It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: Lets Stand Behind Him 100%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I do not agree there.. Bradley Manning leaked war crimes and is now being labelled a criminal himself. The man is a here and has exposed the criminality of war. He deserves a medal for his bravery too..

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Thought this appropriate. Was saving it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was all for this guy up til he decided to hang with China and if China is offering to protect him then he is giving them secrets also.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Let's show support.

I made a facebook page for a demonstration of sorts. Yes, this is my first post but I'm very passionate about my privacy.

Link removed, Staff

Terms and Conditions of Use

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on 9/6/2013 by Sauron because: Link removed

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalynn
Let's show support.

I made a facebook page for a demonstration of sorts. Yes, this is my first post but I'm very passionate about my privacy.

So your very first post on ATS and you want people to join you in a demonstration on facebook.

I would not touch this one with a ten foot pole members.

edit on 9-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

He leaked more than just war crimes, he is a traitor and should be spending his life behind bars. If he had just stuck to leaking war crimes, people would have been more sympathetic. It is that simple. There is a world of difference between the person that speaks out because of their conscience and one who is just looking for internet fans.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
The backlash is beginning

US GOVERNMENT SECRETLY ACCESSING PHONE RECORDS US Congressman Peter King: 'If Edward Snowden did in fact leak the NSA data as he claims, the United States government must prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law and begin extradition proceedings at the earliest date. The United States must make it clear that no country should be granting this individual asylum. This is a matter of extraordinary consequence to American intelligence.' - via @NBCNews

edit on 9-6-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

He is in Hong Kong. It is extremely unlikely that he would be extradited notwithstanding Saturday's meet with the Chinese president and Obama, no coincidence there I presume?
The thing is China is pretty miffed about hacking allegations directed against them, so pretty much touché.
However, Obama did come away with Chinese assist over North Korea from that meeting. Contrary to one ex-CIA man's take on things, (that American safety is paramount after 9/11, and that this man will be a pariah) I think most Americans will just as pissed as many Europeans will be, since this affair is a product of, and ongoing since world war two. There is bound to be a lot more fall-out over this in the ensuing weeks, and probably years.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalynn
Let's show support.

Link removed, Staff

Terms and Conditions of Use

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on 9/6/2013 by Sauron because: Link removed

Awwww we can't mobilize for social action.....I regarded this site more highly than I should have.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

He leaked more than just war crimes, he is a traitor and should be spending his life behind bars. If he had just stuck to leaking war crimes, people would have been more sympathetic. It is that simple. There is a world of difference between the person that speaks out because of their conscience and one who is just looking for internet fans.

He talked about abuse, that would be correct in the sense that the NSA charter is intelligence gathering of foreign entities, and even the 'secret intelligence court' that makes surveillance orders should actually be called, 'The Foreign Intelligence court' That should be an abuse for starters. There is no telling if war crimes were enacted as part of a 'secret court order' under that banner, remember Iraq? the weapons of mass destruction, coming out of the mouth of a self declared liar? There is so much more, but for now Mr Snowden has rubber stamped something that a good many people already suspected, and for some time.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

No humanity, no conscience, no civility... oh my, what a very sad place you live in.

Will you still have a song to sing,
when the razor boy comes and takes
your fancy things away?
Will you still be singing it on that
Cold and windy day?
- Steely Dan

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Please for God's sake respond where appropriate you have no clue what it is you are responding to here. You are responding to my view of Pvt. Manning not Mr. Snowden. As it stands right now two entirely different situations.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Please for God's sake respond where appropriate you have no clue what it is you are responding to here. You are responding to my view of Pvt. Manning not Mr. Snowden. As it stands right now two entirely different situations.

Whatever you say my friend, but I was talking about Snowden's realisation of abuse as he has said. I see that as no different than Manning's realisation of abuse. Manning saw casual killing and perhaps more, what Snowden saw is probably much more, and to include the above.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Right now the difference is to the best of our knowledge at this point in time one leaked very specific targeted information. The other took whatever he could get his hands on and the world be damned who got killed and injured as a result of his leak. One did it right the other didnt care.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We may need a new ATS found called "Heroic Whistle-Blowers" at this rate of trending.
He probably saw Obama getting pounded for his mountain of lies and said now is the chance to disclose un-American policies.
Another example of why Chicago should be erased from Earth...too evil to chance another Chicago-style politician.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The Gun Grabbing Nazis are all ready trying to do him like Manning!

Patriot Act Defenders Already Calling for NSA Leaker Edward Snowden to Be Prosecuted
www.politicususa.com...

Republicans and Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein are already going on record calling for the prosecution of NSA leaker Edward Snowden. Patriot Act defenders Republican Rep. Mike Rogers and Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for the prosecution of the leaker this morning on ABC’s This Week.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Right now the difference is to the best of our knowledge at this point in time one leaked very specific targeted information. The other took whatever he could get his hands on and the world be damned who got killed and injured as a result of his leak. One did it right the other didnt care.

All I will say is this,

IF there is a HELL, the MOTHERS if all the Children killed in WAR CRIMES, regardless of Manning's motives,

Won't be pushing Manning into Hell Fire,

Oh no, they'll be pushing the Cheerleaders of WAR CRIMES into the HELL FIRE.

And if that be so, I would say

Good Riddance.

I support Manning, and I Detest War Whores who protect War Crimes, Especially against Children.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You know what? I really like this lady, who happens to be a judge. Time for some comic relief! Unfortunately though, all this stuff is true!
Watch Judge Jeanine slam all the recent scandals.

The collection of phone data and internet data is just routine. Routine? Where in 1984?

Rest easy folks, the incoming security advisor will have a key role over this. You remember her, Susan Rice, the one who gave us the Benghazi fairytale?

edit on 10-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

He leaked more than just war crimes, he is a traitor and should be spending his life behind bars.

Was he convicted?
But in response to your opinion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The National Security line doesn't apply to this situation. This wasn't an operation masterminded by any country or government outside of the US.

If this happened in any other country, you would probably see the US/UN condemning such actions saying it goes against fundamental rights.

Guilty until proven innocent. Unless you are the US Government, then you are just innocent 100% of the time

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Very good thread. I was watching his interview with the Guardian this morning and was so impressed by this young man. I also completely agree that all Americans and anyone interested in their own personal freedom and privacy should stand behind him one hundred percent! This man has risked his own life for freedom and justice. He should get a ticker tape parade if China decides to extradite him. I wonder how that will go? Will China stand up to the USA and do the right thing. He is taking the great chance that they will. What a switch this is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join