It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Police Kill 18 Year Old Alone On Streetcar. Caught on Video. I Am Speechless.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

So you are saying this kid deserved to die?

Hate to be the one to break it to you but you are already sick, my friend ...

They told him "drop the knife - one more step and you're finished" - he didnt drop it and he prolly took a step.

Now... do you want to test it? What would you do in his shoes?

I would drop the knife and stay very very still...

If he did anything but that... maybe he did deserve.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

I threatened a whole streetcar with a knife

Who do you threatened on an EMPTY street car? The victim told everyone to LEAVE the car. What kinda criminal takes an empty street car as hostage???

You have trouble reading? "He had pulled a knife and ordered everybody off the streetcar, witnesses say."

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I already gave a possible answer for the 9 shots, stop assuming he was hit 9 times. Did he fall at the first shot and the other 8 were in the back while he was on the ground? I'll wait for the autopsy report and then make a judgement. I have also seen someone take multiple 9mm shots and not go down.

As I said in my first post, the cops could've waited him out since no one was on the bus, BUT if he made a move towards a cop WITH the knife, all bets are off.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No i can read fine, he told everyone to leave the car, did not take hostage.

The video you see is after everyone left the car. Police gathered by door, the just open fire.

Many even said they can't believe it was a gun shot, they didn't expect one.

and please don't assume "he probably took a step"... i'm pretty sure that how the police going to justify this.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I added this video-still to the opening post...

If you select 1080 as the video quality on YouTube, you can get a better sense as to the actual sequence of events. Sammy Yatim was standing just behind the front of the car, visible in the first window. He dropped his arms and headed toward the front/entrance. The Toronto police immediate fired, before any determination as to Sammy Yatim's intent could possible be made -- they fired at first forward movement at a person some 15 feet from them, holding a knife.

Later in the video, you can hear a taser being used, apparently on the injured Sammy Yatim. Why wasn't a taser used earlier?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Obviously, Toronto Police Officers has been watching too much American Law Enforcement videos. Shoot first and ask questions later? or "If you see a man with a knife, shoot, shoot shoot!!!" We have seen that countless of times here in the states and thats acceptable by most departments because it's justifiable in their policies.

I can tell you by my experience, when my fugitives decides in his head he's going to pull a knife on me, I will taze him without a second notice. Your firearm should always be holstered unless its an intimate threat to your life or if he (suspect) has an firearm

In this case, this officer did not use his best judgment and why because they are all trigger happy. This maybe a shock to Toronto residents but here in the states, that's a normal everyday occurrence.

I do hope that this officer will be held accountable to an degree. Every (honorable) peace officer should have a taser with them.
edit on 29-7-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

If you took the time to read the news link is states that none of the officers had a taser. It wasn't until after the shooting started that an officer with a taser arrived on scene.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I would like to add there is another video that was mounted on the wall behinds the officers, it had clear view thru the door. I'm at work i can't go to youtube, i would later when i get home.

Edit:

I guess some cops just can't go on without being trigger happy for a while, this guy probably thought this is his only chance, might as well go crazy.
edit on 7/29/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
they didn't need to kill him, who cares, blah blah blah, same old crap. not getting better.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

He arrived after the shooting and tasered the kid? Jesus effing Christ, did someone feel left out? These cops today are nothing but bullies. Cowards who hide behind a badge.

I've seen it, take away the badge, taser, gun and night stick and they're nothing but shaking, scared, piss in their pants at the first hint of danger, run cryin' to mama cowards.

God damn outlaws.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

. I cannot imagine him being a threat after already being shot three times and put down.

IE the last six shots were murder. Plain and simple.

I would have to agree

Disgusting

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't see how the guy was a threat to the officers safety.

He was on a bus. They could of left him there and gotten a negotiator to come in.
They could of gassed the bus to get him off.
A ton of things.

This could of been handled differently.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As a Torontonian, im not going to hate on Cops, Toronto cops are pretty decent, compared to the York Regional cops(drug dealers!).

All the conversation i had with them are pretty good. That is why i am shocked about this.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
WHAT A FREAKING DRAMA! police cars, cops, gun shootings and all for a knife?

If that was in the UK there would have been 2 bobby's and he would have got lifted...

Embarrassing...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

People are just glad when they read "cops killed this or that - x shots fired etc"

Oh, please! You do not speak for me when you make asinine statements like the one above. I can surmise by the way you use the word "prolly" for probably that you are likely quite young and immature. Time to grow up. Grow a heart while you're at it.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for adding the still S.O.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Let's see how long it takes for someone to enter the thread and say it was a justifiable shoot.

My guess is 10 posts or less.

There's not really a lot I can say about the cowardice displayed in that video that wouldn't violate some t+c policy, so I'm just going to fume quietly for a while.

drop the knife, you better drop that knife smh. you dont listen you get popped

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

The taser was deployed while he was down to ensure officer safety while he is being handcuffed. Depending on the Toranto PD Use of Force SOP, a cop is instructed to go 1 up with a individual. If the suspect has a knife ie deadly force, then the officer goes to firearm.

I get so tired of monday morning quarterbacking form people who have never been in this situation. "shoot him in the leg, taser him, blah blah. YOU become a cop and be superman that way this won't ever happen again. Problem solved.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Heres how its done:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Gun Vs Knife? Hmmm I think this is a situation where a taser could have been utilized.

For me this proves the necessity now of a unit of police officers trained in Melee combat.

All it takes is one guy suited up in kevlar to bum rush the knife wielder and hit him with a shield while others jump in and subdue him.

This whole shooting people first thing kind of looks like a police psyop to just be able to kill who ever for whatever reason without ever really trying to bring them in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join