It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all the same person?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OK,
Been doing some thinking.
I've been playing devils advocate on a few threads and cutting through the merde on a few others. Wandering and wondering about the convoluted activities of the human psyche yadda yadda yadda.

It occured to me.

What if say, Karma, wasn't just a female dog. ( I had a springer spaniel named Karma. Loved her.)

What if Karma was simply the crux of things?

What if every act towards another person was guaranteed to come back to you?

How?
Let's say, the first person knew three things we don't know.

For instance, time travel, reincarnation and, this is conjecture,mind you, that there was only one soul in the universe.

Could that soul make a choice to take a physical body?

Could that soul, upon taking a physical body, become lonely.

Could that soul die in the physical world, travel back in time, reincarnate, and keep it's self company, thus producing a new timeline and two pasts, two presents and two futures....but still one soul?

Then, this soul, in two times, repeats the cycle, creating four physical bodies,then eight, then 16 and so on.

This soul eventually realizes that it is simply repeating already experienced events, so to prevent boredom it makes a drastic decision.

It decides to forget who it is in the physical world but to remember in the non physical world.

Then it begins to become more diverse and develops over time into billions of people. All with different lives, loves , characters, cultures, races, religions and so forth.

All love lost and wars waged by one soul?

Just a bit of cogitation for a quiet afternoon.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I liked that, good way to put forward the "one soul" theory.

One thought is, if the above was true, what would happen to that "one" soul at the end of planet Earth? Would it "fizzle out", or go off to pastures new?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
God, what a mind you have.

Sure glad I'm not you.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
I liked that, good way to put forward the "one soul" theory.

One thought is, if the above was true, what would happen to that "one" soul at the end of planet Earth? Would it "fizzle out", or go off to pastures new?

Well,
Who says it all started here in the first place.
Our world could be like the one horse town in death valley where people only stop for gas.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Sure glad I'm not you.

Ahh.

But you just might be me.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Interesting its like the 0 and the 1 forgetting they are both part of a binary code and so one w/o the other = no more code and something else...
it would seems though uniqueness is generated as the experiences continue on.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Interesting its like the 0 and the 1 forgetting they are both part of a binary code and so one w/o the other = no more code and something else...
it would seems though uniqueness is generated as the experiences continue on.

NAMASTE*******

Binary Karma.
The new math.
I like it.

So the human race is a big database of binary numbers. The original soul sees these numbers as a code or language in the form of a "book of everything". It, you, I, we read this book when not in physical form and then dive back into life to write in a new character or form a new equation.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What if there is really only one Higgs Bosun Particle? and it had the ability to time travel ?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Interesting perspective badgerprints

Originally posted by mazzroth
What if there is really only one Higgs Bosun Particle? and it had the ability to time travel ?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

I think we may have found the solution to the dark matter conundrum as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

All of that plus this. At any point in this whole process you put forth, any or maybe all incarnations arrive at an opportunity to grab hold of their own individual impulse within the one and charge it up with it's own augmented direction. Those which don't continue on within the original template for that incarnation. Those which do grab hold of the incarnation from WITHIN the incarnation, spark alternative possibilities unavailable to those which don't.
Exactly what those alternative possibilities might be are open to further experiment by those who wish to experiment.

And to quote from one of my favorite movies, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. "You just keep thinking there Butch. That's what your good at."

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Sure glad I'm not you.

Ahh.

Intrptrs eyes fog over, his body slowly rocks back and forth, back and forth...

"Repeat after me... you miiiight be meee..."

"I Miiight be youuu..."

Nah, its not working for me. I never could be hypnotized. Guess I'll just have to be me. Soorry...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Sure glad I'm not you.

Ahh.

Intrptrs eyes fog over, his body slowly rocks back and forth, back and forth...

"Repeat after me... you miiiight be meee..."

"I Miiight be youuu..."

Nah, its not working for me. I never could be hypnotized. Guess I'll just have to be me. Soorry...

See.
All of my life they've never been able to hypnotize you.
It makes perfect sense.
OK wait.
Which one of me/you was never hypnotized first?

On another note,
What are our views on future life regression?

edit on 5-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Deep thoughts, but I think Andy Weir beat you to it LOL

You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless.
You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death.
The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail.
Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said. “What about them?” “Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

Andy Weir - The Egg

It's an interesting premise. All the good or evil we do, we do to ourselves and in the process learn all things necessary to move forward in order to become what we are meant to be.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

See.

Whoops, you said "which one"...
Gig is up.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If I are you and you are me and we are all together?
probably the most sense of a lot of mystical crapoola.
Think we are all Actually cumulatively GOD?
They say theres a spark in every one of us....what if it were a piece of a whole?
You rip off yer neighbour well,....its yourself you hurt....in the end all evil is self destroying....
facets of God? with the universe for gods dream of what it would be like if he really did create anything at all?
Or the just maybe the universes are.................................... GOD poop?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Not me, I'm a little different
I'm sure that there are a few here that will substantiate that.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If you take away the ego then we are all the same. Without the separation of ego every act committed upon another is an act upon self. Thought you might like this.

The Egg
By: Andy Weir

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Then it begins to become more diverse and develops over time into billions of people. All with different lives, loves , characters, cultures, races, religions and so forth.

All love lost and wars waged by one soul?

Well your thought experiment isn't the only mechanism by which we could all be the same consciousness... there are some elements of quantum mechanics which imply we are all one consciousness in superposition. It's some what similar to the theory which suggests that every electron in the universe is actually the same electron, and that's why every electron is exactly the same.

But putting all that aside for a moment... I don't think it really matters whether or not we are all really part of the same consciousness because reincarnation is true in some sense, whether or not our consciousness survives after death. Some people fear experiencing eternal blackness when they die, others welcome this premise as if it were an "eternal slumber" after a long hard life... but how can you "experience" anything if your consciousness has deceased?

There is no eternal blackness. Even if I'm gone there will be someone somewhere experiencing something in this universe of infinite possibilities... this concept is a little bit like reincarnation but not exactly, it's much more abstract. If you look forward to experiencing an eternal slumber you can simply forget about it, because consciousness dominates this reality and the only ones "experiencing" anything are conscious observers.

Now taking this all into consideration it's pretty obvious that something similar to reincarnation exists even if reincarnation as we typically think of it doesn't exist. If I choose to be a greedy and evil person I'm simply making the world a worse place to live for future conscious observers, and "I" (using that term in a very abstract sense now) could easily be one of those conscious observers... if that makes any sense.

This is why empathy is such an important tool... we must try and understand how our actions make others feel. If all of us go about our lives with a completely self-serving attitude and treat others like crap, it may feel good right now to step all over people in order to earn a vast wealth, but we'd be creating a world where the majority of conscious observers are dealt the short end of the stick, increasing the probability that "I" get dealt a crappy card.

Try to imagine in your head right now, having your fingernails peeled off and your eye balls removed by a psychopathic murderer... the pure unadulterated agony and pain of such a nightmarish scenario. If you could live 100 different lives what do you think the probability of being tortured would be? Well it would be some what proportional to how much torturing you did to others in those 100 lives.
edit on 6/7/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

See.

Whoops, you said "which one"...
Gig is up.

OK.
I got me.

Bobsuruncle and Purplemer...
I'll have to read the egg closely.
I really am not surprised that someone "beat me to it"
I was just doing a bit of mental ping pong and the idea sort of...congealed.

I've never been a proponent of the "we are all one mind" school of thought. They idea just worked out that way after I began to follow it.

edit on 5-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join