, phone bills
I'm such a wreck but I'm staying alive

Hey girl we've got to get out of this place
There's got to be something better than this
I need you, but I hate to see you this way
If I were Superman then we'd fly away
I'd really like to change the world
And save it from the mess it's in
I'm too weak, I'm so thin
I'd like to fly but I can't even swim

Superman Superman I want to fly like
Superman Superman Superman wish I could fly like Superman
Superman Superman I want to be like Superman
Superman Superman I want to fly like Superman

edit on 12-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I imagine you have studied the works of Eastern Philosophy, Martial Arts and the Occult right?

Where did you think Gods came from? Where did you assume that all those stories of great heroes and extraordinary acts of strength, speed or unique abilities actually came from?

For example, some people can hold their breath for up to ten minutes with proper training.

While flight MIGHT not be possible i have seen at least two separate acts of what could only be described as minor levitation and one man capable of sticking to walls like spiderman. (Ya know that thing some people do where the hand walk backwards down a wall to do a handstand? It was like that only he stopped halfway and stuck his legs out horizontally for a least two minutes or more before casually coming back to a standing position.)

Everyone is capable of doing these things, most simply learn that they cannot and never bother to prove it to themselves one way or the other. After awhile that truth sets in and it becomes ever harder to change perspective and become open to the possibilities. Currently, and this is a guess, i would say that roughly 5% of the human population is capable of doing things we would consider superhuman. The rest of us have the potential but lack the 'natural talent', training or simple faith to ever accomplish it.

I would say thank science and religion for this, but even that would be largely unfair as many ancient religious beliefs deal heavily with these concepts and even science is starting to come around to the vast potential of the human being.

As to how you change all that?
Well you start by simply accepting and completely embracing something you have been told all your life.
If you can dream it, you can do it.

edit on 12-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

TKDRL

While the abilities of these people are cool and fun to watch, I wouldn't put them anywhere near the likes of actual mutants like the X-Men. All their feats require special circumstances and setups. I don't mean setups as in fakery, just that they have to have a fairly strict circumstance in order to do their thing.

The electric guy can't go wandering around power stations and HV power lines touching stuff without getting killed. He has specific circumstances for allowing him to survive the current.

Bending/rolling a pan isn't really a sign of any superhuman abilities. Just like tearing phone books, it simply requires a particular technique, although you still have to posses a decent amount of strength to make it work. I've actually done the frying pan rolling thing, it was a decent quality laminated stainless steel and copper pan, and it wasn't terribly difficult for me to roll it up after learning the technique.

The Harley thing is the same way, technique mixed with a decent amount of strength. The complex calculations and the quick shooting skills are just that, skills that have taken years to train and hone into what was presented on the show. The human calculator guy could very well be genetically gifted as well.

I'm not sure if it was the same gun guy as on the show you watched, but I've seen vids of an older gentleman who must be the most skillful six-shooter user in the world. He was making crazy fast and accurate shots, it's incredibly impressive if you are a firearms enthusiast, as you know full well the extreme level of talent and dedication required to reach that level of ability.

I think you are right on the money about the low expectations on humans. When we put our minds to it we are capable of amazing things. I don't think they are super humans, I think the majority of us are just sub humans

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

AthiestJesus
They`re not super , they simply have fully operational brains .

Something the masses lack due to the day to day brainwashing .

Being able to quickly and accurately fire a gun, absorb massive electrical shocks, or bend metal aren't exactly indicators of someone with a great intellect (nor is it an indicator of a low intellect, it just doesn't have any correlation) I don't mean that as anything negative against the guys that do those things, just that it really doesn't mean anything as far as how "awake" the person actually is. For all you know those guys fit the definition of a sleeping sheep to your standards.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Acoording to electric guy, that was exactly how he found out his "power". He climbed to the top of a powerstation as a kid meaning to kill himself and grabbed on. Didn't croak, knew something was up.

The shooting guy if I remember correctly, I have seen on a few different shows. Shoots straight from the hip style, deadly accurate and quick.

