It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 good questions for christians/creationists

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

There is no logic to what you´re saying whatsoever.

That is all I can say to this.

Your argumentation reminds me of numerology. Meaning absolutely lacking of any substance or ground in reality whatsoever.

Let´s start with the basics, then we´ll maybe get somewhere.

Question 1: Do you believe in evolution?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

Here is a question that I pose whenever I get into the evolution/ creationism debate. I haven't gotten a satisfactory answer yet. BTW- Dawkins couldn't answer it either.
Maybe it is fair to wait until you are not buzzed to ask but I can wait for the answer.

Can you give an example of a genetic mutation or an evolutionary process which can be seen to increase the information in the genome?

Also, can you explain the complexity of bacterial flagellum and the theory of irreducible complexity?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
As to the question:

Do I believe the world is ancient?

Absolutely. The opening verse of Genesis describes the creation of the universe. There's no time frame given. So it's anybody's guess how long ago that was. Oh just wait, we haven't even gotten to the good part yet. We will eventually, though.

The Earth is not being created in verse 2. It's recovering from "tohu", which means it was in a chaotic state. The dry land is already there, just covered in a layer of, what sounds like frozen water. The spirit of "elohm" floats over the surface, and the surface draws back to reveal dry land that was already there. (it evaporates),

I believe in evolution, yes, but not exactly as you have been taught.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

So you subscribe to the gap theory

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The numbers in the quoted passages are what is known as STRONGS numbers. They are clickable links to that show you what the word was in the original hebrew in that passage. it's not numerology.

here's the place. click the little number by the word and you get the original word it was translated from and the meaning
www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I´ll say it right away. No, I can´t. I am not a biologist or a genealogist.

All I can say though, is that evolution is a fact as the fossil records beautifully demonstrate it, which btw, Mr. Dawkins DOES agree with.

If you have further, in-depth questions, you should ask them to some professors of the trade. I am sure that they´ll gladly address your concerns.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by undo

So you subscribe to the gap theory

i don't think of it like the gap theory. i think of it like the bible is the history of man. things that came before that, are not discussed because it was a different dispensation, known as the dispensation of the angels (other created races)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

So, you somehow believe in genesis AND evolution?

Could you share a little bit more about how that works exactly?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You think of angels as an ACTUAL race? That would have lived on earth and would have died here? A race that would have left fossils?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

1: If you were born in a non christian country with a different main religion, would you still somehow end up a christian?

Thats a good question.

Christianity's central doctrine is that one MUST believe Jesus died for their sins to be "saved". The idea of one man dying for others sins is a rather convoluted belief system not found in any other religion. A monotheist who believes in One God will still remain a monotheist whether he was born alternatively as a Jew, a Muslim or a Sikh etc. A Christian would never retain his beliefs regarding Jesus if he were born into a different religion. Its impossible.

Most other religions have a high view of Jesus. Hindus probably believe Jesus was an incarnation of God. The Sikhs consider Jesus as a true messenger of God, the Buddhists probably believe Jesus was also enlightened like Buddha. The Muslims believe Jesus was the Messiah, but not God. Yet, NONE of these religions accept that Jesus died on the cross for their sins... so they miss the mark according to Christians.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by undo

You think of angels as an ACTUAL race? That would have lived on earth and would have died here? A race that would have left fossils?

Angels are sometimes referred to as Seraphim. That's a plural word. The singular form is Seraph:

8314 saraph saw-rawf' from 8313; burning, i.e. (figuratively) poisonous (serpent); specifically, a saraph or symbolical creature (from their copper color):--fiery (serpent), seraph.

www.eliyah.com...

now think about this verrrrrry carefully. what came before humans?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If there exists holes in the THEORY, then how can you conclude that it is fact? You have a track record already established in this thread of making conclusive statements out of inconclusive evidence. You say the fossil record shows it yet there is no intermediary fossil record. Once again, I feel the need to remind you that there is evidence on both sides along with renowned PhD's supporting that evidence. This is the only true fact on the subject- neither side can state conclusively that they are right. I already know by your past responses that you do not agree but only narrow-mindedness will prevent you from accepting that there are two strong arguments.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I think he meant "race" as in a class of beings.

I don't know if he is muslim but the Islamic belief is that among Gods creations are 3 classes of beings.
Angels made of light. Jinn made of smokeless fire. And humans made of earth.

edit on 18-4-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

hehe, I don´t believe this. YOU believe in the seraphim, and you tell ME to think carefully what came before humans?

I will give you the same advice that I have given here before.

Google evolution. Or even better, go into any good museum and simply look at the evidence.

I cannot feed you every bit of info that you should know by now..

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Because there is no other theory that makes more sense? How do I have to explain this to you?

Surely we do not know every single detail of evolution, and surely we still have a lot to learn about it still.

But what do you propose is the alternative? Genesis?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by undo

hehe, I don´t believe this. YOU believe in the seraphim, and you tell ME to think carefully what came before humans?

I will give you the same advice that I have given here before.

Google evolution. Or even better, go into any good museum and simply look at the evidence.

I cannot feed you every bit of info that you should know by now..

You are assuming much in your reply. Seraphim are serpents. What's a serpent?
What roamed this planet for a huge amount of time?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

No worries. In fact, I invite you to really check out and look into what I've discovered along the way.

The Superintelligent Synchronistic Living Loving Light Fantastic

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Personally, I do believe Genesis. However, I do not object to man attempting to discover how God went about creating everything.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your argumentation is rather pathetic. Again, google evolution.

I can´t do anymore for you here.

If you believe that the existence of snakes is equal to proof for the physical of existence of angels.. Well, what can I even say about that?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I can´t believe it. You Sir, on your high horse of wisdom, are arguing in favour of GENISIS?

Ok, let´s roll with it. Do you believe that Eve was created from adam´s rib or do you believe the other one?

And what do you say about dinosaurs? Or carbon dating? Or astronomy? Or, I don´t know, ANY other scientific fact that speaks against you?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join