It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army WTF Moments-Sasquatch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I normally don't lurk in these forums much, and usually stick to the aviation ones, but when I saw this and had it confirmed to be a real document, I couldn't resist posting it. I ran a search or two or five, but couldn't find this anywhere.

So this is an actual document from the US Army going over the Camp Ripley Range Control training center in Minnesota. And this is an epic fail on the part of the Army!!!

Without further adieu, I give you sasquatch listed as a rare species

I'm not here to say whether bigfoot exists or not (I for one think they do), but why would the army list this as a rare species unless they knew something? Or is it an epic failure on the part of the army?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe the sasquatch reference was placed there in jest.

But it would be very interesting if it is a serious example.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

I've seen this posted before at a post in NorCal. I couldn't believe it myself when we took the class, we asked the Range Master about it, and he said its not a joke but were were still like yeah right, com'n

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Drop bears must also be real then, here are details of them at the Australian Museum....
australianmuseum.net.au...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"sasquatch" in the sense of these papers = any unkown animal.

The Army isn't exactly renown for enlisting intellectual juggernauts. Too many red neck back-woods raised hillbilly servicemen may be of the habit and policy of "what is it? I dunno, let's shoot it".

Too often too, the marginally educated tend to be superstitious and taken to believing in things that might not necessarily be so.
Someone in a Ghillie Suit may give the impression of being "Sasquatch" to such wide eyed mouth agawk types, and specifically naming such a thing lowers the risk of morons killing people.

It's more there for psychological effect than actuality.

There could, of course, actually BE a sasquatch species, but, naming it as an actuality covers the bases in also lowering the risk to any other human-shaped non-designated targets.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This video might relate.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe the sasquatch reference was placed there in jest.

But it would be very interesting if it is a serious example.

Not sure why it's listed but I don't think it's a joke. The army doesn't have a great sense of humor - at least not when it comes to official documents.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think theres a Squatch in those woods.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The military has all the thermal imaging cams and can travel vast distances . I have always though if anyone could prove they are real it would be the military and this just proves my thinking was true. I know for a fact there real from personal experiences. Zero doubt here!!! i herd they dont disclose the the truth about bigfoots because they dont want people hunting them for trophy's or upsetting there habitats,

Star and Flag OP cool find never seen this before

edit on 20-7-2013 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I actually don't think it is a joke. There have been occasional reports of cougar sitings in the Midwest these reports started to increase in recent years but forestry employee's were certain most if not all were not cougars as they left the Midwest centuries ago, they had been considered extinct in the Midwest. Now the cougar sitings are being taken for truth as the reporting incidences and physical evidence have increased to the point that the consensus is they are returning i noticed they are listed on that instructional document

For years people reported sightings of giant squids but only dead carcases were found but now they have been video"d and proven to exist

In Tasmania the settlers feared the Tasmanian Tiger or Thylacine and set out to eradicate them. Years after they were determined to be extinct they were placed on the endangered species list, and people still report seeing them...it is possible some survived.

Reports of the Sasquatch go way back in time and similar creatures are reported in nearly all countries by different names, they are considered not to exist because no one has ever found physical evidence of one, such as a carcass or bones. But I consider the idea that Neanderthals were considered at one time not to have evolved to reach a state of acknowledging each other with the same emotions shown by later hominid species, but now it has been found that they cared for their ill, they buried their dead with flowers and belongings, so they recognized similar bonds to others that we do, and they have even now found utensils that appear to have been used for makeup and grooming.

I think it"s inclusion on these instructions reflects the fact that although we have no proof people have reported encounters with them throughout time not all areas of this earth are even mildly populated< there are forests< mountains plenty of hiding places< and if they bury their dead the chances of finding a carcass or remains will be slim since there is no indication where they might inhabit or bury their dead despite it"s questionable existence if a member of our military were to find one and shoot it dead< the outcry would be astounding>

Very similar to the response to the Chicago Police killing the first Cougar to make it's way into residential areas, something potentially rare need not be destroyed, there are other means of management if needed.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

"The Army isn't exactly renown for enlisting intellectual juggernauts. Too many red neck back-woods raised hillbilly servicemen may be of the habit and policy of "what is it? I dunno, let's shoot it". "

Do you have experience or sources that indicate these feeble minded idiots (as you seem to imply) will actually discharge thier weapon without the authority given to do so? While there are people in the military who might not be as intellectually gifted as you think you are. They are trained as best as possible not to just start blasting away and shooting things in the woods just because they get surprised by something they can't identify. Apparently being a part of a military organization is not in your area of expertise and you shouldn't be making comments like that if your not qualified.