I guess it probably is like this:
To be the best at what you do, you have to love what you do, be able to scoff at any limitations others try to impose on you, and never think you are at the top of your game. Unfortunately that mentality could also get you killed in some instances.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

WhiteAlice
I can zap bananas and wood. Wouldn't call it a talent and should I do it (usually has a very audible SNAP! that stops people in their tracks) in the grocery store, I usually get looked at with horror. Zaps have shattered glasses (even purported unbreakable ones), those plastic faucet covers, and more. I usually need help getting an automated sink to start. Luckily, there's always some stranger nearby who takes pity on me after watching me frantically flap my hand and try everything to get recognized by a damn sink and will reach over to start it for me with a simple sweep of a hand. (I hate those sinks.) Some may call that a gift or talent when it's frankly a disability that breaks crap.

I won't talk about this "issue" with friends or neighbors. Even the ones who will check the electrical wiring on my outdoor lights because I'm constantly blowing the bulbs (can't do CFL on them). Only those closest with me know because they can't help but notice it (love when my best friend is with me at an automated sink because she just turns it on for me without a word--love her!). The biggest reason why I say nothing about my issue? People don't respond well. I've experienced enough shock, horror and uneasy bafflement by total strangers to know better than to say "yeah, I zap crap and am apparently invisible to sinks". Online to total strangers? No problem. I'll let my freak flag fly. I think that there are probably a good number of people out there who can do some pretty different things. I just think that a lot of them aren't willing to be potentially viewed as a freak. We tend to try to be conformist in society. It's just the way things are in our culture. When I lived with a tribe, it was the first time in my life that I felt totally accepted and that I didn't have to hide.

I find it very surprising and disappointing that people would react so negatively. I can assure you I'd be very interested and amazed if I were to meet you!

I'm curious, have you tried to research this, document it in any way? If you consistently do this, it should be very easy to test and document. You could probably even get on that superhumans show and meet Stan Lee

I'm just thinking it would be a good idea to figure out what's going it. There could be unforeseen negative health effects for yourself, and if you are generating electrical shocks strong enough to shatter glass, that's definitely a danger to people around you, and a danger to equipment.

Not mention if you have this ability, demonstrating and proving it could go a long way to help increase the knowledge about these "superhuman" or "supernatural" abilities some people claim to have. There could be others out there like you, who might be scared, confused, and ashamed. Someone coming out and showing their "powers" might make them feel a lot better about themselves, and relieve some of the issues related to their "powers"

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by James1982

Acoording to electric guy, that was exactly how he found out his "power". He climbed to the top of a powerstation as a kid meaning to kill himself and grabbed on. Didn't croak, knew something was up.

The shooting guy if I remember correctly, I have seen on a few different shows. Shoots straight from the hip style, deadly accurate and quick.

I guess it probably is like this:
To be the best at what you do, you have to love what you do, be able to scoff at any limitations others try to impose on you, and never think you are at the top of your game. Unfortunately that mentality could also get you killed in some instances.

Heh that's kind of depressing that the guy figures out his electrical abilities while trying to kill himself! I guess it helped him somehow otherwise he wouldn't still be with us

Loving what you do is absolutely required for being the best of the best. Some people are naturally talented in things they aren't particularly fond of. It may allow them to surpass most normal people, but nothing compares to someone totally dedicated because it's a real passion of theirs.

From your description it sounds like the same shooting guy, didn't even aim, just blasted away and somehow every round found its mark. Take that, firearms instructors that say you can't fire accurately from the hip

BTW, what the heck is with these new emoticons! The ones in my post look absolutely nothing like a winkyface! Looks more like an Xbox power button.
edit on 13-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
We can take this back even further.....

Miyamoto Musashi (The Sword Saint) was said to have developed the ability to disarm his opponents with an imaginary sword.

There are legends from the Pacific Northwest that speak of an indian tribes ability to change shape and fly (And that's just one of the many accounts of this ability)

Then of course there is the concept of Tulpa's in Tibetan Buddhism. A woman by the name of Alexandra David-Neal claimed to have used this ability to create a "Friar Tuck" like monk that eventually developed a will of its own and had to be destroyed.

I don't even have to describe what Rasputin was supposedly capable of, nor do i feel i should expand upon the "Miracles of Jesus" as much of what he did could fall into this category as well.

edit on 13-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Oh man, at first when you said disarm with an imaginary sword, I thought you meant took their arms off. That was an interesting visualization

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join