It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovemygreatdanes

The only reason people do not believe in ufos and aliens is because they appear clearly very rarely. Hollywood is the best source of ufo folklore and without that I think no one would believe at all. This makes perfect sense, does it not?

Otherwise space is incomprehensibly big and the only rational thing to think is WHO lives WHERE!

How the heck can anyone believe we have been created by aliens and controlled by them today, unless hundreds of people claim this and have substantial evidence? The first time I saw phil schneider talk about nwo dumbs I stopped the video from an overwhelming sense of surreal fear. Slowely I became more tolerant and watched others talk about reverse engineering craft.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
afternoon/evening at a friend's crawdad boil, will reply to all questions overnight.

take a good look at the 1963 ukraine drawings, it was another satellite reentry, like this one. compare the two with an open mind.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Neat video. Looks like an LED covered jetliner. In fact it looks very much like a LED covered conventional plane with the middle portions lit... at any rate it looks like a solid craft as one can see a shadow of the body in most of the video.

For what it's worth...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm going to say satellite debris...

In a low earth orbit say around 70,000 km. A dead satellite will only be doing around 1500m/s and if it approaches at just the right angle, at 1500m/s it's not going to suffer as much from aerodynamic heating as say a comet. Besides that a comet would be going 20-30km/s a 'slight' difference in speed.

If these conditions are met is likely the metallic coating on the debris designed to protect it from radiation would only suffer minor burns but instead cause the material to shatter. Once the material reaches 20kms its going to slow down significantly to around 250-400m/s. This viewed from the ground would look quite sluggish.

The flashes you see are likely the result of the aerodynamic heating prehand. Would be interesting to know how long the show lasted to determine the entry angle, and velocity.

Edit: I should mention for anyone interested.. The explosion on the material is caused by extreme heat differential between the inner and outer layers of the material... although the outer is being subjected to extremes of heat the inner is still heated very little from the 2.7kelvin of local space. This causes rapid expansion and, well, boom.
edit on 11-5-2013 by MongusePro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
cause i think they are domestic...from the private sector...and the military complex dont seem to be that bothered...therefore....

It's interesting isn't it? I've often wondered why our governments don't seem too concerned with these unidentified objects, and the UK government has even said on record before now (about which instance I can't recall) that there is no threat to national security.

But surely if there is some craft acting in an intelligent manner, unidentified, in our air space, that is of course a threat to our security. If the RAF or USAF cannot see and track a large object entering our airspace, and they do not know where it has come from, what its intention is and who sent it - that is a threat to our security.

In my opinion, our governments are either totally unable to defend against these things and therefore just pretend they don't exist to avoid having to answer to the concerns of the public, or they know exactly what they are and who is sending them.

The latter actually makes sense. If China was sending a craft over your country, and they believed it couldn't be seen, maybe you would let it go and deny you saw anything, just so they don't know that you know about it?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Looks to me like a swarm of remote controlled RC choppers from the local chapter of RC enthusiasts, celebrating the 5 year anniversary of their group they decide to celebrate in style with a plethora of LED powered lights and flashes, confidently flying in tight formation from their local station/meeting point in the parking lot of the supermarket. Jose (the leader) was in the lead followed by his wingmen as they did a circuit of the area.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
interesting good post

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thanks Mr. Oberg,

Enjoy the feast. We will be looking forward to your return.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Show me the way to go home
I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago
And it went right to my head
Where ever I may roam
On land or sea or foam
You will always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It was a good set of videos though. Don't you think so?
edit on 11-5-2013 by spartaocean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

Thanks Mr. Oberg,

Enjoy the feast. We will be looking forward to your return.

While I'm away -- heading for the door -- I would humbly suggest that reading the debate here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
about a similar event, may answer a lot of questions already.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Hey FireballStorm. You saw it too. I bet it took you 2 seconds to recognize the tracks.

You even brought the same video I did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MongusePro
I'm going to say satellite debris...

In a low earth orbit say around 70,000 km.

Satellites break up when they reenter the atmosphere. This occurs at roughly 100 km altitude, which is the same altitude at witch meteors start to become visible.

A dead satellite will only be doing around 1500m/s

Not even close. Satellites start to slow down as the start to dip into the atmosphere. At this stage they are traveling at anywhere from 2-10 km/s.

You do realize that a "dead" satellite keeps orbiting at more or less the same speed as it does when it was "alive"? Satellites don't usually have propulsion systems, although they may have thrusters for slight changes in orientation/orbit.

Besides that a comet would be going 20-30km/s a 'slight' difference in speed.

More like 20-74 km/s.

Just look at the speed at which cometary meteors enter the atmosphere:

Leonids (Comet Tempel-Tuttle) - 73 km/s
eta Aquarids (Haley's Comet) - 66 km/s
Lyrids (Comet Thatcher) - 48 km/s
Pi Puppids (26P Grigg-Skjellerup) - 18 km/s

Once the material reaches 20kms its going to slow down significantly to around 250-400m/s.

What??

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Meteorites maybe, it looks more like debris from something because of it's compact area. Possibly a satellite that has collided with something. Looks nothing like a space ship.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
The laughing in the background makes me think it's a hoax.

Night UFO footage is impossible to decipher, lights could be anything.

So because they are laughing its a hoax?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Less than 2

Yeah, it's one of the "classic examples" I have saved in a .txt doc so I don't have to go hunting around for them.

link   
I think the video could be of a legitimate ufo capture simply for the reason that it is not *too good to be true*.

If they are really good and scary people say "you effing moron, that is a cgi creation".

I have posted grey aliens walking and ufos over airports with people shouting. "OH MY GOD!!!!" I get about 5 flags and 10 stars.

Thanks for sharing it.

link   
I am not sure as to what this is, but it is quite a leap to suggest that this object is of extraterrestrial origin...

My initial thought was "flares", but the speed at which these lights travelled seem to be quite fast for flares.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Looks like it WAS Satellite debris. In this case it looks like a payload from the commercial spaceflight company
Orbital Sciences Corporation.

It’s with some relief I can say that’s not a fleet of alien spaceships bent on either enslaving the human race or possibly eating us. It's not even a swarm of meteors: what you're actually seeing there is a satellite dramatically breaking up as it re-enters the Earth’s atmosphere. And it’s even been identified: it was the Cygnus mass simulator, a payload lofted into space by the Antares rocket in April!

Read the article here:
Slate: Sat re entry looks like UFOs

Read the entire article, there's a nice tip 'o the hat to Jim Oberg at the end.

edit on 11-5-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras

Filmed from six cameras no less!.................and all we have (as per usual) is indistinct dots of light in the sky

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join