I find your high brow attitude tiresome.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think that's the Army being the Army. Someone, somewhere, in a small office, after pissing off someone (no doubt) got the duty of writing that list and then he came to what to do in reporting animals. He probably figured if on the 1:Million chance a real big foot really did go wandering across a firing range, he better mention it be REPORTED and not TERMINATED on sight......so they can then bust the butt off the moron who goes ahead and shoots it anyway.

Kinda like the Pentagon supposedly having invasion plans for London. They plan and think of things just because it's a possibility in theory to a remote chance. lol.... People wonder how they spend over a half trillion a year? Well, regulations to report Sasquatch to proper range command seems like a dandy example, indeed.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thanks so much for posting this!

David Paulides has written a few books. But this reminded me of an article I read. Specifically the Dennis Martin case. See Below. This is from the book, missing 411.

So now we have 2 data points. Alone, they would be circumspect, but together they start to form a circumstantial evidence case. Correlation or causation? Coincidence, or not? None the less, interesting.

One case of notable strangeness, was the case of Dennis Martin in 1967. Dennis's father was watching him play hide-n-seek. While hiding behind a bush 60 feet from his father in clear view of his location, all the kids came out from hiding except for Dennis. He vanished without a trace and his father stated "there's no way he could have run off that fast." Later, a 1000 man search party found absolutely no trace of the child. Unknowingly to the search party and the Martins, 100 green berets show up on the scene and setup a base at a different location to also search for the child, supposedly. Along with the military, the FBI willingly comes to search as well. Did the governemnt and military really care about the well being of this child, or did they come to cover up some shocking truth of the nature of our reality? Something that the public can absolutely have no knowledge of.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
"sasquatch" in the sense of these papers = any unkown animal.

The Army isn't exactly renown for enlisting intellectual juggernauts. Too many red neck back-woods raised hillbilly servicemen may be of the habit and policy of "what is it? I dunno, let's shoot it".

Too often too, the marginally educated tend to be superstitious and taken to believing in things that might not necessarily be so.
Someone in a Ghillie Suit may give the impression of being "Sasquatch" to such wide eyed mouth agawk types, and specifically naming such a thing lowers the risk of morons killing people.

It's more there for psychological effect than actuality.

There could, of course, actually BE a sasquatch species, but, naming it as an actuality covers the bases in also lowering the risk to any other human-shaped non-designated targets.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

this is one of your worst comments I've read. so you think ignorant hillbillies added the word sasquatch for psychological effect? what in the hell are you talking about? it's comments like this that make me think the author is just flailing their arguments around because they really have nothing substantial to say on the subject. Just shotgunning denial all over the place with their eyes closed hoping to hit some portion of the target.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Maybe infantry, but you can't make blanket statements about those who serve in the Army in general. My son was an intelligence analyst between 2000 and 2005 and served in the Army both overseas and at the NSA. He has a degree in math and is almost done with his law degree. He is a very intelligent person, not a back woods redneck at all. Just clarifying.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That's quite interesting Boomer.
Would people in the Army in remote areas dress up as Bigfoot to maybe scare the new recruits for a laugh, and it was added so they wouldn't get shoot!!

edit on 20-7-2013 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When I went to SERE training in Washington state, we had a briefing about wildlife up in the mountains where we were going to be spending the next week. They specifically told us not to feed the moose up there. We all laughed and thought it was a joke until we got up there and saw a mama moose with her baby start charging us.

Now this is Air Force, not Army, but I don't think that the Army is in any way dumber or less educated than the Air Force. Its all about choices people make

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well maybe it has to do with mistaking someone wearing one of these...

as this...

That is just my guess, but I could be totally wrong.

Then there was this interesting thread about sightings at Edwards AFB..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-7-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well by god, color me a mouth-breather.

Seriously, that post was insulting to a large number of people.
Well done.

I am also of the opinion that Sasquatch could be real.
My sighting was extraordinary. But I do leave plenty of room that my eyes were deceived. Regardless, an awful lot of people report seeing them.

I certainly wouldn't call such people idiots.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

My understanding is that there is state legislation that protects big foot as such having it listed as a protected species makes sense to me...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join