It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: Lets Stand Behind Him 100%

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
I was all for this guy up til he decided to hang with China and if China is offering to protect him then he is giving them secrets also.

Hong Kong

Let me guess, you're one of those conservatives who basically still thinks the world never moved on from the good old days of "commies" being the enemy?

Hong Kong is fighting the influence of China, but it independent. There are some places he perhaps could have gone to instead, but then who's to say that is actually where he says he is?

How does anyone here know that he actually is in Hong Kong?

If I were him I probably would have planned a way out to Iceland and then just given the impression that I was somewhere else. Either way, it makes no difference. He's released this information to the world, not to China, so your point is pretty much null and void.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Individuals like Edward Snowden, Brandon Bryant, and Bradley Manning symbolize a new paradigm. They represent an emerging class of incorruptible individuals who will ultimately be responsible for helping to dismantle the old paradigm, a deceitful, deceptive, and dishonest system.

These individuals have chosen to sacrifice themselves, for humanity. They're not the last either, in fact it appears as if this is just the beginning. Hopefully, more and more courageous individuals will come forward to throw monkey wrenches into the evil works of a depraved "one world government."

F.T.G.

edit on 10-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I support him. He'll go down as a hero. The government will try to vilify him, and that will make him even greater. I wish I could be with him, to help watch his back.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
When you pass legislation or Executive Orders that make things that are unlawful under the Constitution, lawful in the society and nation... all you have done is generated a ruse for the consumption of the majority ignorant mass of Americans.

Legislation does not make breaking the rule of law, legal.

Rhetorical propagandizing through an integrated campaign of strategic misinformation through media and cultural "memes" that are floated out into the public perception... that is how you subjugate a nation covertly... and how this deal in the U.S. works.

It remains to be seen how this will play... there are certainly a lot of "patriots" that think Bush/Cheney were the good guys, and misconstrue supporting our service members with unquestioning approval of the Military/Intel Industrial Complex.

As others have said... hard to say whether this will wake up the American public. It will wake up more... and it might make more lefties acknowledge, that so far as freedoms and civil liberties... there's not a lick of difference between the establishment political parties.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think most people forget, or don't care that when they passed the patriot act the reasoning was that it would only be applied to people that were suspected of being a terrorist. Now it turns out that what that really meant was we're all suspects.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

If he did leak war crimes as you just stated. Do you not think it prudent to go after those that commited and ordered these crimes to take place..
What makes you think he did this for internet fans when he passed the information Anon.. Have you even bothered reading into the story of why he leaked the information. Are you aware he tried to pass the information about torture to the correct authorities and was told where to go. Are you aware that what he did was correct under international law.. I guess not..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

edit on 10-6-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What part of taking an oath do you people fail to understand. Regardless of his motivation he gave away secrets to dismantle the conference between the US and China about the amount of data they steal from American companies and American citizens every single day.

No one here can put away their zest for digital freedom to see the timing of all these leaks. President Obama's conference with the New Chinese President over their continuing theft of practically everything in our market system by their government hackers now has been terminated.

They(The Justice Department) has reserved a 9X6 hole in a Supermax for him right between Crazy Ted and Ramzi if he ever steps foot back in this country. He has little choice but to defect to China and be the biggest traitor in US history.

They will get him.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
he has my vote.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by KeliOnyx

If he did leak war crimes as you just stated. Do you not think it prudent to go after those that commited and ordered these crimes to take place..

Did I say it wasn't? Still doesn't absolve him of his wrong doing.

What makes you think he did this for internet fans when he passed the information Anon.. Have you even bothered reading into the story of why he leaked the information. Are you aware he tried to pass the information about torture to the correct authorities and was told where to go. Are you aware that what he did was correct under international law.. I guess not..

There isn't so much an issue with what he did in principle. There is an issue in what he specifically did. He copied and leaked any data he could indiscriminately, whether it was related to any specific incidents of military misconduct or not. He doesn't even know with any level of detail every piece of information he leaked. You don't get a free pass doing a little bit good, when in the same series of actions you have done just as much if not more harm.

People sit here lauding this this tool (aka Pvt. Manning for those of you who are intellectually impaired, getting ready to attack me without reading exactly what it is I am saying). You sit and whine about the military and drone strikes when for all intents and purposes he did the exact same thing. Small target leaving a huge pile of rubble.

That is what makes a difference between Manning and Snowden to the best of our knowledge at this time. One chose internet fame and dressed it up as following his conscience. The other chose his conscience and sought materials that wouldn't compromise anyone's safety. You can't claim a guilt ridden conscience as the reason for whistle blowing and then turn around and put other people in harms way because of what you leaked.

Do not misunderstand me there is a time and a place for those that would leak things that need to be leaked. But there is also a right and wrong way of doing so. The way it appears Mr. Snowden has done this, it is going to be very difficult for the Government to punish him severely because he will get a fair amount of public support for his actions as long as the facts at present do not change much.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Yea you got me I'm all that
and are you so sure he told the world everything? Go back and reread what he said he released to the public.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You guys should make Obama step down. He has blatantly lied to the american people. I can't believe he has said you need to trust him on this after being caught red handed. I think the whole world would be behind you lot as it came out first that they were spying on the rest of the world but not America., like that makes it ok.

A legitimate window has come for the world to stand up together and as one and say NO

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Can't you at least wait until the information is released that China is using this man as a tool against the USA? Yes what he said is true, but do you really think he isn't backed by China. Hong Kong can't do anything with China gov't Ok'ing it. Its completely obvious.

Whats going to happen is the media will get the public to beleive this guy betrayed the USA. You seriously think this will stop all the recordings? It won't.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Paranoia, big destroyer...

It seems to me that the US government's fear and paranoia of the rest of the world has finally gotten the better of them. So much so that they're more than willing to rip the US constitution right out from under its citizens without even a second thought.

This poor kid has put his entire life at risk in order to do the right thing by informing his fellow countrymen of what's going on behind the curtain.

Maybe it's high time for someone to take a book of matches and use the White House as bonfire kindling....... again.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So if someone runs out and breaks the law, blows up an abortion clinic, a hospital, a law firm, a school, a mosque, a financial institution; or what have you... on moral grounds; we should give them a get out of jail card and call them heroes too?

I can't call the man a hero, if he broke the law he should stand up and pay the piper; and drag it out in court of law and face justice and or acquittal. Rather than cowardly running away to another country.

The law(s) exists for a reason.
M.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So... WHEN is the HIRED government held accountable for breaking the law?

Our rights are being stripped and we decide which policies are right and wrong (laws)... we the people. The Government has got to go. New and fresh ideas and people to follow through maturely and ethically is what I want... not some corrupt, money hungry, surveillance having, big brother type of people.

He should not have to keep silent and I am so glad he didn't.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

He broke the "law" by exposing the corruption in GOVT that uphold and make such laws. Under the circumstances, seeing how he is NOT blowing up a hospital, killing police, bombing marathoner's, controlling a drone, but rather exposing GOVT corruption.

His act of treason was against a treasonous GOVT.

Who do the public wish to support?

I say bring him home to America to help lead a political rebellion.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Question is what in the world are we to do about it?it just exposes more of the reality that generation after generation we willingly give complete controll to our governments,who time and time again lie and betray us.
Surprise ,i think NOT

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Organise, get creative. Gain back your Independence.

Canada would be like taking off a limb. America would be the jugular, Israel, the heart.
edit on 10-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

So you trust and believe a man who worked under a contractor at the CIA and not an actually employee, who has just a GED for education, who said in his interview: "I had the authority to wire tap you, your accountant, a federal judge or even the President" Who is in China "our adversary" btw when it comes to matters of this nature and stands to gain against us by having him there.
OP, I think your Delusional!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join